Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Australia v Serbia - Wed 23rd 19:30

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

First USA, now Serbia, having to suffer for multiple bad refeering decisions.

At least for the USA, they got through!

Simply unacceptable at the biggest stage in football!

Sure Australia were done questionably twice in their first two games.

These things even themselves out as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Tim Cahill is some kind of god. I love the guy. Such a warrior.

He plays in second leg I reckon they'd beat Ghana.

Fantastic performance out of the Aussie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sure Australia were done questionably twice in their first two games.

These things even themselves out as they say.

Probably with Cahill alright (good goal tonight), but Germany were in control of that match. This one was more even, and these things often make the difference between teams going through or otherwise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

hard luck Australia

really annoying seeing the Serbian player grab the ball out of the net and run back with it to the centre circle when they scored.

if they were winning he wouldn't have done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

really annoying seeing the Serbian player grab the ball out of the net and run back with it to the centre circle when they scored.

Well done Captain Obvious. What a príck, wanting his team to qualify. Shameful behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭CSF

hard luck Australia

OH MY LORD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭CSF

First USA, now Serbia, having to suffer for multiple bad refeering decisions.

At least for the USA, they got through!

Simply unacceptable at the biggest stage in football!
    To be fair, they should have had Vidic off the other day, if he had been they wouldn't have gotten this far imo. Evened out in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

CSF wrote: »
    To be fair, they should have had Vidic off the other day, if he had been they wouldn't have gotten this far imo. Evened out in that case.

True, but have you to ask, how did many of these referees and linesmen get to this level?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

True, but have you to ask, how did many of these referees and linesmen get to this level?

Some of the refs are coming from very low standard leagues, one ref from the Seychelles (sp?) comes to mind - and then to expect them to referee at WC level is a step too far imo

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well done Captain Obvious. What a príck, wanting his team to qualify. Shameful behaviour.

DOUBLE STANDARDS AND BAD SPORTSMANSHIP. Either do it everytime you score or not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There was no intent on that handball from Cahill. Of course Serbia are going to kick up a fuss but the ref got this one spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

DOUBLE STANDARDS AND BAD SPORTSMANSHIP. Either do it everytime you score or not at all.

Was this your first football match?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Was this your first football match?

No.

I'm instructed to tell you to get 100,000 in bearer bonds to be lodged in our Geneva office before noon tomorrow. Otherwise I will be killed.

I'm sorry to cause you so much -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah I hate players who try to win for their team too :rolleyes:

namloc80

it's annoying that only teams who are losing (usually by two, then pull back a goal) do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

namloc80

it's annoying that only teams who are losing (usually by two, then pull back a goal) do it.

How is it annoying?? Time was running out....the sooner the ball got back to centre circle the sooner the game could restart and Serbia could try and get another goal....comprendé?

I am assuming you have never played/watched football before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How is it annoying?? Time was running out....the sooner the ball got back to centre circle the sooner the game could restart and Serbia could try and get another goal....comprendé?

Completely right! - I'd think it weird a team or a player losing my a goal wouldn't do it, to try and get the game restarted as soon as possible, so they would have a chance of equalizing!

Advertisement