Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online shop insurance

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking for online shop insurance, who will be so kind and insure that kind of business? I asked Axa and Aviva with no luck, because the business is based at home, all I need is a public liability. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hi

If you only operate an online business from home (where no customers visit you), why do you want public liability at all?
    Depending on the nature of your product, distribution methods and paymant handling, I think there are far more important covers, that you may need. Ring any reputable insurance broker, explain your circumstances and they will look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

hi,
    Im not an insurance expert, basically all I need is a cover for stock kept at home and for potential unsatisfied customers who i.e. got some allergy to my products etc. So what cover should I ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It all depends on whether you manufacture the product you sell or just distribute it. If you distribute it, it is also important if it is sourced from the EU. It doesn't really matter how big or small you operation is, just call a (good) broker, explain what you do and they will know what exposures you have and get a quotation to cover them. That's what they do every day.

Give it a try, if you contact an insurer directly, they will quote you on what you ask for, which is not always what you need

Advertisement