Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey

Basically am looking for a decent place to go on a saturday with the girl friend to go horse riding.
    Both complete beginners.
    I did do a google search but 2 places that came up , the lesson was only 45 mins long. Kind of thought there was a bit more to it ? seems short in my opinion.

anyone able to recommend any places in around dublin? am in raheny area but can travel within reason. Seems a few places are in ashbourn / swords which is grand.

anyone any feed back recommendations

thanks in advance AL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

http://www.glendaloughadventure.ie/treks.htm - have been here before and its fab....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

alfy101 wrote: »
    I did do a google search but 2 places that came up , the lesson was only 45 mins long. Kind of thought there was a bit more to it ? seems short in my

Most lessons would be around that length to give the horses time to warm up and cool down. If you're doing a lot of new or physically demanding things, 45 minutes seems like an eternity! :D

Regarding places in the North Dublin area, this post has recommended a few places which the poster has personal experience of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

Bearpup wrote: »
    http://www.glendaloughadventure.ie/treks.htm - have been here before and its fab....
    thats the ticket, brill thanks for that ill let you know how i get on :)
    convert wrote: »
    Most lessons would be around that length to give the horses time to warm up and cool down. If you're doing a lot of new or physically demanding things, 45 minutes seems like an eternity! :D

true was only talking about it in work today. seems ill be walking like john wayne for a few days after :rolleyes:

true was only talking about it in work today. seems ill be walking like john wayne for a few days after :rolleyes:

But think of the workout you'll get! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This really depends. I've only been riding a year but i only remember one lesson where i was struggling the next day. I was going once a week at the start and the lessons were about an hour with a max of 6 people so they were tough. I'd play a good bit of soccer and be generally fit so it really depends on the person.

Advertisement