Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The Irish price included delivery, the Europe price does not. This brings the prices to €80 vs €92. Vat in the 4 European countries listed ranges from 16-20%, where as it's 21% here. That accounts for some of the difference.

Another question might be why is it the same price in Spain as it is in Portugal, when Spain has 4% lower VAT than Portugal?

The short answer is that it's priced at the highest price people will pay. The difference between the Irish and European price on this item is about 10%, but I can't see any reason for it other than it's what people will accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I'm on agreement on this one - Littlewoods Ireland are way overpriced as are Argos, Debenhams & Monsoon

Common denominator = They are UK operated stores with all pricing funtions done by a pencil pusher in some UK office block.

And Littlewoods then try & force you to take a credit account and then charge a whopping 39.9% interest. - This interest rate is almost hidden from view and the account is almost automatically created and used as the default payment method.

They are to be avoided at all costs - a real classic example of a rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

91011 wrote: »
    They are to be avoided at all costs - a real classic example of a rip-off.

100% agree. One should never use Littlewoods, especially on credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ive only ever ordered from them if its something i absolutely cannot get anywhere else, and its not hugely overpriced, unlike the dress in the links! :p
    Or if its on sale. And i ALWAYS pay the bill before the interest kicks in, always! ;)

I can count on one hand the number of times ive used Littlewoods, serious rip off.

Advertisement