Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not much value at all this weekend, too many odds on favourites and the likes so going to do a bit of a mad bet just for interest while I'm in Monaghan.

Limerick, Waterford, UCD, Derry, Over 1.5 Dundalk/Bohs, Over 1.5 Bray/Sligo @ 6.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7.5pts

Bank 83pts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Nice one Gavin.

Nice one Gavin.

Your welcome man, good to see I wasn't the only one on it.

Bank 90.5pts

Bohs -1, Cork -2, Monaghan -1, Mervue @ 8/1 - 2.5pts
    Returns 23pts

Bank 88pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I cant believe you of all people didn't bet on Shels :eek:
    I'm glad they won, I had a treble on with them, Bohs -1 but the last part is a GAA bet Kildare -2.

Derek! wrote: »
    I cant believe you of all people didn't bet on Shels :eek:
    I'm glad they won, I had a treble on with them, Bohs -1 but the last part is a GAA bet Kildare -2.

I rarely back Shels, I can't handle them losing and a bet losing too. I was tempted to do to us when we went down 1-0, we were playing well just not taking our chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I rarely back Shels, I can't handle them losing and a bet losing too. I was tempted to do to us when we went down 1-0, we were playing well just not taking our chances.
    How high did the odds go?

Derek! wrote: »
    How high did the odds go?

Never checked, say you could have got 3 or 4/1.

Bray Wanderers -v- Derry City
    Derry are on a good run of form at the moment whereas Bray have just got back to winning ways after a win against UCD after 4 defeats in a row. Derry haven't lost in 8 or lost in 4 away from home and I can see them keeping that record going come Friday. Derry to win.

Drogheda United -v- Shamrock Rovers
    Drogs have only won once at home this season, while Shamrock Rovers away form is far from impressive for the current Champions. Although Rovers have put 7 goals past this season in two matches without reply I can feel a tighter game on Friday. Rovers on the back of a win over Estonian side Flora will be thinking about the second leg of this Champions League battle. Over 2.5 goals here imo, Drogs could cause an upset here imo.

Dundalk -v- U.C.D.
    Dundalk home form this season hasn't been great, losing 3 times, drawing 4 and winning 4, but when you compare it against UCDs' form of 7 losses away from home, 2 wins and 2 draws you'd have to see Dundalk winning this. Dundalk to win, -1 for some value.

Galway United -v- Sligo Rovers
    18 games since a win, Galway haven't won at home and have only managed 1 draw. Table topping Sligo haven't lost in 7 games, while managing 15 clean sheets all season. Sligo will win this, Sligo should win this with a clean sheet and by at least a -1 handicap.

Waterford United -v- Wexford Youths
    A mini-revival by Waterford was stopped by Shels on Friday night, when a flattering scoreline of a 2-1 loss for Waterford ended there 3 game win run. Although Waterford should get back on track come Friday, they should have enough for a Wexford side who have only won twice away from home this season, but are on a 8 game losing streak atm. Waterford to win, -1 for some value.

Monaghan United -v- Mervue United
    Monaghan will want to keep their pressure on top spot and will be aiming for a win here against a Mervue side who look a completely different side when they play away from home. Monaghan to win.

Salthill Devon -v- Longford Town
    Longford haven't won away from home in 5 matches, while Salthill have yet to win at home this season. Longford should have enough for Salthill, although I would avoid this match.

Athlone Town -v- Limerick
    Limericks new signings of Denis Behan, Joe Gamble and Shaun Maher should all be starting on Saturday night against Athlone which will significantly booster this Limerick side who have won their last two games. Limerick haven't lost in 6 away matches and I can't see that changing on Saturday, Limerick to win.

Finn Harps -v- Shelbourne
    Shels travel to Ballybofey on the back of their 2-1 comeback against Waterford on Friday where they out played the Munster side. Shels will be looking to continue they're 100% away record this season with 8 wins from 8. A big point in this match is that Finn Harps top goalscorer this season with 9 goals is suspended, with Kevin McHugh being Harps star player this season and them being without him I can see Shels winning this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

drogs --rovers draw
    us (-2) over UCD
    Derry , Limerick, Shel's to win

careca11 wrote: »
    us (-2) over UCD

That seems a bit ropey, Mark Quigley and Jayo are out along with a couple of others, I'd be leaning towards -1 on this tbh.

Monaghan, Waterford, Sligo, Derry, Dundalk @ 2.7/1 - 3pts
    Returns 10.29pts

Waterford -1, Sligo -1, Dundalk -1 @ 3.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9pts

Waterford -1, Sligo -1, Dundalk -1, Shamrock Rovers, Derry - 8/1 - 1pt
    Returns 9pts

Bank 82pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Monaghan, Waterford, Sligo, Derry, Dundalk @ 2.7/1 - 3pts
    Returns 10.29pts

Waterford -1, Sligo -1, Dundalk -1 @ 3.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9pts

Waterford -1, Sligo -1, Dundalk -1, Shamrock Rovers, Derry - 8/1 - 1pt
    Returns 9pts

Bank 82pts
    Took you up on that 3rd one Gav, here's hoping.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Took you up on that 3rd one Gav, here's hoping.

Waterford c8nts! Monaghan losing to Mervue and Waterford losing to Wexford screw up the 3 bets. Strange results tbh.

Eamon Zayed and Eoin Doyle anytime scorer double @ 3.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9.2pts

Shels -2, Drogs -1, Derry -1 @ 7.9/1 - 1.5pts
    Returns 13.35pts

Drogs, Derry, Shels -2, Mervue DRAW, Wexford DRAW @ 41.3/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 20.65pts

Bank 78pts

LoI back tomorrow after a weeks break for the Super Dooper Cup! Extratime previews ain't up yet, so not sure on injuries, etc... yet, will be firing up a couple of bets before I head off to get the bus to Cork tomorrow.

Derry HT/FT, Monaghan HT/FT, Bray, Bohs And Draw, Under 2.5 Goals Cork -v- Shels @ 10/1 - 2pts
    Returns 22pts

Derry -2, Mons -2, Shels @ 14/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 7.5pts

Bohs -v- Shams and Bray -v- Drogs Both DRAWS @ 10/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 5.5pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any reason why Mons are so fancied Gav?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Any reason why Mons are so fancied Gav?

Well with us playing cork it's a prime time for then to take advantage. Athlone aren't great at all, and Mons wil want to get back to winning ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

It would be interesting to see your profit if you bet 1 unit singles.

accumulators is a mugs bet.

It would be interesting to see your profit if you bet 1 unit singles.

accumulators is a mugs bet.

Probably wouldn't be that much, Derry HT/FT was 2/9 iirc. Hardly huge odds to place a 1 point single on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

im not saying to actually bet 1point on each bet.

its just a measure to see if your bets are profitable overall.

LSP = Level Stakes Profit.

If your ROI is higher as LSP then continue to bet the selections you would but structure the bets in a different way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Lol meant to post that in Football tips thread!

What do ye reckon about UCD Gavin?

im not saying to actually bet 1point on each bet.

its just a measure to see if your bets are profitable overall.

LSP = Level Stakes Profit.

If your ROI is higher as LSP then continue to bet the selections you would but structure the bets in a different way.

Going to mix things up about from next week. :D
    Yardie wrote: »
    Lol meant to post that in Football tips thread!

What do ye reckon about UCD Gavin?

Only seen this now, but I would have been going for Pats -1.

EDIT: Just seen Pats are already 1 up.:eek:

Draw in Dundalk -v- Sligo at 11/5 looks decent.

Draw in Dundalk -v- Sligo at 11/5 looks decent.

Typical, I don't back it and it comes in!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

any thoughts on shels for next weekend:

The way I look at it ....it goes one of two ways ...shels go all out to hammer next time to dispell any rumours of arguements in the squad or any discontent after last weekends defeat - cue Shels winning by 3-0 or 4-0.

or

Shels with confidence lost after loosing so badly to Cork - get caught and loose points with a draw 1-1....its a tough away game (Longford), cant see Shels loosing two in a row but can see them dropping points (if they dont perform)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    any thoughts on shels for next weekend:

The way I look at it ....it goes one of two ways ...shels go all out to hammer next time to dispell any rumours of arguements in the squad or any discontent after last weekends defeat - cue Shels winning by 3-0 or 4-0.

or

Shels with confidence lost after loosing so badly to Cork - get caught and loose points with a draw 1-1....its a tough away game (Longford), cant see Shels loosing two in a row but can see them dropping points (if they dont perform)

I can see a backlash from the Shels players, I'd say Mathews lectured them after their pish poor performance on Friday. One thing I can see Mathews mentioning our taking of chances. I'd say they'll be looking through the match highlights one of the nights this week and single out where we went wrong.

Longfords top man, Don Cowen was meant to be signing for Millwall after he impressed in Longfords friendly against them, he was over training with them but nothing seems to have come out if he's signed. If he is gone/still training with them I can't see where Longfords goals will come from.

I can see a spirited Shels performance, something similar to when we played down there 1st game of the season where we went 1 down to come back and win 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gavinsfc

My Gavin "shels" account is screwed and isn't letting me log in, even when I try to used the reset password. And boards aren't very quick at replying to emails, waiting 4 days for a flipping reply!:mad:

Anyway, have a couple of tasty bets lined up, I'll wait to throw them up tomorrow when I get a proper chance to have a look at injuries and what nots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Gavinsfc

Cork HT/FT, Shams HT/FT, Bray HT/FT, Derry HT/FT, Waterford @ 14/1 - 1pt
    Returns 15pts

Shams HT/FT, Bray HT/FT, Cork -1, Waterford @ 4/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10pts

Both Teams to Score
    Cork -v- Wexford - NO
    Drogheda -v- Dundalk - YES
    Derry -v- Pats - YES
    @ 5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6pts