Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*HELP* How do I clean my Laptop Hard Drive?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I want to put everything I have on my laptop (videos, documents, pictures, music) onto a new Desktop Hard Drive that I have just purchased.

Do I just drag and drop all files onto it?

After putting everything from my laptop onto the external Hard Drive I want to in a sense ''clean up'' my laptop. My laptop is running a little slow at the minute. I want to restore it to what it was like the very first day I got it.

How do I wipe everything clear from my laptop so I can start again with a new ''fresh/clean'' laptop with nothing on it?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wrong forum and all bold wont get you an answer any quicker, just make you look like a ****.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sweetdream

Wrong forum and all bold wont get you an answer any quicker, just make you look like a ****.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=907

@Lethal_Bullet

I joined boards in August 2009 but this is my first time using it and I don't know where to post things.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you click the above link and then hit Comp + Tech then "New Thread" you'll be in the right place. The lads on that forum know their stuff, and its a simple task so you shouldn't have a problem:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

sweetdream wrote: »
    I want to put everything I have on my laptop (videos, documents, pictures, music) onto a new Desktop Hard Drive that I have just purchased.

Do I just drag and drop all files onto it?

After putting everything from my laptop onto the external Hard Drive I want to in a sense ''clean up'' my laptop. My laptop is running a little slow at the minute. I want to restore it to what it was like the very first day I got it.

How do I wipe everything clear from my laptop so I can start again with a new ''fresh/clean'' laptop with nothing on it?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Get out a toothbrush and start scrubbin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sweetdream

@Lethal_Bullet
    Get out a toothbrush and start scrubbin
    ;) Ha good one :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Wht you are talking about is clean install. Once you have your files backup then used CD with OS that arrived with your laptop, insert it and reboot the laptop. It will load up install and from there you can format hard drive and run fresh OS install. This will bring you back to what it was the day you purchased it.

If this is a bit extreme for your comfort then just download ccleaner application, its free and run it. It will clean and repair your registry.

Advertisement