Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to cork

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

How far is the model farm road from the city. There's probably buses but on a nice a day is it walkable? Can anyone recommend places to live in the city? I don't mind a 20-30 minute walk from the city. Preferably close to the lough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

How far is the model farm road from the city. There's probably buses but on a nice a day is it walkable? Can anyone recommend places to live in the city? I don't mind a 20-30 minute walk from the city. Preferably close to the lough.

Depends which end of the Model farm road really - but a rule of thumb would be maybe 30 minutes or so, you would get to Washington street in 20. The number 5 runs along that road.

I live by The Lough, CIT is about a 30 / 40 minute walk from the Lough, City Centre 10 mins from the Lough, as above, where is Model Farm Road are you referring to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

As people have said the model farm road stretches from Dennehys Cross out to the edge of Ballincollig so anything from 1 hours walk to a brisk 20 mins at the Dennehys Cross side.

The bus service would include the awful Ballincollig service (which should be improving next year) and the not so awful number 8 or 5, not sure which but basically a more frequent city service which covers some of that road.

Or you could get a bike and be in and out in no time, nice roads if you're not afraid of some lunatic driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

How far is the westside centre on the model farm road? And where abouts are the irish guide dogs for the blind? I wouldn't mind volunteering for them.

I was thinking about getting a bike until i saw the hills in cork. Is the model farm road another hill?

How far is the westside centre on the model farm road? And where abouts are the irish guide dogs for the blind? I wouldn't mind volunteering for them.

I was thinking about getting a bike until i saw the hills in cork. Is the model farm road another hill?

Guide dogs are practically in Ballincollig, at the bottom of a little hill. Model farm road isn't too hilly (although most of it is not flat), even someone quite porky and unfit would be able to cycle all of it on a racing bike I would think. A mountain bike with low gears and there'd be no prob at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

I think the westside centre you're talking about is opposite a Texaco petrol station, out near CIT towards the country side of model farm road (not bad cause the bus stops to the city are nearby). The guide dogs are about 15 minutes walk out towards ballincollig, they're usually well subscribed with volunteers but can't hurt to offer!

As roverjames says it is somewhat hilly, especially out towards the guide dogs, but its not too bad on a bike.

Also, a walk from there to town would be a bit long, definitely worth bike/bus

Advertisement