Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long until you now the result of your application?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

I applied for a masters in DCU about a month ago via the PAC website. But my application status is still showing as "You are being put forward for consideration".

How long does it usually take for them to let you know the outcome of your application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I would like to know this too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

It says 4-6 weeks from the deadline on the PAC website but I'd imagine it's sooner in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Yeah, I was going to ring the universities themselves to find out.

I got a conditional offer and submitted a deposit and the results of my exams but haven't heard anything since. It's a bit annoying because I need to get back to other universities & courses to tell them what I'm going to be doing. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meely

I applied to DCU in last Wednesday. The week before I applied to TCD for my yearly transcripts where I did my degree. Girl in TCD office, admittedly said can take 14days but she also said it can be sooner. On Monday (a mere 3working days from when I applied) theTutor /head contact of the DCU course emailed me looking for my transcripts and said once she gets them she can make a quick decision! I didn't think DCU would know I had even applied until my transcipts were posted/recieved in PAC HQ Galway. I mean you can only post them once you get ur application number, and they have to be copied by the guards. Trinity now told me there is a delay for nearly3weeks with requesting transcripts....my heart is in my mouth each time i check the post.................Anyways!I guess it depends on your course, not just on the college

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

UCC are saying there is a three week delay too for transcripts. Told my friend that today and he's order within days of me before we even got our results weeks ago. Lucky me getting mine today and sending them off for PAC to give to DCU/NUIG! Hopefully a quick response from one or both!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Meely wrote: »
    I applied to DCU in last Wednesday. The week before I applied to TCD for my yearly transcripts where I did my degree. Girl in TCD office, admittedly said can take 14days but she also said it can be sooner. On Monday (a mere 3working days from when I applied) theTutor /head contact of the DCU course emailed me looking for my transcripts and said once she gets them she can make a quick decision! I didn't think DCU would know I had even applied until my transcipts were posted/recieved in PAC HQ Galway. I mean you can only post them once you get ur application number, and they have to be copied by the guards. Trinity now told me there is a delay for nearly3weeks with requesting transcripts....my heart is in my mouth each time i check the post.................Anyways!I guess it depends on your course, not just on the college

Wow you literally described exactly the way I had to go about it last year, same college and all! I remember when I asked TCD for my transcripts I was told up to 6 weeks but I got them in the post about 2 days later. I think they just say that to cover themselves in case it does take age. Mind you this was late July and I reckon that with the exams just finished there are more people looking for them now. I rang PAC as I didn't have everything ready to go on time and they told me just to send the stuff I had and that I could send the transcripts to follow within a few days. I think I got them and sent them about a week after the deadline but it must have worked out because I got the course!

Also to answer the original question I wouldn't be worrying at the moment I didn't find out until the start of September (about 2 weeks after the deadline) I'd got it but I also applied on the last day (mid-August) so it maybe you'll hear back sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meely

Piby, can i ask were you called for interview when DCU finally got ur results? I did two subject degree in TCD so my overall degree qualifies me to apply. HOWEVER.....the subject I need for the course im applying for technically didnt make the grade, its my overall degree mark im relying on. There was me thinking I want to go to college and do it better this time. I never even thought there may doubts bout whether i'd get accepted. I thought ooh bit scary & exciting leaving the full time jobto and trying to get the fees together would be the issue! When they see my yearly transcipts Im worried it may affect their decision:( i want it so badly, my 17yr old self didnt take to Trinity life very well and it affected my results.I pushed through to please the parents etc., but now I genuinely want it for me.

Advertisement