Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hamill fought with a staph infection!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Edit, just realised that this was already mentioned on the TUF 11 thread but I still think it's shocking enough to warrant a new thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I though it was just the mark from where he had it while training. Sometimes staph can leave a nasty enough scar/mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Controversy seems to follow him around.

This can hardly be explained away by he is deaf lol this time. The guy was a high end amateur wrestler he should know staph and how dangerous it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

By the looks of the picture it was still bad at the weigh ins. Its more down to the fight doctor od have thought rather than Hamill himself. At the end of the day i think most fighters would take the payday if they felt healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Its very dangerous to Jardine, McGee and McCray all of them were in danger of catching this. I've nothing against Hamill because the doctor said it was alright but you wonder why the doctor let it slide. Maybe he had a bet on:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Hamill isn't the first guy to fight int he UFC with a staph infection sure he's not? Sanchez fought against Koshchek with one if I remember right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hamill isn't the first guy to fight int he UFC with a staph infection sure he's not? Sanchez fought against Koshchek with one if I remember right....

I thought he was clear of infection but just run down as hell from it. Same as Big Nog against Mir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Wow, great night for Jardine, get's cut from the roster and a staph infection to take home with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Completely disrespectful of Hamill to fight like that.

Advertisement