Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Rash??

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My DD has a rash on the top half of her back the last week, it was behind her ears to start but gone from there, it comes and goes on her chest and arms, It has been really warm the last week. Her form is excellent and she eating. drinking as normal.

Any suggestions to clear it up.... using aqueous cream on it and have her in loose clothes?

Rang doctor to make sure it was not anything else and they didnt seem to worried but its been a week now with the rash..should i get her checked out again??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

Could be what is referred to as "fifth disease".
    http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/fifth.html
    You should bring the child to the GP for peace of mind at least though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My little girl has the same on her back but I think it's heat rash too. Not bothering her at all and I am also putting aqueous cream on at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

My little man has it as well, all over, since last Friday. He is perfectly well, so I think it's heat rash. Once he is not bothered by it, neither am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Same here, mainly on his chest, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all.

Advertisement