Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping in limerick

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭

hi, ladies in particular,

I am heading to limerick for the weekend and I would like to do a little shopping but I am not familiar with the city. I am not talking about the regular high street stores.. are there any shops/street you would recommended in the city that are worth a look? I am into handbags,, not necessarily designer.. but nice handbags,, and shoes,, and classic clothing,.. dresses especially - for casual wear. Thanks in advance, S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

theres an over supply of shopping centres in Limerick which arent in the city..the biggest is the crescent, heres the website for a list if shops

http://www.crescentshoppingcentre.ie/

some of the others include;

childers road retail park,
    parkway shopping centre,
    parkway retail park,
    castletroy shopping centre,
    jetland shopping centre

as far as i know these ones would have a good enough range of stuff for woman..the rest would be more furniture and diy retail parks,just google them to find out more info,

other than that the city centre is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Theres a few little shops hidden around the city centre, wouldnt be sure of their names and some have closed unfortunately. Limerick isnt that spread out so just park centrally and wander about. I personally dont think its all that great for shopping but its possible to find the odd gem :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Sporina,
    There are a number of nice shops in the city centre and, given the fact we're going to have some nice weather, you may as well enjoy what the city centre has to offer.

There are plenty of nice stores in the city. If you are looking for nice dresses, I know Pamela Scott on Henry Street has some nice stuff. I'm not sure about the handbags, but I'll ask the gf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I think shes more after little boutique stores rather than the high street stores... there are a few tucked away in side streets. Let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭sporina

so would i be right in thinking that limerick has not that much to offer in terms in what I might be looking for? Should i just devote my time to the heritage sites instead of shopping?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

There's defo a few places you might be interested in on Catherine street, little boutiques. Few of them are a good bit up. also tippe canoe on Thomas street upper Thomas street. For handbags there's one good store on Ellen street across from instore that is supposed to have some great stuff
    Limerick city centre is struggling but there are a few good stores still about. I'm sure someone can give you more details on the stores on catherine street but there a couple of popular boutiques. Roches street might have one ir two as well.

If you're just wandering would reccomend a wander around the milk Market on Saturday morning.. Not for shoes and bags bur a nice buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Katie janes at the castletroy shopping centre is worth a look,love their coats. Def Tippe Canoe too.Brown thomas for handbags,there is also a new designer exchange shop on shannon street,clothes,handbags included. hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Ya have jr's in the city on rhe pedestrian bit of thomas street as well
    Caroline Mitchell designs on cathrine street as well as joli. Greta Gibbs and nozomi shoe boutique and eng boutique on Catherine street upper. Also got Helena modes and eves on roches street, along with dolly boutique and lulu on that street too as well as some others

They're the main ones I can think off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i think shopping in limerick can be a nightmeare..town for some things, crescent for one or two others, and a selection of retail parks dotted around the outskirts..just incase! if only they were all in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭sporina

vkid wrote: »
    Ya have jr's in the city on rhe pedestrian bit of thomas street as well
    Caroline Mitchell designs on cathrine street as well as joli. Greta Gibbs and nozomi shoe boutique and eng boutique on Catherine street upper. Also got Helena modes and eves on roches street, along with dolly boutique and lulu on that street too as well as some others

They're the main ones I can think off

thanks a million, i Actually did not make it up last weekend - change of plans - but I will be heading up there soon.. so will let ye know how if I find any treasures..

• Advertisement
Advertisement