Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghana - Germany, 19:30pm, Johannesburg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

It been confusing to watch Germany white guys wearing Black and Ghana Blacks guys wearing white. :eek:

I been so used to watching Germany play in White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

limklad wrote: »
    It been confusing to watch Germany white guys wearing Black and Ghana Blacks guys wearing white. :eek:

I been so used to watching Germany play in White.
    Racilist :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Hopefully Ghana will go through as well as the Germans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Shout for a penalty for Serbia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

DB10 wrote: »
    Don't think the Germans are a WC winning side tbh. Alot of decent players but they haven't impressed me much tonight.

On one hand I'd have to agree on the other hand you don't have to look like one this early. When does one look like a world cup winning side anyway? Germany rarely does. Same for Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Serbia lost 2-1 so Ghana & Germany go through.

Ozil is limping... hope he's alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Serbia havnt scored. game over. Well done Ghana but ye may learn how to score in open play. Serbia could easily of got a peno. Pheawh

Great Germany and Ghana through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Germany scrape past Ghana, they look like World Cup winners to me.

NOT!

• Advertisement

Germany v England on Sunday. Niiiiiiiice. C'mon GERMANY!!

One of Uruguay/S.Korea/USA/Ghana will be in the semi finals. Great chance for one of those teams to cause a huge upset.

Klose back for the England match. Unless Rooney shakes of his injury problem (unlikely) England will struggle againest this German team.

Hopefully Schweinsteiger and Oezil will be alright and they will have Klose back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Germany and Ghana go through.
    Delighted! Fully deserved for both of them.

Sweinstiger out with a hamstring would be a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

mike65 wrote: »

NOT!

cool_story_bro3.jpg

namloc1980 wrote: »
    One of Uruguay/S.Korea/USA/Ghana will be in the semi finals. Great chance for one of those teams to cause a huge upset.
    Have a few quid on the USA to get to the final. Team spirit will bring them a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Germany v England on Sunday, What a game too look forward to!

Germany will probably own the ball against England. If Ozil can get time on the ball he could really pick apart the slow centre backs that Engand have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Good point. That's good to see.

I think Uruguay are to be feared.

NOT!

actually, they look like a three times world cup winner to me ;)

Pro. F wrote: »
    Good point. That's good to see.

I think Uruguay are to be feared.

Uruguay for the final?! They are good at the back. 2 very good centre-fielders and 2 excellent forwards! The only thing is they will probably have to play Brazil in the semi-final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Think Germany did ok tonight and Ghana made it difficult for them. Germany have come out on top of a difficult group.

They might have a few missing on Sunday.

Either way England v Germany.....looking forward to it.....will be very exciting.

Great Criminal Minds is next!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Think Germany did ok tonight and Ghana made it difficult for them. Germany have come out on top of a difficult group.

They might have a few missing on Sunday.

Either way England v Germany.....looking forward to it.....will be very exciting.

Yeah we'll also have the tiresome WW2 references from the English meeja as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

It's crucial for Germany that Schweinsteiger play's on sunday.

Yeah we'll also have the tiresome WW2 references from the English meeja as well.

To be fair, the Huns are not going to be bigging that one up are they*! ;)

* boasting about better GDP per capita doesn't really work either

I know.....I remember BBC promoting England v Germany in Euro 2000 with the theme from 'The Great Escape'.

* boasting about better GDP per capita doesn't really work either

No but 3 World Cup Victories, 4 Times World Cup Runners Up, 3 European Championship Victories & 3 European Championships Runners Up v 1 World Cup Victory does in my book!;)

The ITV commentator said something like this earlier:

"the last time Germany went out of the World Cup in the first round was in 1938.......of course they had other things on their minds!" :mad:

• Advertisement

Someone tell Denis Irwin how to pronounce "Sh-wine-sty-ger"!!

Someone tell Denis Irwin how to pronounce "Sh-wine-sty-ger"!!

He's thinking of Warsteiner beer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

How the lads in studio think England have a chance is beyond me. Before the tournament they were inexplicably touting England as eventual winners. How can ex-pros get it so wrong. England are a pedestrian side with no playmaker.

I'd be wicked anti-England when it comes to football and yet I wouldn't want to call it. England will show up on Sunday no doubt. Plus the day Eamon fancies us is the day I'm getting worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Dont really wanna start a thread to ask this question but, it would be great if someone could answer.
    What happens if 2 teams finish on same points,same goal difference, and the match the 2 teams played in, finished a draw?

who goes through to last 16?

Dont really wanna start a thread to ask this question but, it would be great if someone could answer.
    What happens if 2 teams finish on same points,same goal difference, and the match the 2 teams played in, finished a draw?

who goes through to last 16?

Goals scored and if they're even on that then they draw lots... which is basically a coin toss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Terry and Upson didn't look that convincing today, and you can get away with it against Slovenia, but with Klose, Ozil, Podolski and co. they can't afford to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/23/germany-beat-ghana-to-secure-top-spot/ Match report.

If the world is fair, this young German side will knock out this turgid England side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,579 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Goals scored and if they're even on that then they draw lots... which is basically a coin toss!
    Who has more points?
    >Who has more goals?
    >Who has fewer goals against?
    >Who has fewer cards?
    >Who has more shots on target?
    >Who has more ball possession?
    >Who has prettier hair?

Thats how it should go :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

absolutely over the moon with that result > Germany go through to meet England and Africa still have a representative in Ghana

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    absolutely over the moon with that result > Germany go through to meet England and Africa still have a representative in Ghana

Couldn't agree more! Terrific result all round. Not sure who I want to see win between the States and Ghana. Win-Win situation really.

Hopefully Ghana can win that, the Yanks don't really care about football soccer, Ghana does and it helps keep things more African longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

gotta love Ghana i'll be shouting for them over the yanks

Hopefully Ghana can win that, the Yanks don't really care about football soccer, Ghana does and it helps keep things more African longer

But maybe that's a reason to shout for them. It'd be great for the global game if America does well. But it'd be equally good if Ghana can break through to the Semi-Final, which they are in with a shout of now.
    fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

gotta love Ghana i'll be shouting for them over the yanks

I'm torn. I love Ghana but I also love American fans of football. They're extra determined to support the sport and their team because of the smallish nature of the sport in the US.

the Yanks don't really care about football soccer..

:rolleyes:

Tell that to the US team. They are also the team with the biggest number of supporters in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Sorry Mikey, but the 'yanks' have been good to me over the years, and if you remember their group game from four years ago, the referee did not like them at all!
    Nothing against Ghana, but I have no emotional connection with the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RichTea wrote: »
    I'm torn. I love Ghana but I also love American fans of football. They're extra determined to support the sport and their team because of the smallish nature of the sport in the US.

Have you ever met Ghana fans? They're unreal! And the whole country will be crowded around TV's cheering their team on. Most americans couldn't give a toss. Come on the black stars!

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Have you ever met Ghana fans? They're unreal! And the whole country will be crowded around TV's cheering their team on. Most americans couldn't give a toss. Come on the black stars!

I'd say they are. Their fans look, from the telly at least, seem like some of the most avid anyway. Was meant to be going to Ghana this summer but, alas, nay. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I'm surprised Germany didnt let Ghana equalize late in the game in order for them to go into the easier side of the competition with finishing second in the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I went to see Ghana play in the 2006 world cup. We met some of their fans, who strangely enough were actually Americans.

Advertisement