Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin petting zoo

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey all

not sure if this is the correct forum but ill ask away anyway

the misses is mad about pig,s and well i was thinking it would be fun to take her to a petting zoo

anyone know any in around dublin / north county

also is it just little lambs you can touch or can ya touch the pigs
    :o :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

There's one in Corkagh Park in Clondalkin, not sure what animals are in it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Is there a petting zoo in Dublin zoo or am I imagining things? Unless I'm thinking of Fota . . . I remember some donkeys and such, but don't remember any pigs.

Btw, that's a really sweet thing to do! I wish someone would take me to a pet zoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

They are in the middle of renovating the city farm part of dublin zoo. Was there about 4 weeks ago anf it didnt look anywhere near ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

thanks guys, think theres one in new grange. have to find it lol

is that the place with the tomb and a farm.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I was in Dublin Zoo at the weekend and all they've done is modernise the country farm part. I actually thought there was far less animals in that part of the zoo than the previous times I was there. Do get me wrong, the rest of zoo is amazing and is something that this country was proud of.

If you really want to get up close and personal with some pigs, lambs and baby goats, horses, cows, chickens and lots more, head for Newbridge House in Donabate. They even let some of the baby goats wander around the farm. I was there a number of weeks back and was very impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

There is one in Corkagh park opening 11.00 to 12.45 and 2.00 - 4.00.
    They have two pigs one who has recently had young. There are also goats, sheep a donkey, rabbits and a load of birds including two types of owls. There is probably more but I have not gone in as I usually have the dog with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Newbridge House, Donabate has an excellent farm with lots of different animals and a good few pigs including some HUMUNGOUS ones! It is very well priced at only around 4 quid per adult.
    That is the one I would recommend anyway. We usually go once a year and sometimes twice to catch up with any "new arrivals"!:D

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/CommunityRecreationandAmenitiesDepartment/Parks/ParksHeritageProperties/NewbridgeTraditionalFarm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

excellent thanks guys :) newbridge hoouse it is so :)

Advertisement