Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2010-2011 outlook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Damn you M.T damn you....:D Did you seriously have to ramp so much.
    Could be some un-productive days in work following the snowfall around the country, those lows skimming up the channel even make prospects of snow here in Waterford a chance :eek:
    I guess this is why we're not seeing much off the eagle on TV these days, he's saving up his apperances for some serious snow forecasting this winter, lets hope he gives Gerry Murphy the elbow soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭cdev

I don't post here often but I'm a regualr reader of MT and all the other regulars here (keep up the good work guys).

That was some forecast from MT - really brightened up a mundane Monday. Right....I'm off to buy my tickets for the snow train :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

coming to Ireland this winter: 4278971672_871a7bcbdd_b.jpg

Your man is actually pointing towards the spot where he parked his car the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

1 ticket please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

1 ticket please :)

That'll be €95 please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

that is a post worthy of celebration! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

great picture,

time to bury the water line into the house, about 2 foot deep id say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

In other words, I'm predicting a cold winter with lots of snow, that could become an epic winter. Stay tuned.
    rtqk2g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seriously not what I wanted to hear. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

snow ghost wrote: »
    That'll be €95 please.

I'll take 2...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

So its looking like more of this then!

snow.jpg

Cavan March 2010

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Feck it - I really thought I'd beaten this addiction after last winter... I drop by for one little glance, just one, and now I'm sucked back bloody in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

What time are M.T and Blast issuing there full winter forecast over on Net weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

thanks MT(&your friend Blast from the past)for the work done on this dream forcast just hope it comes off otherwise there will be alot of broken boardies hearts,let the fun begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

seriously i think you posted in the wrong thread :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Kippure wrote: »
    What time are M.T and Blast issuing there full winter forecast over on Net weather?

Blast said sometime tonight. I presume at that time(several hours ago) he was starting to write it up . Im keeping an eye on his profile for the next hour so ill post here if it goes up in that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Blast said sometime tonight. I presume at that time(several hours ago) he was starting to write it up . Im keeping an eye on his profile for the next hour so ill post here if it goes up in that time

I was on to MT there and he said later tonight or tomorrow morning. I also need to sleep......:D then again i probaly wont sleep if its a super cold forecast....

Theres alot of lamp post watchers on tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Is there room for one more on the roller coaster?!

rhonin wrote: »
    Is there room for one more on the roller coaster?!

There is, in the Theme park of Rollar coasters thats starting to be built!

Blast has made his forecast people!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/64878-rjs-and-bftp-winter-201011-lrf/page__p__1885177#entry1885177

After that all i can say is.....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Makes 2 of us. I love a good storm and snow event but unfortunately snow+ice+motorcycle= bad news for the commute to work.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

joe bastardi has just mentioned a 'major early season outbreak of cold'

Hey, folks, as per previous posts I have work getting in the way of my play time with Euro weather, but I am going to post on the next few weeks coming up as blocking is developing and a major early season outbreak of cold looks to be shaping up as we wind the clock toward December. Fitting that with the first anniversary of the release of the climate emails, the weather may again try to prove its point that man can't control nature.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    joe bastardi has just mentioned a 'major early season outbreak of cold'

Hey, folks, as per previous posts I have work getting in the way of my play time with Euro weather, but I am going to post on the next few weeks coming up as blocking is developing and a major early season outbreak of cold looks to be shaping up as we wind the clock toward December. Fitting that with the first anniversary of the release of the climate emails, the weather may again try to prove its point that man can't control nature.

Ah WolfeIre you seem to have cut out the bit about his Muscles etc? Why may i ask?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lord lucan wrote: »
    I love a good storm and snow event but unfortunately snow+ice+motorcycle= bad news for the commute to work.:(
    I'm more annoyed at the thought of bad weather fouling up my Barcelona Marathon training tbh, plus I hate the fact that this country just cannot handle bad weather at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Don't get me wrong i love the cold and snow as much as anyone but i Drive for a living:mad:...... Ah who am i kidding...BRING IT ON!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ah WolfeIre you seem to have cut out the bit about his Muscles etc? Why may i ask?? ;)

bastardi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

JESUS H. CHRIST!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Fantastic winter forecast by MT! ahh it just puts me in a great mood!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Now we're heading back into the lab to see if we can find a hot, dry summer for 2011. :cool:

We were going to pull the trigger on this winter forecast earlier, but Fred (my U.K. research associate) has been very busy in recent weeks, so I've just been hinting at what I knew we were probably going to publish. Seeing some of these longer-range model maps is encouraging but I am keeping in mind this is Ireland we are talking about, not Baffin Island, so we are saying colder and more snow than average, not cold and snow every day. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Very similar to the netweather forecast, any professional links?

EDIT. yes, he said there was :-)

Advertisement