Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondeo Owners - Whats the service intervals

• 23-06-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just bought a Mondeo 05, and am wondering what the service intervals should be?

Mine has 89,000KMs on it and has been recently serviced by the garage I bought it from (although I don't really trust them too well)...The next service is at 100,000kms.

Anything I should look out for at this mileage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

nellocono wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just bought a Mondeo 05, and am wondering what the service intervals should be?

Mine has 89,000KMs on it and has been recently serviced by the garage I bought it from (although I don't really trust them too well)...The next service is at 100,000kms.

Anything I should look out for at this mileage?

Thanks

Service intervals are every 20,000km for Petrol & Diesel for the Mondeo's.

Clutch and Fly Wheel are liable to fail between 100k and 160k on the diesel, but apart from that not much else goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Thanks R.O.R,

Sounds promising, one question, what is the difference between a minor service and a major service and what is the difference in cost usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

I have a 03 tdci Diesel injectors can go they went on mine at 120k, 500euro to replace 1 :eek:, handbrake can also get stuck is one of the known issues, along with the dual mass flywheel which can go anytime after 80k. Ford state the car should be serviced every 10k miles however i service it every 6k miles that is what haynes manual reccommends.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

20,000 km fine. Minor service don't include spark plugs; major services do. Ever third service is a major one.

Mine 95,000km nothing except front brake pads and discs and changes spark plugs and pollen filter at last service.

I was actually contemplating having a whack off servicing the car myself...only problem is I have very little experience with this kind of thing...

From looking at it, it seems pretty easy. I would be looking at changing oil, spark plugs, oil filter and air filter...
    Would I be mad to attempt this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I was actually contemplating having a whack off servicing the car myself...only problem is I have very little experience with this kind of thing...

From looking at it, it seems pretty easy. I would be looking at changing oil, spark plugs, oil filter and air filter...

So long as you are happy working under the car, have the appopriate safety equipment to ensure that the car doesnt come down on top of you and have a reasonable head for mechanics then its not hard. I got a mechanic friend to show me how to do it. The basics, changing the oil, filter, air filter, spark plugs etc is simple enough. I wouldnt attempt anything more like changing brake discs, but thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

I have a 05 1.8l petrol mondeo, and it is a very easy car to service, as long as you know what your doing! The haynes manual has some ahndy tips also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

OP, I've an 07 diesel and have it serviced every 15,000 kms

Thanks lads,

I'm going to get my hands on a Haynes manual and have a look under the bonnet...OH DEAR GOD haha...

Advertisement