Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soggy banana cake

Options
  • 23-06-2010 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I made a banana cake yesterday and have just noticed that the centre is gooey. While the rest of it is cooked fine the centre is not. Can I pop it back into the oven today? I have wrapped in in foil so it wont burn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

No you can't pop it back in today, the raising agent can't be reactivated, all you would succeed in doing is drying it out. Just cut it out or ignore it and eat the rest is your best option, and just leave it longer next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I know this is going to sound henous, but pop it in the microwave for about 2 mins on high, slice it and see. As spadina said it won't rise more, but it will dry out/cook the center and even it out a bit. You can do it to a single slice first to test it.

Trust me, it works to cook the centre. It won't be perfect, but it saves chucking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What you can do is put a glass in the middle of the tin next time this will allow the centre to cook while not overcooking the edges.
    Or buy one of the ring shaped baking pans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is it like a cake or in a loaf tin?

Some things that might help next time are turning the oven down 10 degrees and cooking for a bit longer. Adding less egg or banana I tend to use 2 bananas rather than the 4 because I find it gets too soggy with 4 all depends on how bananany you want it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

all depends on how bananany you want it though.

Love it! Bananany! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement