Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A request

Options
  • 23-06-2010 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone =]

So someone asked me to do something the other day...Something I'm not good at....

They asked me to remove the background for this image http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn42/fiddy187/DSC02168.jpg

Can anyone help me out with it? i can remove the background from a image to save my life =[

Cheers lads/ladies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Here you go! Sorry if it's a bit rough around the edges. I have no idea what I've been looking at for the past five minutes, but hopefully I've accomplished what you were looking for. :p

boxwirethingy.png

...using the lasso tool is surprisingly pleasant when you absolutely cannot get to sleep. >_>

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That's a pretty distinct background and shouldn't be difficult to remove.

What software are you using?
    In photoshop duplicate the layer and apply a threshold adjustment. Move the slider as required to separate the background.

You may need to go in and paint in a few spots with a brush to clean up.
    Once that's done ctrl+click the layer to make the thresholded layer a selection.
    Or use the magic wand to select all the white bits. Invert selection if needed.

Refine the edge to smoothen it up.

You could go mad and use the pen tool to make a crisp vector mask also.

Advertisement