Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the Leaving Cert a lot harder this year?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nadzcookie

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    English : HL Was ok. Bit disappointed with Boland, but got lucky with Eliots characters. who could forget them:)

Maths: OL ugh...better of passed that or im gonna kill my grinds teacher. 40euro a week all year when couldnt afford it

Irish :OL i think i passed

History: HL Fecking disaster! All the work I put in .....

French: HL - lets just say, my teacher is 30years in the game and was snapping over it

Art - HL - grand just wished i studied a bit more for Art H

Biology - HL - got a B in the pre, A every other test- ill be lucky to pass it :mad:

It was defo clear from the phrasing etc they were filtering people out. What a joke. I might have to repeat :mad::mad::mad::mad: all the work i put in......so upset!

I agreee with that history.. it was ridiculous, I studied so much and in the end went into overload.
    Hard work feels like **** when ye think of having to repeat dosnt it :(

Maths was very easy this year, compared with last year. Maybe it's because I'm studying maths full time now, but other friends who did HL last year agree with me. (Non-maths-student types)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davey17

Higher Level Chemistry was so hard. 2009 exam was a piece of cake compared to it.what was PVC about ..?? we had never covered it with our teacher..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

My Bio teacher said the Bio paper this year was fair...genetics and ecology..awful!

English - Eavan Boland..nuff said

Pass Irish was a walk in the park ;) Maths wasnt so easy though

Business...too freaking long...never got the paper finished, left out 100 marks easily

Chem...a b*****d of a paper, first glance ok..then reading back through it, I nearly cried

Geog was a beauty apart from the population questions

French...tooo easy..so I'm worried now...
    But LTC here I come I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

The Leaving Cert was a friggin joke this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Miao

My friend is going to a grind school for 6th Year. She is unsure whether to do Biology or Geography. She did Geog in 5th year but learned very little. She is a hard worker and wants to get a good grade. She heard that it is hard to get an A in Geog so that is why she is seriously considering switching to Biology. Not sure if this is true. Is it? She does Home Ec which has quite a good overlap with Biology. What would you advise? Is Biology do-able in a year? Is there a practical which you hand up in advance like Geog? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Miao, do Geog, i was crap at it and got an A2, happy days! easy peasy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davey17

your friend should do ag science...instead of biology or geo ..!!

Advertisement