Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Just seen that Caroline will become a vamp!...haha!, she's one of those rather "why is she on the show?" type characters, but i guess they could have good fun with her now, but i suspect she'll be killed off after a few eps. and they'll "pull a Nicky" - least she's doing something now :-)

[edit] - we have RATINGS! http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/10/early-ratings-the-vampire-diaries-down-nikita-better-than-supernatural/62807

In the early metered market ratings (which don’t translate well to viewers and adults 18-49 that we should see in a bit) The Vampire Diaries scored a 2.5/4 household rating/share. That’s down double-digits from last year’s premiere that scored a 3.2/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Back with a bang...............EPIC!

So many twists and turns in just one episode.....you wouldn't see that usually in an entire season of some shows.

Looking like an excellent season ahead.....BAD BOY Damon is back!

Roll on next week. :)

WTF happened???????? --> http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/10/tv-ratings-thursday-nfl-kickoff-soars-vampire-diaries-falls-nikita-equals-supernatural/62737

8:00 CW The Vampire Diaries (premiere) 1.6 5 3.275

8:30 CW The Vampire Diaries (premiere) 1.6 5 3.424

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Oh My Giddy Aunt!!!! How amazing was that!! INSANE!!

Straight into the action, questions answered right away, Stefan mans up and was kind of hot while doing it. Poor Damon rejected by both of them with the same line :D I was genuinely shocked when he snapped Jeremys neck, I thought he was a gonner.

I loved Damon and Bonnie's interaction, they were hilarious, want more of that please. I'm guessing what John said to Jeremy about there only being one way to look at the vampires will ring a little more true now, hopefully that'll make him a little more interesting. And what the hell are they going to do with Matt?!? Now his girlfriend is a vampire too?!?

Longer promo for next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Wow, really impressed with season 2's start. Can't wait for the rest of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

The season opening was brilliant, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just loved the scene when Damon kills Jeremy. After being hurt by the two women he ever cared about, he decides to go back to being the bad a*ss Damon that feels no human emotions. Just like he explained to Jeremy in the last season - vampires can switch the human emotions off. However, I doubt he really does it, after all he angrily smashes the glass. I reckon he did what he did so that nobody ever approaches him about his feelings again.

I'm curious how the vampire brothers will progress later on. Katherine calls Damon a good boy and, as we know, he was the one who would die rather than become a vampire without Katherine. I think we might see Stefan and his brother change roles at some point of the story

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Fantastic opener!!

I am delighted it's back on! I loved when Stefan threatened John. I really hope they show even more of his dark side in season two.

There were so many twists in that episode, a brilliant start to the season. I was hoping to see Alaric so hopefully he'll starting appearing regularly again.

They're not hanging about this week!! Web clip for next weeks episode is up already.

^cheers!....i think we should mobilize the tween twitterverse and get them to post on this thread!, that would really irk the snobs who say TVD is rubbish :-)

[i'm j/k about the tweens, they'd annoy me too much]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Wow, what a fantastic opener! This is definitely one of The CW's finest shows, it just keeps getting better! Delighted I stuck with it after the first few dire episodes of Season 1...

I'm suprised at the relatively low ratings though, hopefully it will be up next week!

^cheers!....i think we should mobilize the tween twitterverse and get them to post on this thread!, that would really irk the snobs who say TVD is rubbish :-)

[i'm j/k about the tweens, they'd annoy me too much]

I know what you mean about the tweens. I've no problem with them enjoying the show, but it's very difficult to find anywhere to have a decent conversation about this show that doesn't devolve into "Elena should be with Damon because he's soooo hot"
    Oh really? What about the fact that he pretty much murdered her brother right in front of her?
    Yeah, but.... he's hot.... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I have no idea how they're going to salvage any kind of relationship between them after that? He did some pretty horrible stuff last season and she hated him, but making her watch her brother die, my god!!! that's just not forgivable is it? Realistically, they're going to have to write some pretty amazing stuff for it to be believable that she'd have anything to do with him after that.

Oh, and in other exciting news, episode 4 will be a flashback episode :)

^ Damon will probably save Elena's life in some dramatic fashion, they've kinda put the kiobosh on the whole Damon/Elena lovefest now, jeez...you'd think she'd cop on!

Ah hello love, vampires!...listen to your dad a stay away. Damon will probably do his snarky drunk routine for a few eps., he loves to brood :-)

^ Damon will probably save Elena's life in some dramatic fashion, they've kinda put the kiobosh on the whole Damon/Elena lovefest now, jeez...you'd think she'd cop on!

Ah hello love, vampires!...listen to your dad a stay away. Damon will probably do his snarky drunk routine for a few eps., he loves to brood :-)

Still, I don't know. Even if he saw the ring on Jeremy's hand, Elena didn't know it was there. As far as she was concerned he made her watch her brother die. I could see her slowly slowly growing closer to him again, probably out of pity if he carries on the way he's headed, but I'm starting to think it was their intention to kill the triangle, or at least the Elena part of it, for now.
    I mean, I never thought at all last season that she was any way romantically interested in Damon, but I could see it heading in that direction very very slowly, but now, they've just put that process back about 10 years :p

I suppose it's a good thing. Triangles are only interesting for a while, and if they're not done right they get very boring, plus usually there's one couple that has way more support than the other, so the writers are pressured into that because nobody wants to see the other couple.
    This way it's so confusing, because I still love the character of Damon, and I like him struggling with feelings and emotions, but it's more fun to watch when there's pretty much zero chance of them being returned.

I'm rambling...

^ i disagree, the chemistry between Damon and Elena is undeniable....i think if they continued the love triangle circumstances might have pushed them together, BUT...she'd soon realise it's not her he loves but the Katherine in her, the memory of Katheriene is very powerful to Damon.

I think they've nixed the triangle as well for future plotpoint reasons, but if you took a poll i bet Team Damon would win. I just realised!....Vicky's body was found last season, damn!....i really liked Kayla Ewell :-(

^ i disagree, the chemistry between Damon and Elena is undeniable....i think if they continued to love triangle circumstances might have pushed them together, BUT...she'd soon realise it's not her he loves but the Katherine in her, the memory of Katheriene is very powerful to Damon.

I think they've nixed the triangle as well for future plotpoint reasons, but if you took a poll i bet Team Damon would win. I just realised!....Vicky's body was found last season, damn!....i really liked Kayla Ewell :-(

No I agree, Damon and Elena have way more chemistry than Stefan and Elena, but that's the problem. I'm pretty sure the majority of people want/wanted Damon/Elena, and had they kept going like last season, with him getting nicer and nicer, I'm sure Elena's feelings would've developed pretty fast too. But that's the problem. When there's a couple that everybody wants, they get to a point in the triangle that it just has to stop being a triangle. It gets annoying when they keep finding silly ways to keep the couple we want apart, and it's annoying when they keep trying to force the other couple on us.
    Look at Dawsons Creek, they kept trying to push the triangle of Dawson/Joey/Pacey, except nobody but the writers gave a flying F about Dawson. Everyone wanted J/P.
    It's very difficult to do a good love triangle where you actually care about all 3 people involved, where you can't really say you have a preference, or maybe you do have a preference but you can see the merits of the other couple too.
    I think by making Elena hate Damon again, it kind of resets the triangle in a very interesting way. It keeps it fresh but the dynamics of it have changed and it's much more fun to watch than they typical triangle you see on most shows.
    Even after everything he's done I still find myself on the side of Damon/Elena, I just don't know how they're going to get them back to that place, and I'm sure it won't be happening anytime soon. But that makes it all the more interesting to watch. :D

• Advertisement

Well then, bad Damon and vampy vixen Caroline might be the new power couple!....you'd have great fun with them two, debauchery, violence, "snack" time....wonder if we'll see warewolves this season?

Well then, bad Damon and vampy vixen Caroline might be the new power couple!....you'd have great fun with them two, debauchery, violence, "snack" time....wonder if we'll see warewolves this season?

Ha!! I bet Sheriff!Mom would be delighted with Caroline dating the lovely dependable Damon :D Oh the fun they could have.

I don't know about romance, but I'd love to see Damon being the one to teach Caroline the ways of the vampy world, but of course only teaching her the things he wants her to know :D I'm sure him being nice to her could go some small way to restoring Elenas trust in him. Maybe :)

I take it you don't do spoilers if you're asking about Warewolves? Do you actually want to know?

^ i forgot Caroline's mom is the sherrif!...if she finds out Damon gave her his blood!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, this could get interesting now, ooh the drama!!!! haha!

^ i forgot Caroline's mom is the sherrif!...if she finds out Damon gave her his blood!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, this could get interesting now, ooh the drama!!!! haha!

I know!! I always wondered what the point of having Damon and the Sheriff being such besties, apart from him having an in with the council. I guess this is where they were going with it.
    If he hadn't of given her the blood she probably would've died, so technically he saved her "life", so really Sheriff!Mom should be thanking him ;)
    I don't like Sheriff!Mom, so I'm kind of hoping Caroline eats her :D

What I wanna know is what is the story going to be with Tyler Lockwood and his uncle......they are Wolves....but how come he hasn't turned or know that he is one yet??

His uncle was in Trauma.....loved that show.....can't think of his name.....I think they will be more active in this season also.

What you think? :)

• Advertisement

What i wanna know is.........am i the only guy posting on this thread? :o

I know!! I always wondered what the point of having Damon and the Sheriff being such besties, apart from him having an in with the council. I guess this is where they were going with it.
    If he hadn't of given her the blood she probably would've died, so technically he saved her "life", so really Sheriff!Mom should be thanking him ;)
    I don't like Sheriff!Mom, so I'm kind of hoping Caroline eats her :D

TBh...i don't think Plec and Williamson plan that far ahead, they probably map out a few eps. at a time but have overall arcs they wanna cover.
    Hmmm, dead or the undead? :pac: ...such a though choice! ;)

Dunno if you know, but Julie Plec was a head guru behind Kyle XY, and Marquritte MacEntire was Kyle's mom....she was great!, so i like her loads.

Dilynnio wrote: »
    What I wanna know is what is the story going to be with Tyler Lockwood and his uncle......they are Wolves....but how come he hasn't turned or know that he is one yet??

His uncle was in Trauma.....loved that show.....can't think of his name.....I think they will be more active in this season also.

Yeah we used to wrap about Trauma together :D, Taylor Kinney looks ALOT older in TVD though!, but i guess they had to do that to make being an uncle beliveable.
    I'm guessing uncle Lockwood has his own secrets and there for a reason!, maybe he's gonna form a wolfpack to battle the vamps?

Yeah we used to wrap about Trauma together :D, Taylor Kinney looks ALOT older in TVD though!, but i guess they had to do that to make being an uncle beliveable.
    I'm guessing uncle Lockwood has his own secrets and there for a reason!, maybe he's gonna form a wolfpack to battle the vamps?

Thats right we did......he does look a lot older!

I must google the history of vampires and wolves and why they don't get on!

In every Vamp show/movie etc......they are against each other......I wonder why?

Maybe he is.......the leader of a pack...I hope Isobel comes back into it also.....there is no way Stephan and Damon could take on the power of Catherine and Isobel! :)

Elena's brother will probably step up to the Gilbert plate and start killing Vampires.....

Where did the teacher go last season?? Sorry but I am useless with names!

What i wanna know is.........am i the only guy posting on this thread? :o

No not at all......I am behind 2 weeks on all my TV shows.....trying to catch up now and start some of the new ones!!!!!:D

I think the warewolf lore in TVD is different from other shows. I think it's some sort of curse, and currently I'm thinking Tyler never changed because his dad was alive, like him dying activates it fully in Tyler, if that makes sense.
    I think they're also going to tie that story into the other ones, as far as I know Damon/Stefan don't know warewolves exist, but Katherine does.

No not at all......I am behind 2 weeks on all my TV shows.....trying to catch up now and start some of the new ones!!!!!:D

Oh jesus!....i didn't try hitting on you, did i? :o

Oh jesus!....i didn't try hitting on you, did i? :o

No not yet...........why should I be afraid?!:eek:

TBh...i don't think Plec and Williamson plan that far ahead, they probably map out a few eps. at a time but have overall arcs they wanna cover.
    Hmmm, dead or the undead? :pac: ...such a though choice! ;)

Dunno if you know, but Julie Plec was a head guru behind Kyle XY, and Marquritte MacEntire was Kyle's mom....she was great!, so i like her loads.

I'm not sure how they plan things, I'm sure they know the overall arc for each season, but they way all the things fall into place kind if makes me think that they do know where they're going a good bit in advance. I know they said they were always going to kill Anna off, even before they cast her and everyone loved her, but they had that planned for ages, and I'd assume it was to push Jeremy over the edge.

I did know her from Kyle XY, and I didn't like her in that too, so I think I carried it over :D I always felt like she was perving on Kyle, she kind of creeped me out :D

Kevin Williamson was behind Dawsons Creek, or was for the first few seasons, then he left and it got seroiously crap.

I hate it when the original show runners leave a show, or go off to do something else. I hope Plec and Williamson stick with this one until the end.

I think the warewolf lore in TVD is different from other shows. I think it's some sort of curse, and currently I'm thinking Tyler never changed because his dad was alive, like him dying activates it fully in Tyler, if that makes sense.
    I think they're also going to tie that story into the other ones, as far as I know Damon/Stefan don't know warewolves exist, but Katherine does.

Hey Elmo,

Yeah that makes a lot more sense....and more original than the road Wolves usually go......it will keep it interesting.....

Damon knows there is something off with them......it will be interesting to see how he figures it out....

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

Thats right we did......he does look a lot older!

I must google the history of vampires and wolves and why they don't get on!

In every Vamp show/movie etc......they are against each other......I wonder why?

Maybe he is.......the leader of a pack...I hope Isobel comes back into it also.....there is no way Stephan and Damon could take on the power of Catherine and Isobel! :)

Elena's brother will probably step up to the Gilbert plate and start killing Vampires.....

Where did the teacher go last season?? Sorry but I am useless with names!

Alaric will be back, he and Damon start digging into Isobels research a bit later, i'm not really up on vampire lore....i might have to watch Twilight :D

No not yet...........why should I be afraid?!:eek:

I thought you were a girl see! :o [backs out of thread slowly]

I don't think Isobel would be that big a threat to them. I mean she's relatively new in the job, compared to Damon and Stefan. She's only been a vamp a few years. I suppose her lack of caring who she kills could be a problem, but one on one even Stefan on Bambi blood should be able to take her on.

Alaric will be back, he and Damon start digging into Isobels research a bit later, i'm not really up on vampire lore....i might have to watch Twilight :D

Twilight is actually very good...Richard I order you to watch them!!!!...and thats coming from a twenty something year old!!!!

In any other Vamp show I have seen...the Gates/True Blood/Moonlight............vamps and wolves hate each other!

Glad Alaric will be back..............

Hey Elmo,

Yeah that makes a lot more sense....and more original than the road Wolves usually go......it will keep it interesting.....

Damon knows there is something off with them......it will be interesting to see how he figures it out....

Thanks for that

No problemo. I read a lot of spoilers for this show, so if anyone doesn't want to know things just say the word and I'll stop. Although in fairness this show is really great at not giving things away.
    I read every possible spoiler for the first episode and my jaw still hit the floor about 10 times :D

Twilight looks like absolute tosh to me, but I suppose each to their own and all that, but as far as I know it's got vamp rules all of it's own, I mean they sparkle in the sun for crying out loud!! :D

Twilight is actually very good...Richard I order you to watch them!!!!...and thats coming from a twenty something year old!!!!

In any other Vamp show I have seen...the Gates/True Blood/Moonlight............vamps and wolves hate each other!

Glad Alaric will be back..............

:eek: i'd rather be waterboarded and have a cactus shoved up my ass!

No problemo. I read a lot of spoilers for this show, so if anyone doesn't want to know things just say the word and I'll stop. Although in fairness this show is really great at not giving things away.
    I read every possible spoiler for the first episode and my jaw still hit the floor about 10 times :D

I do try not to read them but they are hard to resist.....although I like guessing about what may happen and then hate when I am wrong so I kinda half cover my eyes when reading a spoiler and if I don't like what I am reading I will close it quickly!

I think I am losing my brain with all this TV viewing! :rolleyes:

Twilight looks like absolute tosh to me, but I suppose each to their own and all that, but as far as I know it's got vamp rules all of it's own, I mean they sparkle in the sun for crying out loud!! :D

That Kristen one needs a few hours on a sunbed!...she is the walking dead! :D

• Advertisement

:eek: i'd rather be waterboarded and have a cactus shoved up my ass!

This from a person who watches MIOBI/PLL and TVD???Tween central viewing.......

You are so funny! ;)

Hey, i'm ok with embracing my inner tween, but i still have standards!
    Haha!...i think the other forums members have left the room! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Finally got to watch this. Have been dying to see it since it aired but life/work got in the way, lol.

Great opening season episode. I agree, Richard, I liked how they reused the last scene of season 1 one and brought it into this season.

I have to say that I disagree that Damon's feelings for Elena are linked to his past love for Katherine. I think he sees Elena as a much "better" Katherine and has fallen for Elena way more than he did for Katherine. Hence why he wanted to hurt her so much more.

I loved seeing the bad side of Stefan and I also hope they expand on that more. I think that Damon will "brood" for a while but by the end of this season will be back to where him and Elena left off towards the end of last season.

Yes Elena would be crazy to get close to someone who tried to kill her brother but I honestly think the writers will show a flashback scene where Damon did see the ring and was teaching Jeremy a lesson but also wanting to hurt Elena.

Agree with the Bonnie/Damon chemistry, definitely more of those scenes!!

Richard isn't it great to see others posting about TVD and not just you and I!!?

Surprised they didn't have this song on it. It was played during the scene with Taylor and Jeremy when Taylor's uncle came in. Love it. It's been played a lot of the radio here. By a Band called Hurts (from Manchester). They played at EP recently:

shinny wrote: »
    Richard isn't it great to see others posting about TVD and not just you and I!!?

Indeed ;), to think....with just pretty much us two the S1 thread racked up nearly 8,000 views! :eek: - :D

I have to say that I disagree that Damon's feelings for Elena are linked to his past love for Katherine. I think he sees Elena as a much "better" Katherine and has fallen for Elena way more than he did for Katherine. Hence why he wanted to hurt her so much more.

I loved seeing the bad side of Stefan and I also hope they expand on that more. I think that Damon will "brood" for a while but by the end of this season will be back to where him and Elena left off towards the end of last season.

Yes Elena would be crazy to get close to someone who tried to kill her brother but I honestly think the writers will show a flashback scene where Damon did see the ring and was teaching Jeremy a lesson but also wanting to hurt Elena.

I think that maybe Elena is what Damon thought Katherine was. That is to say he saw all of these things in Katherine beyond her evil vampy ways, kind of the way Elena can see things in Damon even when he denies that he feels or has any humanity etc. The difference being that Damon has allowed Elena to bring those feelings out in him, whereas Katherine shut them off completely and just screwed the two lads over and ran off :D
    I kind of got the idea that that's what she was doing when she told Damon she never loved him. That's not to say that she actually has those feelings for Damon, but she doesn't want anyone to have those feelings for her. Like Elena said at the end, it's easier to be hated than to feel.

Also of note was when Katherine said to Stefan, "you hate me huh, that sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end". If you look at what Elena said at the end about hating Damon ..... possibly a little ray of hope there:D

Like I said before thought, regardless of wether Damon saw the ring or not, Elena didn't see it, she thought he'd killed her brother, so what he did to her was beyond terrible. But..... I'm thinking Jeremy won't be that bothered by it, like it'll make him realise he doesn't actually want to be dead. So in a way Damon did them a favour :D

• Advertisement

Surprised they didn't have this song on it. It was played during the scene with Taylor and Jeremy when Taylor's uncle came in. Love it. It's been played a lot of the radio here. By a Band called Hurts (from Manchester). They played at EP recently:

It's mostly season 1 songs on the soundtrack and a few new ones from season 2. I have to say I'm not that impressed with the tracklisting, given how many really good songs were in the first season.
    I heard Gemma Hayes in the episode the other night, I was quite excited by that:)
    I loved the song that played over Tyler having his freak out, and then into the start of the Damon/Katherine scene. It's by Mads Langer but it's not available anywhere yet, can't even listen to it online :mad:

I think that maybe Elena is what Damon thought Katherine was

Yes, I think you are probably right and then when he met Elena he realised Katherine's flaws. I think it's going to come down to Damon saving Elena from Katherine.
    Also of note was when Katherine said to Stefan, "you hate me huh, that sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end". If you look at what Elena said at the end about hating Damon ..... possibly a little ray of hope there:D

Totally agree here. I think this makes sense.

How did Stefan know it was Katherine right away...and not Damon?
    Are there any still unexplained questions from season 1?

How did Stefan know it was Katherine right away...and not Damon?
    Are there any still unexplained questions from season 1?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but in the scene where he attacks her, just before he does it kind of looks like he looks down and sees her necklace? The one that allows her to walk in daylight. This could be how he knows. Although, in the very next shot when she's getting up from behind the couch, it's tucked inside her top, but it's out when she comes into the house, so that's my theory and I'm sticking with it :)
    I don't know how Damon didn't know. My guess is he wasn't really paying attention, he wanted it to be Elena so it never crossed his mind that it wasn't. I think that's whats so great about the whole "How could you think it was me, I'd never have kissed you back" thing, and how they dealt with that in the new episode. It should've been obvious it wasn't Elena, but Damon had read so much into their relationship and he really wanted it to be Elena, that he just assumed that it was.

As for unanswered questions, lets see, things I want to know are...

1 - What was Katherine up to back in 1864? Why did she run off and leave them after going to all the trouble of compelling Stefan to drink her blood. Also, what's she been up to since.

2 - Why does Elena look exactly like Katherine? Is it just a genetic fluke? What is the exact bloodline between Katherine, Isobel and Elena?

3 - Why did Stefan give up the human blood in the first place? I don't think eating his da was the one and only time that he had a little of the human stuff. What was it that made him stop?

4 - Pearl and Anna, I know they're dead and gone now, but I'm still curious about the fact that they were mother and daughter. How were the turned? Did someone turn them both? Or did one turn the other?

I think that's about it really. I'm not sure any of these will be addressed, but they're things I'm curious about.

Oh I thought of another thing. I'm not sure exactly which episodes it was mentioned in, but it was implied that Damon promised Emily Bennett that he'd protect her "lineage" in exchange for her casting the spell to protect Katherine. Stefan said something about "that's why you saved her family" and Damon mentioned that it was the only reason he hadn't killed Bonnie at that point. I wonder if this will be addressed again? Especially now that Bonnie's gone all V For Vendetta on Damon. Would be funny if the only reason she's alive at all is because of him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement