Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uber Urgent ASP.NET authentication issue

Options
  • 23-06-2010 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Having a major issue here.

I have an asp.net application (IIS6 & asp.net 4.0).
    I'm using forms authentication. It's working perfectly on Firefox but not on IE.

<authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms path="/" loginUrl="Logon.aspx" timeout="2880" />

</authentication>
    <identity impersonate ="true"/>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

In firefox, when I put it the username and password it redirects to the correct page. In IE, it just logs in and redirects itself to the logon page !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

Not 100% on whats going on, but what I would check is that after you've logged on with IE and get redirected back to the logon page, try and manually browse to the page that you wanted to be redirected to. If you can view this page it means you have been issued with a logonticket cookie and that something in your routing is getting messed up. Also the value of the ReturnUrl querystring parameter should have the value of initial page you requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Cheers for the reply.

Very odd.
    I took this out

<authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

and it works on IE and Firefox,
    I put it back in,
    and it fails on IE but still works on Firefox.

BUG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

What security have you set at the IIS level for your site, I think it should only be anonymous authentication for forms authentication. Turn off the Integrated windows security if it is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

<identity impersonate="false"/>

Will that fix it? Been a while since I've done ASP.Net but I seem to remember that this impersonates the windows identity of the client, and that impersonation only works with IE. Hence FF works and IE doesn't (in theory).

Advertisement