Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are eye piercings on guys hot?

• 23-06-2010 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

So 'yay' or 'nay'.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

No. I like guys with piercings but an eyebrow piercing just makes me think "skanger".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Each to their own is usually the outcome of these threads OP, every woman is different. You won't get a definitive answer.

Nay for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Curl52

big time nay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Nay! IMO it's a bit scummy.. That's just me though, my friend loves them so +1 to Twee's comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I have to say that it totally depends on the guy in question. It can look very sexy on one fella, look like a skanger on another and look totally ridiculous on another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

They are by far my most loathed piercing, they look seriously boy racery/skangery. I love tongue piercings on men, very useful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

nay nay nay.

i loathe piercings on guys anyway, looks skangery but eyebrow piercing is the most skangery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yup, it's a nay from me too. But as Twee said, what doesn't do it for one, does it for another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Nope,

Unless your going to do the two of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Girlfriend loves them on guys, I think they're either knackery or faggy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Big nay here. Not because I think they're scangery, I just dislike facial piercings generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Nay here too. I dislike them as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Also nay. Not a fan of guys with piercings anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jaysus I'd say getting your eye pierced is sore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus some serious generalisations in this thread, i have my eyebrow pierced and am not a skanger/boy racer/any other put down mentioned in this thread.
    This is mine, i doubt any of the above stereotypes have it like this
    23544_1254347557169_1183973745_641851_4687700_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sorry but it's not hot, skanger or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Sometimes. I've seen too many skangers with them to give a Yay.Either way, if the barbell is too big it looks absurd! And if it's in anyway rejecting and you don't take it out, it looks awful!!!I have mine done so I like them anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

i think what you should take from this is if you want to do the piercing then make sure you are doing it because you want to not because you think the ladies may like it

which in general from this thread....they don't

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Melion wrote: »
    Jesus some serious generalisations in this thread, i have my eyebrow pierced and am not a skanger/boy racer/any other put down mentioned in this thread.
    This is mine, i doubt any of the above stereotypes have it like this
    23544_1254347557169_1183973745_641851_4687700_n.jpg

Ok so you're not a skanger and have a more unusual kind of eyebrow piercings, but the standard vertical type is very much a piercing that has been "claimed" by skangers and so I for one will always associate it with tracksuited fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I'm fairly pierced, and love seeing others with piercings but the eyebrow (male or female) is a piercing I absolutely hate. It just does not look good. And everyone I know who got it done had lots of problems in the healing process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Depends whether or not it duits the individual in question. Never thought much of them til I met my current boyfriend, his really suits him and just blends in well with his features. Everyone's different I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I don't like it on men at all, sorry juts my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Jaysus I'd say getting your eye pierced is sore!

Believe it or not it doesn't hurt at all. I had it done years ago and had awful problems with it. It never healed and was always weeping. Was glad to get rid of it.

Advertisement