Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alcohol free dates

• 23-06-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

hey

im 23 and recently started dating a girl i liked for a long while now shes 22 :)

she likes her nights out but we met through work and only the last 3-4 weeks fri/sats have been made up pub/club

shes very into outdoors/gigs but not a tom boy but no girlie girl,

so far we have gone cineme (cringe) followed by bowling.
    also went camping with a group of friends

anyway its hard do stuff as we work opisit shifts and basically am going away soon and would like to do something the saturday which doesnt involve the pub.

so far ive come up with

petting zoo (she,s mad about pigs - dunno why)

horse riding

ice skating in dundalk

hike ? or is that to soon afte rthe camping, there was a hike involved there

go karting

sea safari

am in the d 13 area

open to ideas :confused:

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

think..not 100% sure but i think the ice ring in dundalk is either closing or is already closed.

edit:
    info on the dome discussed on boards here

going to dublin zoo is a great time!
    don't forget the usual dinner and maybe a nice walk afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

zoo is cool, its on the list. looking into this sea safari sounds exciting, might leave the zoo for another time :) thanks though

oh.. why a looong walk :confused:

dinner.. ha, can do that :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

alfy101 wrote: »
    zoo is cool, its on the list. looking into this sea safari sounds exciting, might leave the zoo for another time :) thanks though

oh.. why a looong walk :confused:

dinner.. ha, can do that :cool: :pac:

Brennanstown Stables near Bray does a 2 hour hack around Sugarloaf on Saturdays during the summer. That might be nice and ye could go for lunch somewhere afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If either of ye are interested you could always go to the (horse) races. Leopardstown have summer race meetings every Thursday evening with live music afterwards. I think they also do some good deals regarding a sit down meal or light snacks, too. All the info is on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thesituation51

National Stud/Japanese Gardens...

Powerscourt...

Theatre...

bowling...(cheesy but fun!:p)

a rugby/gaa/some sorta sporting event

National gallery or museum...

I'm not really a drinker, these are all fun things I've done on dates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

See the first date thread thats running.

Horse riding, Scuba,surf lessons, cooking dinner .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

• Wax museum
    • national history / national museum
    • one of the cool bus tours (like the Rock tour or the Ghost Bus), or even a bus tour of Dublin :)
    • there's the Dino exhibition in the Ambassador (she likes pigs, might like Dino's too lol)
    • Botanic Gardens is lovely for a walk on a Saturday afternoon with the sun out
    • Zoo (as mentioned) is always good craic :)
    • Cook dinner at home? Have some nice fresh juice as drinks ;) (and you're closer to the bedroom lol)
    • Indoor climbing
    • Swimming
    • Nice stroll around Howth maybe (there's usually a market on at the weekend), then grab some fresh fish & chips :) yum

There's lots of things to do that don't involve drinking!

However, most of the above can also be quite fun when alcohol is involved!

Hope some of those help!
    I'd just take her to the pub and get her drunk though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

• Wax museum
    • national history / national museum
    • one of the cool bus tours (like the Rock tour or the Ghost Bus), or even a bus tour of Dublin :)
    • there's the Dino exhibition in the Ambassador (she likes pigs, might like Dino's too lol)
    • Botanic Gardens is lovely for a walk on a Saturday afternoon with the sun out
    • Zoo (as mentioned) is always good craic :)
    • Cook dinner at home? Have some nice fresh juice as drinks ;) (and you're closer to the bedroom lol)
    • Indoor climbing
    • Swimming
    • Nice stroll around Howth maybe (there's usually a market on at the weekend), then grab some fresh fish & chips :) yum

There's lots of things to do that don't involve drinking!

However, most of the above can also be quite fun when alcohol is involved!

Hope some of those help!
    I'd just take her to the pub and get her drunk though lol

:D

nice one lad thanks lol. last option good too haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

When we were younger we used to go on dates to the food market in Meeting House Square in Temple Bar - was good fun with great food. We go back there now with our little one. There is a really lovely food market on Sunday in Dun Laoighre, you also have the advantage of walking out on the pier there also. How about a picnic in the Phoenix Park, or just go for a walk there in general?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭katie99

If you are going horse riding you will need the right riding gear. That means wearing a skull cap ( obligatory in all riding stables for public liability insurance), a back protector(for the same reason as above) and riding boots or wellingtons.
    While the stables may provide the skull cap and back protector, you will have to bring your own riding boots or wellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Hadn't thought of any of the museums. That's a good idea. Don't think my OH would be up for it, though! :(

If either of you are interested in art, you could also go to the art gallery on Clare Street, or the museum of modern art, which is on the Red Luas line.

Just on the swimming: not all girls are happy with their figure, so may feel a little self conscious going swimming (though you'll have to judge that one for yourself!)

I like the idea of the Ghost Bus Tour - I've always wanted to do that! :D There's also the Viking Splash Tour, but it's quite expensive (It was 20 quid for adults about 2 years ago, and they didn't do student discounts! :( )

katie99 wrote: »
    If you are going horse riding you will need the right riding gear. That means wearing a skull cap ( obligatory in all riding stables for public liability insurance), a back protector(for the same reason as above) and riding boots or wellingtons.
    While the stables may provide the skull cap and back protector, you will have to bring your own riding boots or wellies.

I'm pretty sure the majority of riding schools provide helmets as some of the ones that are available in non-equestrian stores don't always meet the required safety standards. AFAIK, back protectors are not required to be worn in all equestrian centres, and if they are it's usually only when jumping. Some schools also provide boots, and a lot of people who go for their first horse riding won't/don't have a pair of riding boots. If you're concerned about the latter, you could always have a chat with the riding school when you're booking the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Try the national stud tours, then maybe go for dinner?

Advertisement