Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

DeWitt wrote: »
    According to blogger sites, but neither of them have confirmed it...yet.

Gah!....gotta post links mate! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I dunno, season 1 flashbacks were great to fill us in on the brothers past, but apart from the Katerine flashback episode this season I thought they were a bit pointless.
    I like Elijah, and Klaus seems pretty cool but I don't care enough about them to want to see time given over to their past.

I'm presuming it'll have more to do with the original doppelganger and vampire/werewolf families. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm presuming it'll have more to do with the original doppelganger and vampire/werewolf families. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I'd think so too, but I'm still not sure how much I want to see. The season 1 flashbacks were very much in line with the present day story, but I felt a lot of this years ones took me out of the story somewhat. Especially the one with Lexi in it. Of course I was happy to see her again but that whole episode did nothing to further the story or to give us any new information. The more recent Klaus/Elijah one was a bit of a waste of time too. Sure we got that they're brothers and the curse was made up, but Elijah could've explained that in about 2 minutes to Elena, why have a whole episode of flashbacks.

I just wonder how, if the focus is on the originals next season, how is that going to tie into the main story. I thought this years main story arc was a little shaky to be honest, like they weren't really sure what they were doing until about half way through. And it may just be me but I thought the whole ware wolf story line was a bit too much. I know vamps and wolves tend to go hand in hand on these shows but it just seemed way too complicated and then when they undid the legend of the sun and moon curse it made that whole plot seem a bit pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I presume they will show in the flshbacks what happened to the other five brothers- it sounds like they're all dead. I think the season 1 flashbacks worked better since they included the main cast members- Stefan/Damon/Katerina. This year they've usually only included Katerina with some other people form the past. They should have never mentioned Lexi agian in the show- her death and Stefans quick forgiveness of her the killing by his brother of his best friends was one of the most unbelievable aspects of season 1.

They should have never mentioned Lexi agian in the show- her death and Stefans quick forgiveness of her the killing by his brother of his best friends was one of the most unbelievable aspects of season 1.

I think that may have been a case of fan pandering. Lexi was bizarrely popular after her brief brief appearance in season 1 and a lot of people were pissed she was killed off, so they brought her back in flashback. It wasn't a bad idea but it was poorly executed. Like you said, it made it seem stupid that Stefan could be so quick to forgive seeing how important she was in his life, and it also made Stefan's blood crazy past seem non existent as the flashbacks made it seem like he was on human blood for a week or two at most after he turned. Not exactly the crazy animal they made him out to be before.

• Advertisement

Bloodbath!....deaths, deaths and more deaths to shake a witch, a warewolf and a vampire at!

Wow!...RIP Jenna/John and Tylers wolf friend who's name escapes me. So we went all season for that sacrifice?....was it worth it?, seemed pretty simple in the end. So Klaus is a warepire and Elijah let him go so as he could find his lost lost relatives, so more originals next season?

Jesus, Elena has no one left!....everyone around her gets killed, i'd off myself had i lost that many people. You wonder WHY she even sticks around?....hop on a Greyhound love!

I guess they've dumped Matt meaning he dies next week ensuring Caroline/Tyler for next season....me thinks Sherrif Mom might get the bullet as well. It's never boring this show, the high body count ensures this.

Has Alaric any reason for being now?....maybe him dead as well, so i've just eliminated six characters, lots of new faces for season 3 :-)

I really didn't think they'd kill of another one of Elena and Jeremy's parent/guardian types but they killed them both off!!! I guess they're setting Jeremy up to become Batman.
    Shouldn't they be in care now, all their living relatives are dead!! Although I've been saying for months that Matt should be in care but there he is all alone and nobody cares.

I like Tyler/Caroline as friends, and I like how she takes care of him but I don't want them as a couple. It's Matty Blue Eyes or celibacy Caroline, your choice.

I laughed at Damon not wanting to tell Elena about the wolf bite. I don't think she'd be mourning at your grave buddy, dancing on it maybe, but not mourning.

Bonnie, I never liked ya but you were kind of awesome in that episode. I loved how she trapped Jeremy and Ric in the house, and how she just busted in on the sacrifice. More of that and less feather floating and I could get to like her.

Next weeks episode looks like it might be a bit anti climactic after this weeks shenanigans. I've lost a lot of love for Damon the second half of this season, so I can't say I'm all that bothered about watching a whole episode of him going through the wolfy sweats.

And now for the important stuff, what's happening with Katherine? Klaus isn't dead so is she still compelled to stay in the apartment? Are her and Ric going to be roomies next season? That I'd love to see :)

I felt this weeks ep was a bit anti-climatic too. They squeezed too much into one episode that there wasn't time to process anything.
    And I fudging hate that Damon et al are going to find a way out of this werewolf bite. Why are the Salvatores so special? They get out of everything, they're unstoppable.

I felt this weeks ep was a bit anti-climatic too. They squeezed too much into one episode that there wasn't time to process anything.
    And I fudging hate that Damon et al are going to find a way out of this werewolf bite. Why are the Salvatores so special? They get out of everything, they're unstoppable.

Yeah I think they could've had the sacrifice over the last two episodes. I mean Jenna died, woke up, transitioned, came to terms with it all and died again in about 5 minutes. I know this show goes at break neck speed but that was a bit too fast for me.
    Julie Plec said there was something they wanted to do before the season ended so they decided to have the finale be the aftermath of the sacrifice, which is fair enough, but they still could have given more time over to it. I know there's not much in the way of filler episodes on this show but that silly 60's dance springs to mind as an episode that we could've done without.

I'm assuming they won't kill Damon because I can hear the fan uproar just thinking about it, but I think it'd be a very brave and exciting way for the show to go. Although, I do feel like Stefan and Damon's relationship is the most interesting one on the show so it would probably suffer there, but still, I wouldn't be adverse to them throwing that at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

My issues with the ep :
    • Being that Klaus is now a werevamp and thus even stronger what makes Elijah think he'll feel obligated to tell him how to find/free his no doubt dessicated vamp family once he takes his hand out of his chest .
    • Was Klaus really so naive as to think Elijah wouldn't be out for revenge after what was done to his family , yet he trusts him to hunt down the doppleganger ?
    • Why didn't Jenna just snap the witches neck instead of trying to drain her ,no witch no sacrifice .
    • Those bloody grimwarws are becoming quite the deux ex machina I'd bet dollars to donuts they find a cure for Damon in one of them in the final episode .

• Advertisement

In defence of Jenna I don't think vampires in this show become proficient killers in the first few hours of turning- but it was strange that she just bit her in the neck- what was she trying to do?! I think the show will suffer for the loss of her since she had the last messed up storyline than the rest of the characters and didn't seem preposterious like the rest of characters. If there is definitely going to be another death in the last episode I wouldn't miss Tyler, Matt, Klaus, Jeremy or Bonnie.
    Also the scene in which Bonnie was trying to kill klaus reminded me of a music video for some reason: trees shaking, Bonnie making shapes, strange lighting.

Yeah I thought it was quite clever of Jenna to try and take out the witch. I thought she was just going to do like Elena said and try to run, which would've been really stupid. She knew that taking out the witch would at least delay Klaus' plan. I guess it was just her vampy instincts to go for the neck.

I don't want Matt to die because I think he could still come around to being on Team Caroline, plus there's all the unresolved stuff about Vicki there too. I wouldn't like them to let the two clueless guys in on the secret only to then kill them both a few episodes later.

Tyler I wouldn't miss but I heard he's not in the finale so it's unlikely he'd die. Bonnie looks in trouble in the extended promo so maybe she'll go. As much as I'd dig Jeremy's grave for him I really can't see them taking another person away from Elena. Sheriff Mom is top of my list to die.

Ah!...four died, i forgot about Greta.....but i think everyone did :-)

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/vampire-diaries-exit-interview-sun-also-rises/

Yeah i think Jenna dieing was a bad move tbh, her and Alaric were good together + the parental role.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah! I've only just had a chance to watch this episode. One thought prevails amongst all others; the writers all have some sort of prejudice against the letter J.

John, Jenna, Jules.

Who is next? Jeremy? Will this crusade against this seemingly innocuous letter continue?

I think probably not. They can't take Jeremy away from Elena too. Already she's lost two adoptive parents, her real mother, her real father and her guardian aunt. Holy Jaysis, that's some body count Elena. That's okay though, you continue to flail uselessly about while your family all wake up brown bread around you. Nevermind the fact that you becoming a vampire could possibly have prevented a lot of the bloodshed.

But then, I suppose we wouldn't have a show, would we?

I'm with Richard on the finale, Sheriff Mom to bite the dust next (with a scene beforehand of acceptance of her daughter when she realises Caroline is essentially still Caroline). I can't see Damon dying either, they'll save him with some witchy ways, but possibly have a heart-wrenching and poignant moment at the end between our Big 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Love Vampire Diaries. No Damon couldn't die, he's too much in the story line - about the 2 brothers loving the same woman. Nah he'll stay alive. No need for Alaric to be alive. If Bonnie was taken out it'd lose the other magical element that the show has vampire, werewolf, werevamp, witch etc

Hmm. Kinda lame. Everytime you went OMG! What's happening? It ended up being fake. Stop playing with us writers, when you do it so much it just becomes tedious.

So lets see... Klaus betraying Elijah- predictable, but he'll be back

Damon not dying & a 'love' scene with Elena - predictable

Katherine going free - Yay

Evil Stefan - Who cares, and why is Klaus so interested in him? He has been around for over 1,000 years yet Stefan is the special one.Stefan's the baddest most fericious vampire he has heard of in all that time? Oh please.

Sherriff Mom shooting Jer - OMG! moment Numero uno

Bonnie professing her love for Jeremy - Oh please x2

Jeremy surviving - *rolls eyes*

Jeremy seeing dead people/vampires - Inspired.

I still can't stand Klaus, he just seems like a walking joke. Flashbacks were pretty pointless, they didn't really tell us anything we couldn't put together already.

I'm gonna put this down under Less than impressive. Nothing much happened that wasn't retconned later.
    2 big storylines set up for next season (Evil Steffy & Jerry The Undead dead whisperer), and that's it.

I liked it alot, action packed as usual....couple of genuine shockers as well, Elijah getting killed.....AGAIN!, how many times is that now?, four?....lol!

The poor lad, he keeps getting killed and brought back to life, it's tough going being a vampire :-)
    Another shocker was Sherrif Mom/really really should call her Liz shooting Jeremy!...woah!, Damon got his redemption, professing his love for Elena as he lay dieing. Did anyone notice they re-used some dialogue edited out from an earlier episode this season?

Where Katherine says to Elena, it's ok to love them both, that line was in a promo but edited out in the final ep. - guess they decided to hold that for the finale. Bit confused about Jeremy at the end....has he gone Sixth Sense?....i see dead people?, Vicky back?...and his GF who got staked last season.

Kayla Ewell....still looking HOT!, all in all a very solid finale imo, evil Stefan back?....YAY!, that's what we want....going all ripper on hot college girls!
    Least Katherine is still around, i'm sure she'll pop up from time to time, was anyone hoping Bonnie would die when saving Jeremy????

Jesus!...these witches are harder to kill then anyone!, so will they push Damon and Elena next season?

BIG issue is....Damon wasn't turned by Stefan, so....what was his beef for 150 years then?, if Damon willingly drank Katherine's blood and he then was shot by his father, what was his problem with Stefan all these years???????
    I mean, that seemed like poor writing and hitting the reset button....not needed.

Julie Plec on season 3: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/vampire-diaries-season-2-finale/

On to Jeremy… So he can see dead people now? Or is it just his past girlfriends because Bonnie told the witch spirits she loved him so they’d help resurrect him?
    All I can say about that is: As Bonnie was told when she was tapping into that kind of magic to do something that goes against the laws of nature, there will be consequences. We’re just getting a slight tease of what those consequences are. For her, the unimagined consequences were worth it. Now if Vicki and Anna end up sticking around and remaining in Jeremy’s world in whatever way it is that they’re appearing, then in addition to supernatural consequences, obviously, there’s gonna be some romantic consequences as well. We’re taking the love triangle to a whole ‘nother level. Without a doubt, this is a story that is teeing up for our audience a whole new element of what we’re going to be doing on this show.

^ a-ha!

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    One thought prevails amongst all others; the writers all have some sort of prejudice against the letter J.

John, Jenna, Jules.

Who is next? Jeremy? Will this crusade against this seemingly innocuous letter continue?.

looks like you were right! ;) - but wait! :confused:

OMG!....you're on the list next Jaxy! :eek:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Wooah! I really enjoyed this!

Looks like the next season is going to be a Jeremy/Bonnie relationship storyline! :D The way he said he felt "different" kinda shows the old Jeremy died, new Jeremy is reborn, but I've got a feeling he's not exactly human anymore, wonder what they've got in store for him! :D

Damon/Elena, kinda predictable, but Stefan being turned back in to a monster was a bit of a surprise, a nice one at that!

I'm just kind of shocked Katherine gave Elena Klaus' blood, there must be something to continue the story in that. Why wouldn't she keep it in case she gets bitten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

BIG issue is....Damon wasn't turned by Stefan, so....what was his beef for 150 years then?, if Damon willingly drank Katherine's blood and he then was shot by his father, what was his problem with Stefan all these years???????
    I mean, that seemed like poor writing and hitting the reset button....not needed.

Stefan forced Damon to drink human blood to complete the transformation, Damon had a change of heart when it came down to it and decided he didn't want vampire life.

Great episode I thought....can already see Stefan coming back and taking the dagger out of all of Klaus' family. Maybe they can kill him...?

Not sure about this Jeremy talking to the dead thing, think you're on the right track Richard with it being past loves to spite Bonnie. As soon as the first shadow passed across him I guessed it was a dead person :p Interested to see how that situation plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Quite a few surprises there, especially Jeremy and his two dead ex girlfriends stuck to him. I sense trouble in his love life in the next season.

Just wondering, with Jenna & John dead, who's going to be Jeremy and Elena's legal guardian? I assume they need one as they're underage? Don't tell me Damon is going to be the step daddy :eek: Alaric might come in handy here, I'm just not sure if the state would give custody of two minors to a stranger.

I am waiting for September to see if Stefan really turned bad or he was just pretending (remember he used to drink a wee bit of Elena's blood to boost his resistance to the blood drive?)

So Katherine really loved Salvatore brothers...I knew she was not as bad as she made everyone believe she was. And I still hate Klaus, not scary at all and because of his slight lisp reminds me of Count Duckula

andala wrote: »
    And I still hate Klaus, not scary at all and because of his slight lisp reminds me of Count Duckula

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Can someone please explain why Jeremy's ring did not work when he was shot?

Over my head completely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Can someone please explain why Jeremy's ring did not work when he was shot?

Over my head completely!

The ring only protects against supernaturals. The Sheriff is human so it doesn't protect him from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    The ring only protects against supernaturals. The Sheriff is human so it doesn't protect him from her.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

andala wrote: »
    Just wondering, with Jenna & John dead, who's going to be Jeremy and Elena's legal guardian? I assume they need one as they're underage? Don't tell me Damon is going to be the step daddy :eek: Alaric might come in handy here, I'm just not sure if the state would give custody of two minors to a stranger.

Nobody knows that Jenna died! They had to keep it all hidden, I think Damon said he placed the funeral takers under compulsion to dig the two graves! As far as everyone else is concerned, Jenna's still alive.. :/

Good episode.Am a bit disappointe that starting next season every character will know about the vampires- they'll be no more hiding around. Can't see the point of Jeremy's new ability. Just seemed a cheap gimmick to bring back some old favourites and give him someone to talk to. i guess they'll be a few episodes spent on deciding if he's really talking to dead people or if he's just going mad with a brain tumour. either way perhaps Jenna will retun for an episode too (since he only seems to be seeing dead vamps).

Ultimately didn't enjoy second season as much as the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Hey all, haven't posted here for a while but am still loving TVD!

I quite liked this Finale. I think it set up season 3 well too. I think the whole "I see dead vampires" is perhaps to do with the fact that didn't both Vicki and Anna drink his blood, so maybe when Emily brought Jeremy back she brought back Anna and Vicki?? Or perhaps they are now living in his consciousness? Hmm.

I do like Stefan when he's a bit more bad ass but how the hell is he going to get away from invincible Klaus?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Stefangelus next season and I liked the return of the dead exs. It was a good idea to have Katherine say the line about loving them both but if they go down the Damon-Elena route, it is totally contrary to the character they've built up in her (as much as I would prefer her with him than Stefan).

Also, I thought I saw Bonnie in the trailer but didn't notice her in the episode -though I was knitting at the same time so not looking at the screen all the time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »

Also, I thought I saw Bonnie in the trailer but didn't notice her in the episode -though I was knitting at the same time so not looking at the screen all the time.

She brought Jeremy back to life :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Damn, I mean her ancestor - Emily!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Haha I was wondering how you managed to miss the Jeremy coming back to life thing! Emily spoke to Stefan through Bonnie at one point but I think that was her only "appearance"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Returns to TG4 on June 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

looks like you were right! ;) - but wait! :confused:

OMG!....you're on the list next Jaxy! :eek:

:p

:eek:

And so! The curse of the J's continues, and as prophesied Jeremy was next on the list to literally bite the bullet. Oh how I gigglesnorted at the expression on Sheriff Mom's face! Take that, you stupid wench! And what's that, a heartwarming moment of understanding between mother and daughter? Ah TVD, could you be any more predictable?

Although there were one or two little surprises; namely Stefangelus emerging (props for the poster who coined that little nickname, I'll be using it to be sure!) and Jeremy going Sixth Sense. Seeing dead ex-girlfriends wouldn't be at all pleasant I'd imagine. I might go so far as to theorise that they aren't actually the spirits of Anna and Vicki, but possibly something else entirely, an evil entity that broke into the material world when Jeremy was resurrected. You know, witches are all about balance in nature. Methinks something followed Jeremy over from the great unknown. The next big bad once the writers kill off Klaus perhaps, and his temporarily slain family get their revenge and run freeeeee all happy together taking tea and scones with Elijah.

Also enjoyed whatsherface's dig at Sheriff Mom and the threat that if she can't handle it, they'll find someone who will. Possible opening for new character. In all a solid enough finale for a slightly disappointing season. But with Stefan possibly on a new rampage, an obvious new love interest for Elena (that storyline is going to be tragically emo as she comes to terms with Stefan's sudden disappearance, I can almost taste the angst), Jeremy seeing dead peoples and Katherine freed to bring about her own special brand of delicious mayhem, I'm looking forward to season three.

Been away, just got caught up. Kind of a let down after the previous weeks episodes.

Damon was never going to die but I suppose it was what Stefan was willing to do to keep him alive that was the point of all that. Like Katherine said, he pretty much gave up Elena to save Damon so shows where the real love story is there.

I can't get over Sheriff Mom, I mean she can't even kill Jeremy right. If it was a character I liked I bet she'd have killed them no problem. Idiot. I don't know how she's managed to survive two full seasons on this show. We live in hope that eventually she will shoot herself while polishing her gun.

Katherine is free, praise the Lord!!! I didn't like Klaus telling Stefan they'd track her down soon enough, but then again he didn't manage to track her down the last time so I'm sure she'll be fine. Was it my imagination or did she admit that she did actually love Damon too? I'd love it if just as Elena is coming round to her feelings for Damon Katherine gets back in there too :D How funny was she when she was disgusted that Elena was still alive :D

Freakin' Hungry Stefan is back. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm happy Paul Wesley might finally get something to do but I hope it's not going to be like in the books how they just completely got rid of Stefan for 95% of one of them and used it to get Damon and Elena together. I have a hell of a lot more faith in the TV show than in the books writing but still, I hope Stefan isn't being thrown under the bus here.

Jeremy, I couldn't care less about you son. This newfound 6th sense matters not to me. I assume he'll be able to see Jenna now too? I didn't care about Caroline one bit at the end of season 2 either but I love her now, so maybe there's hope for Jeremy too.

Overall I don't think season 2 was quite as good as season 1. There was too much going on. It lost it's way a little in the middle section with all the cure and ware wolf stuff going on. I hope they tighten it up for season 3 again. I read an interview with Williamson where he pretty much said they overdid the witchy stuff and he wasn't entirely happy with it so at least they know when they're going off track. Still my favourite show on TV at the mo though.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think I've ever wanted to hit someone in the face with a hurley as much as I do now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin Williamson talks season 3: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/what_will_vampire_diaries_season_pViQEe4e14xnvcAJBFcHfJ

Think we should keep S3 related stuff here until September, then have a new S3 thread.?

Would it not be better to put all Season 3 stuff in a thread for Season 3 or change the title of this to Season 2 & 3?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would it not be better to put all Season 3 stuff in a thread for Season 3 or change the title of this to Season 2 & 3?

That means making a S3 thread very early, now correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the "proceadure" in the main forum was to keep upcoming season news in the most recent thread and launch a brand new season (3) thread close to premiere time.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's no specific procedure for this sorta stuff.

If you keep season 3 news / discussion here, make sure to warn people of such and use spoiler tags where necessary (practically everywhere if it deals with plotlines / casting etc).

In a new thread of season 3 news / discussion with 'spoilers' indicated in the title - you can be a bit more leniant on spoiler tags. But it's still worth warning people if there's heavy spoilers in an article / news story.

It's more common sense than anything!

• Advertisement

That means making a S3 thread very early, now correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the "proceadure" in the main forum was to keep upcoming season news in the most recent thread and launch a brand new season (3) thread close to premiere time.

:confused:

You startthreads for shows that dont get picked up :p and now you are worried about starting a thread too early :confused: I think last year you started the new season threads in fine time ;)

Just getting through season 1, its been on the box for the past year.

It's okay. It lacks humour and there is a lot of filler.

At this point (Ep 18 or so of Series 1) Caroline and Matt have yet to really do anything other then start going out together. Both characters are tertiary to the plot. Matt being Elena's ex and brother of Vicki. There is even an episode where Caroline feels left out and second choice to Elena, again so far she is just Matt's current GF, one of Elena's Best friend and daughter to the sheriff, who is on the council. But the producers feel the need to go on (and on) about their relationship. (Okay Caroline is coming out of a false relationship with Damon and she needs closure, but does the audience?). Perhaps both characters get more central roles in Season 2.

Elean's "Brother" Jeremy would be a great point of comic relief for the series. As he finds out about the vampires, but as a moody teen loner he ends up drinking any humour that he might have, I know he is sad due to the death of his father and mother but he and his girlfriend Vicki could have been great fun, discovering the vampires instead they are in an off-and-on-again relationship. And it does help that she is then killed off.

Damon and Stefan play the roles of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt (respectively) well, but unfortunately neither characters from Interview with a Vampire are all that entertaining. Damon is to dogmatic about being a vampire with little irony while Stefan is staying off blood. Stefan is currently trying to stay way from the blood after drinking some of Elean's. His character has become more fun, but that is only there to cause difficultly with his relationship with Elean.

Again Anna and Jeremy could both be played for comic relief but Anna has a controlling mother and Jeremy is slowly (very slowly) getting to grips with all the vampires. The amount of humour that is lost by Jeremy is disappointing. (Bonnie also needs some sense of humour, they should not have written out her grandmother, but then she is too old for this series :( )

I know you are all going to say it isn't a comedy, but drama needs some comedy, natural comedy. We don't all go around so serious the whole time even when we deal with major issues in our lives (look at The Big C and Nurse Jackie great dramas well scripted and not overly played for laughs). Okay Nurse Jackie is more of a comedy than the Big C, a better example is The Good Wife that can have that sense of humour with out taking from the story. Eli Gold is a good example of what I am talking about in The Good Wife.

Kevin Williamson is the main person behind this show so it is no wonder that it lacks humour, how many humourless seasons of Dawson's Creek were produced for pretty much the same TV channel. Even Pacey in that series suffered from Overly Serious Teen Relationship Syndrome (OSTRS).

However :) I am enjoy this series even with all of its problems. Smallville has a good replacement.

^ I found the lack of a "comic relief" character rather refreshing in this show. I think it was aiming for a more mature audience than other typical CW shows. I know there's still plenty of CW trademarks there, but the lack of humour never really bothered me. Personally I found Damon's attitude through season 1 pretty funny. His tendency to kill now ask questions never amused me. I don't want to give away anything about season 2, but there's another character in it with the same kind of attitude and that also proved funny to me. I guess that's not really humour though...

Season 1 Caroline was a rather blah character, in my opinion, but by the end of season 2 she's one of my favourites. Poor Matt stays rather blah I'm afraid, but I still love him :D Jeremy changes in season 2, but I still don't like him at all. But that's just personal opinion, although I'm yet to come across anyone who actually likes him, but I'm sure there's someone.

Personally I found Damon's attitude through season 1 pretty funny.

No it is what I mean, Damon can be quite sinister and sarcastic at times, but that is limited to him. Just some natural humour, you don't necessarily need a comic relief character. (In away I was think Jeremy would be good as a version of the Frog Brothers from The Lost Boys). I don't dislike Jeremy but there is very little to either dislike or like about him.

I am guessing John Gilbert is the character your talking about, but I will wait and see.

Also nice to see Mandy from 24 in the series hope she get to be as sinister as her character in 24 :) Maybe that is who you are talking about Elena's birth mother. ????

Elmo wrote: »
    I am guessing John Gilbert is the character your talking about, but I will wait and see.

Also nice to see Mandy from 24 in the series hope she get to be as sinister as her character in 24 :) Maybe that is who you are talking about Elena's birth mother. ????

My lips are sealed. ;)

yeah, best not spoil anything....watch the first season, as for Caroline....she gets alot more interesting in season 2.

So far so good, though I delete episode 4 by mistake :(

Caroline's
    turn was very well done
    , not hoping from much from her over the next few episodes :( but well written and directed.

Nina Dobrev is doing really well as her doppelganger. Liking Damon much more now I think they have really written the character allot better and Stefan is a plonker.

Final episode of Series 1 was excellent. And the next 3 even got a bit scary.

Matt and Jeremy could be written out at this stage.

Oh! also I always Bing Vampire Dairies, don't know why I would used that search engine for Vampire Dairies only, but it seem like it's saying "Because It's Not Google!"

That was episode 4 tonight. Could have done with missing it TBH.
    Catherine <3 Stefan awh!
    . Otherwise a bit of a filler episode lacking Jeremy and Matt which is a surprise for a filler episode. Not as good as the first 3 episodes.
    Who did Mason kill?, What questions should Elena ask?, And who will Tyler kill?

Silver! they've broke every other folklore rule!

I dont like Caroline at all never warmed to even in Season 2 as a vampire and I dont see the point of Matt either since his sister is dead and mum is gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement