Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the Leaving Cert a lot harder this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 onenightonly

Anywaaaaay...
    Last year's English paper, paper one now; we got a question on a dialogue. We hadn't studied that at all, and I don't remember seeing it in past papers.. Then again I may have missed it. I still did that question, but I think every year there is something different you're not expecting. Usually a teacher will have done enough to prepare you for any of these surprises. Luckily I'd had experience writing dialogue myself so I was fine.

But every year you find something you're not expecting. They always do that, to test just how much you really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Jack Leahy wrote: »
    The only 'fiasco' is you being lazy and bothering to listen to predictions.
    I disagree,our teacher had taught thought us oligoly so well and concentrated on it on the weeks before the leaving she told us that its a high chance the oilgoly is going to come so learn it off by heart and you got 75 marks in that q,but she was wrong the q was mixed!
    i was not listening to predictions she taught us this market structure more then the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I really think its down to the teacher in the end whether the exam surprises you or not (assuming you actually did the correct amount of study and work).

The German exam was easy this year but I would have been prepared for anything because my grind is soooo good (my actual teacher sucked)

Biology was an alright enough exam. My teacher sucked and I probably didn't put enough work into it but I was happy with the way it went.

OL Maths was a very straightforward paper (1+2). If you had done all the papers it was just like being at home and doing 2009 or 2008.

English was tough enough. I was lucky that I got Yeats but I had no other choice. Lit genre was very specific although many people disagreed. King Lear was alright but I prob should have put more work in here, Unseen poem was just like writing about This Moment. Paper 1 was hard in some places but I was prepared.

My DCG teacher sucked and I suck so a very easy paper was very hard for me.

Music, absolutely impossible to predict how you've done unless you've been getting high results all year. Really could not guess what I got. Wasn't a bad paper but I disliked the modern music in the aural skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i dont but my opinion is that u really cant say if it was harder then last yr but only the repeat students could as they have contrasted between this year and last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

This argument can be made every year because someone didn't get the poet they wanted or they didn't get the questions they wanted. The SEC / DOE will NEVER purposely make the LC harder. They will set it out as fair as they possibly can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

ayumi wrote: »
    I disagree,our teacher had taught thought us oligoly so well and concentrated on it on the weeks before the leaving she told us that its a high chance the oilgoly is going to come so learn it off by heart and you got 75 marks in that q,but she was wrong the q was mixed!
    i was not listening to predictions she taught us this market structure more then the others
    In fairness for Economics, if you had any notion of any of the course other than the market structures you were grand. I was banking on Oligopoly but because the paper was so easy, I didn't need market structures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I think they wanted to shake the papers up this year so they could separate the people who studied and the people who were just relying on predictions. I think it's fair enough, there were far too many people cutting corners (myself included) but I don't think it was all down to idleness. There are some subjects which the amount of information you're expected to know off by heart is simply too much, especially if you're better at thinking on your feet rather than regurgitating 50 essay questions or so. Also I think in some subjects they didn't shake things up but simply rearranged and worded questions confusing candidates and complicating things which should be pretty straightforward.

The OL maths, for example, I liked the paper one, quite a lot of stuff I could do came up but it was an odd paper. Some questions were moved around and there didn't seem to be a pattern. It didn't bother me much but it did throw a lot of people off, especially if they were relying on a certain question to be in a certain place.

And putting a pie chart in in home ec was just unfair in my opinion. Yes, they've been asked before but only in the first two years of the paper, generally the first year or so in any subject is a bit different but once they settle into a general rhythm and format the slightly different paper is discarded; it wasn't right to bring up something that no-one (not even teachers) expected to see again.

Overall I think it was an okay year, a few too many surprises for my liking and I think the papers weren't formatted to suit a wide spectrum which they really should have been but I suppose there's no complaining now. We'll just have to sit back and wait for the results. no point worrying now, we can't change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Triarius

My only complaint is with that horrendous chemistry exam, I went in hoping for a B1 and came out (and still am) praying for a C1, I found the rest seemed easier than past papers, especially Biology.
    I did OL Maths and Irish though so I avoided what I heard was a rather unfair higher Irish paper (I probably would have failed it but decided to do OL on the day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Has anyone ever considered that the LC is 'harder' every year for the students sitting it (repeats or first timers) because it's an unseen paper? You're under pressure to complete the paper in a set time period, only getting once chance to give the best possible answer to each question, unlike the book of past exam papers you have been working from for the previous year that you can take your time over it, figure out what the question is asking at leisure and then, if you don't know the answer consult the marking scheme/notes/text book etc... just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I'm a repeat student, so I'll give my opinion on this. Of course, it really differs for everyone and so there really is no wrong or right.

English HL - less predictable this year. Fair exam, though.

Maths OL - Alot more difficult than last year. Was hoping for an A1, definitely didn't get it. I didn't even put in work for Maths last year and still got a B1.

History HL - Thought it was easier than last year, although I did put in alot more work this year.

Geog HL - Most people thought it was harder, I felt I did better. Probably for same reason as above.

Art History HL - Very difficult. Unpredictable. Harder than last year. Did awful.

French HL - Comprehensions far, far more difficult than last years. The rest was probably even.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The_Fear_1993

i dunno wat everyones talkin about... i thought that most went well....
    HL Gaeilge: My teacher called everything perfect incl. Slainte na nOg and the dialects for stair na gaeilge
    HL History: Church state relations, Eucharistic Congress & Cultural identity, Moon Landing (tho the q was weird)
    HL Biology: thought it was perfect (loved the ecology q)
    HL English: Yeats, G,V&V, The interesting evil characters for Lear
    HL Chem: thought was grand...bit hard tho
    HL Spanish: Perfect
    the only one i found bad was geography...i got and A1 in the mocks and will be lucky to get a B1 now

Ill end up repeating anyway cause i want medicine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Has anyone ever considered that the LC is 'harder' every year for the students sitting it (repeats or first timers) because it's an unseen paper?
    I disagree, last year I came out of most of my exams either happy about how they went, or upset at myself for leaving out some aspect of the course. This year I was a lot more frustrated leaving the exam hall, rather than thinking "Why the hell didn't I prepare for that?" I was thinking "How the hell was I suppose to prepare for that?".

It's mainly because they made some papers so unpredictable. Like on the art history paper; I don't think even the most experienced teachers thought they'd have to visit more than one gallery to have that question covered. And in chemistry there were questions on aspects of the course, that we read through once in class back in forth year and then never looked at again, because they were never asked in any detail before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Lawliet wrote: »
    I disagree, last year I came out of most of my exams either happy about how they went, or upset at myself for leaving out some aspect of the course. This year I was a lot more frustrated leaving the exam hall, rather than thinking "Why the hell didn't I prepare for that?" I was thinking "How the hell was I suppose to prepare for that?".

It's mainly because they made some papers so unpredictable. Like on the art history paper; I don't think even the most experienced teachers thought they'd have to visit more than one gallery to have that question covered. And in chemistry there were questions on aspects of the course, that we read through once in class back in forth year and then never looked at again, because they were never asked in any detail before.

But that doesn't mean that they can't ever be asked in detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annie.xx

Thought twas alright...

Eng HL : loved it....
    Irish HL : same part from the An Trial q ....didn't understand the q:( hated the essay titles too..
    Maths OL ::):):)good enough
    Accounting HL: Couldn't do section 3 or half of sec 2 thanks to our teacher defo failed it :mad::mad::mad:
    Bio HL: Okish I think:confused: could have done better
    French : Fine apart from the reading comp's
    Home ec: Hated the short q's and Sec B part 1 ..more time needed...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

But that doesn't mean that they can't ever be asked in detail.
    I never said they couldn't be asked, nor did I suggest that they shouldn't be asked. I'm just pointing out that this year, more than any other year a lot of unexpected things came up. If all students studied the entire course for each subject equally then this years leaving cert would have been pretty much on a par with the previous years, but that fact that so many students -and teachers are by no means innocent of this either- focus on parts of the course that get asked in detail and quickly glance over the rest. So to have so many unexpected things appear in one go did make this years leaving a lot tougher.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the practise of predicting, but there's no point in pretending that it doesn't happen on a huge scale, or that those predictions falling through wouldn't impact on how difficult people felt the papers were.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

• English HL - OK, was disappointed Longley wasn't there but other than that I thought it was grand tbh
    • Maths HL - Paper one: :mad: I'd say I only barely passed this paper Paper 2: :) I think I did really well in this one, so they should balance out to an average result
    • Business HL - I think Business went pretty well, not many surprises that I can remember and I think I was able to answer everything pretty well, Have to waitg and see though
    • French HL - Didnt think it went brilliantly, but I was able to get through it so hopefully should be OK
    • Construction HL - I find it hard to remember this exam exactly, but I cant remember too disappointed with it
    • Irish OL - Ugh, I hate Irish with a passion cos I didnt get along with my Irish teacher, so I kinda avoided doing stuff just to annoy her (yes I know, stupid and counterproductive, but what ya gonna do)
    • Biology OL - I think that went OK, I was doing Higher up untill the mocks and they didnt go well, so I dropped down, so should be fine
    • LCVP - So long ago now, but I remember being absolutely delighted bar one of the one or two mark questions which just bugged the hell outta me, then the second someone told me I was like /facepalm

Overall, I think the exams went fine if you studied your stuff, if you just learned model answers, then you were kinda screwed cos of the way they mixed things up

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Ehh it was pretty hard! I repeated this year and I found last years much easier! I didnt do anything last year and I came out with a good leaving cert but didnt get da course! I love Irish but it was crap this year! And dnt get me started on pass maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

HL Maths and HL Applied Maths were the easiest papers I've ever seen.
    HL Physics was somewhat unusual, but still very, very do-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

I know I'm a bit late but...

HL English: PI - was very good (had essay learned off) but PII wasnt great. Everything I studied came up but I kinda blanked during the test!! Praynig for a B....

HL Irish: PI - My "source" had me studying sport as an essay topic but I think I got on grand anyways. Comprehensions were fair altho much harder than those .......misleading mocks. PII - Didnt answer A Thig Na Tit Orm or Faoiseamh a Ghaobhasa but was happy. Think I may have scraped an A2.

HL French: My best subject because of my amazing teachers (my JC teacher was ****e so I got grinds back then and keeped the teacher for LC). If I didnt get an A I'll be disappointed.

OL Maths: Not counting it so I relied on natural talent to get me through. Needless to say this plan backfired and I spent a good chunk of Sunday studying for PII instead of Irish. Thought PI was hard but PII was piss, but then again, look at my plan.... Defo passed anyways...

HL Geography: My "source" correctly predicted pretty much the whole paper. Didnt study rocks at all like. Used Paris (at least - cant really remember) twice, for the biome all you had to say at the end of each para was "as a result/factor (again, cant really remember) of climate." The bell curve will probs give me a B though. Would be happy with that.

HL Physics and Chemistry: Got a D3 in this in the mocks. Fortunately I got an unreal grinds teacher in about May (course is very short) and almost definitely got the A.

HL Economics: As you can probably tell I relied (heavily) on predictions and this is the exam where it caught up with me. Oligopoly effed me over along with some other qs (cant remember them now). Praying for a B!

Despite the English and Econ disasters I would do it all again the exact same way. I defo got lucky, could have went a completely diff way (well it still can, sooo nervous over the results, thats why I'm on this thread at 2 in the morning - btw thanks to all the people who did poorly and shared it, I know its not much compensation but ye made me feel much better about myself. Sorry if I'm coming across as arrogant, I'm not trying to emulate Shwagga, believe me!) As my French teacher says, the LC is not about how smart you are, rather how much you can learn off. I really believe its down to subject choices. if there's any JC's reading this I'd like to advise them to do Phys-Chem and Economics (both courses veeery short, also to do pass Maths (unless you're fond of it) and pass English - it would free up sooo much revision time. Heard Construction and Music are soft 100 points too...
    Anyways, best of luck to everyone with the results. Except you Shwagga.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

English (HL): Okay,paper 1 was so-so but I made a mess of the poetry in paper 2,even though I studied Kavanagh. Was very angry at myself afterwards. B1
    Gaeilge (HL): Sound.. My favourite paper. A1
    French (HL): An absolute bitch, in comparison to other years it was really difficult and I'm fairly good at French. B2
    Maths (OL): Could have been worse, I hate Maths so it was never going to be brilliant. C1
    Geography (HL): Can't really remember it, was okay, can see how people would have a problem with it though. B1
    Business (HL): Short Questions were surprisingly tricky and screwed up a section of the ABQ, but other than that it was grand. B1
    Physics (HL): Walked out of the exam happy enough but the more I think of it, perhaps it didn't go as well as planned. C2

Hopefully I got these marks but if I didn't, I've a tough choice between Repeating and Arts in Maynooth (That's if I even get the place)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

May as well post my own thoughts, before I forget them! :p

HL English - I was very happy with my English Paper I. I'm a big sci-fi buff so I actually squeaked in delight when I saw the theme, and got a look from the invigilator. Kept to the speech and the radio talks that I've always done well in, and I was pretty happy. Paper II, I'm more unsure. I didn't like the Literary Genre questions - did a full answer, but I don't feel as though I interacted with the question enough, as it was unlike anything I had done previously. I was happy with Lear and very happy with Yeats, though - hated Rich and Boland, so I managed to avoid the controversy! So...potentially an A. If I'm going to get an A in anything, I hope it's English.

HL Geography - This was the only exam where timing killed me. I had to leave a full 30 marker unattempted, and had to hurrily finish another one. Thankfully, I followed my Geography teacher's advice and did the Option first, so at least it was only 30 marks I missed out on! The reason I ran out of time was because of my detailed answers, though, so I'm hopefully still looking at a B.

OL Maths - I though Paper I was horrible. I was going through the questions, thinking "Can do (a), (b)...not (c). Can do (a)...not (b), but (c)'s good. Can do (b), (c)...but I can't do (a)!?" Managed to cop on to a couple at the end, but it was a very fractured exam for me. Paper II on the other hand, was comparatively laughable. I just tore through that paper. Didn't get any extra questions done, like I managed in Paper I due to my skippings, but they were pretty complete. I think I had to do four graphs? The most I've ever had to do in one sitting, anyway.

HL History - I didn't like how these questions were phrased. While I knew a lot about the areas of history, the particular parts I was asked to focus on threw me off quite a bit. I think I had a good stab at most, used as many dates as I could remember, and did at least four pages for each, had a masterpiece of an RSR if I do say so myself, but I'm plagued with doubt over it regardless. I hope to the Nine Divines that I got a B, but that'll have to be seen.

HL Economics - Like many, my teacher focused on Oligopoly and I was disappointed by it's absence! Thankfully, I didn't have to do that question, and instead did 1, 3, 5, and 7. I hoped to do an extra one, but there simply wasn't time. I did all but one of the short questions, too. I've only managed B3s and B2s in tests all year, so I'm confident it was at least in that area, but I wouldn't say no to an A, though I doubt it'll happen.

HL Classical Studies - I was wrecked after Economics, but thankfully perked up before I got to Classics (amazing what a nice walk can do, eh?) I was really worried for this one, though my teacher was very confident in me. Last minute cramming illustrated that her faith was misplaced, and I got very anxious by how little of Alexander I really knew well, i.e. everything after the Battle of Gaugamela! I felt like sacrificing a bull when I saw the question on Gaugamela, the battle I knew best, and a nice question about the impact of Aristotle's teaching, I think. The Greek plays were perfectly fine (I had a week break to re-read them both Medea and Oedipus the King completely - good thing I did too, or I don't think I could have answered the Medea one). The Epics were also little sweat, but I wasn't too pleased about Roman Art and Architecture. I decided to avoid Public Buildings and instead focus on Town Plans and Sculpture. Thing is, we never did Trajan's Pillar in class, so I got quite alarmed. Thankfully, I remembered loads about the Pantheon and the picture inspired more, and I had...vague memories of the plan. Overall, I think I scraped by in that section. As are almost impossible in Classics, but I hope a nice B is in order for that.

HL Music - Half of it relies on the practical, where I played my trumpet. Even though my performance was great, I didn't feel they were very impressed with me. If I could have brought an orchestra with me, I would've, since that's where the trumpet shines, but all I could bring was an accompaniment recording. I thought I did well, and I've been told I'm quite good by fellow musicians, so maybe I'm just being neurotic. Hopefully. As for the written part, I found it hard to concentrate on cramming the night before, after the previous two exams, but I don't think it would've made any difference. I wouldn't have studied what came up. Like last year, the Listening seems so much like a guessing game. Learn the pieces as well as you can, and then give answers to their obscure and strange questions. Don't think it went too well. Composition, on the other hand, was fine. I took my time and filled out the G minor melody, taking the time to triple-check everything I did, with the same of the chord progressions. I've always done well here, so hopefully it won't be any different this time.

Doing this as a repeat student, I felt the exams were easier this year. That said, I did subjects such as Chemistry, French and Irish last year, all of which I hated, and I've worked harder this year by a factor of three, and I had a few drops of luck. I didn't rely on predictions, either, other than the ones forced by the teachings of my grindmaster teachers. I generally just tried to learn everything, and that worked well enough. I suppose the perspective of how the exams were depends on what you had studied and what you could regurgitate on the day.

We'll finally know our results soon enough! 12 days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm sure I've done this before, but I feel like doing it again anyway....

English: Paper 1- Liked the comprehensions, did Heaney Part A and the Part B on books, felt I did very well on A and good enough on B. Disliked the essays immensely, did the one on freedom, felt my essay was very average, maybe B standard at best.

Paper 2: Loved the Lear question, knew Edmund and Cordelia inside out so did those, one of the best Lear answers I feel I've written. Gen Vision & Viewpoint Q was Ok, better than average but I'm not as delighted with it as my other two. Kavanagh question was excellent, wrote on all the sonnets, thought I did well.

Maths: Paper 1 & 2- Absolute piss. Easiest papers I've ever done, did every single question besides the other Options on P2 with loads of time to spare.

Irish: Paper 1 &2: Dreadful. Had to leave halfway through paper 2 due to a personal medical issue, but was going nowhere anyway. Awkward questions, bad poems for me, just awful. Paper 1 was average.

German: Was dreading this exam, but the paper was lovely! Might have scraped a B, exceeding all expectations.

Accounting: Nasty paper, but one of my best subjects. Everything balanced for me anyway.

Chemistry: Odd paper, some unexpected/difficult bits, but fortunately I put a huge amount of effort into Chemistry and knew almost everything.

History: Really nice paper IMO. Did the Qs on RTÉ, Stalin, and Hungary. Knew them all very well. Sunningdale was good too.

App Maths: Really easy paper. Nothing awkward at all.

All subjects were HL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

English : HL Was ok. Bit disappointed with Boland, but got lucky with Eliots characters. who could forget them:)

Maths: OL ugh...better of passed that or im gonna kill my grinds teacher. 40euro a week all year when couldnt afford it

Irish :OL i think i passed

History: HL Fecking disaster! All the work I put in .....

French: HL - lets just say, my teacher is 30years in the game and was snapping over it

Art - HL - grand just wished i studied a bit more for Art H

Biology - HL - got a B in the pre, A every other test- ill be lucky to pass it :mad:

It was defo clear from the phrasing etc they were filtering people out. What a joke. I might have to repeat :mad::mad::mad::mad: all the work i put in......so upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TRAPASARMY

I'm sure I've done this before, but I feel like doing it again anyway....

English: Paper 1- Liked the comprehensions, did Heaney Part A and the Part B on books, felt I did very well on A and good enough on B. Disliked the essays immensely, did the one on freedom, felt my essay was very average, maybe B standard at best.

Paper 2: Loved the Lear question, knew Edmund and Cordelia inside out so did those, one of the best Lear answers I feel I've written. Gen Vision & Viewpoint Q was Ok, better than average but I'm not as delighted with it as my other two. Kavanagh question was excellent, wrote on all the sonnets, thought I did well.

Maths: Paper 1 & 2- Absolute piss. Easiest papers I've ever done, did every single question besides the other Options on P2 with loads of time to spare.

Irish: Paper 1 &2: Dreadful. Had to leave halfway through paper 2 due to a personal medical issue, but was going nowhere anyway. Awkward questions, bad poems for me, just awful. Paper 1 was average.

German: Was dreading this exam, but the paper was lovely! Might have scraped a B, exceeding all expectations.

Accounting: Nasty paper, but one of my best subjects. Everything balanced for me anyway.

Chemistry: Odd paper, some unexpected/difficult bits, but fortunately I put a huge amount of effort into Chemistry and knew almost everything.

History: Really nice paper IMO. Did the Qs on RTÉ, Stalin, and Hungary. Knew them all very well. Sunningdale was good too.

App Maths: Really easy paper. Nothing awkward at all.

All subjects were HL.

Cant wait to beat u in the leaving because you have been bragging for the last 3 months. Yes maths was easy get over it. more than u got an A1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

TRAPASARMY wrote: »
    Cant wait to beat u in the leaving because you have been bragging for the last 3 months. Yes maths was easy get over it. more than u got an A1
    I'm not bragging, I'm giving my opinion. Surely that is allowed? I'm sorry if some of what I said offended you somehow. I don't really care whether or not you beat me in your leaving, as I don't know you and don't care whether a random person on the Internet I will probably never meet does better than me. Certainly many people will do better than me, and congratulations to them. I don't care as long as I get the grades for my course.

Sorry!! Its just i dont like when other people worked so hard and write about how hard it was and then you show how well you did. I try and keep quite myself. Good luck next Wednesday:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Every year there tends to be a deafening silence on boards from some quarters when the results come out.
    In a year or two, you'll be morto you ever thought it was important enough to get bothered about.

Ya with fair reason to remain silent. Im not telling a load of strangers my results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nadia4

English HL - P1, I liked the Heaney comprehension, putting images to the text and such. The letter on the world in 2050 was good, wrote about environment, poverty, recession. I did the essay on personal freedom talked about aung san suu kyi, other groups in the world who aren't free then related it back to our freedom in Irish society. P2 King Lear - had loyalty and honor qs done before :D GVVP -worded differently but fine nonetheless, I liked Rich and the unseen poem.

Irish P1 was ok, did polateoiri for daoine i mbeal an pobail, hope this was ok. The comprehensions were sticky in parts, listening was straight forward. All my predictions came true in P2 thank god, teicnici An triail, An chead drama etc.

Maths OL, Some of the c parts in p1 made me feel demoralized. However, p2 was straight forward in comparison.

Spanish Hl, I though it was very doable, everything was ok

Business HL, short qs and abq were fine, found the a's of q1 and q3 quite specific, however everything else was fine

Art HL, biggest shock i received was not seeing newgrange on the paper, however the other essay i learned was on book of kells...:) Banksy was interesting.

Music HL, it was a great listening paper, the set works were easy, composition paper was good, i wanted a minor melody, and backing chords was very straight forward.

Overall, i was pleased with how my exams went. But...you never know what examiners think especially with subjective subjects such as Art, Music, English :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

I wouldnt say harder just a lot less predictable...
    (All HL)

English- Actually went quite well for me, obviously Boland being at Kate's Party instead of English Paper 2 causd trouble. Howevr sum of the questioning this yr made u think a bit more esp. the comparative

irish- i'm not gonna comment on dat...i tried my best but it didnt help dat my honours irish teacher tried 2 cram half d course in 1 month (SnaG in 1 day) :-(

maths- :-) pretty standard

french- harder than last year but in fairness 09 was too easy

business.. really unpredictable and was probably alot more testing then any othr year..but i wouldnt call it harder just longer and more demanding

geography..pretty predictable however i thought the economic geography elective was a tad harder and more unusual than othr papers

chemistry...defintely alot tougher...u needed to have a much greater knowledge of the course on a profoundly deeper level,. on the plus side though it did let u 2 show off if u knew ur stuff

Advertisement