Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the 6-month restriction affect self-employed work?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm working for myself on an ABN with a company in Sydney. I've a month down and am wondering how the 6-month restriction affects me. If I'm self-employed can I work with anyone as long as I like or can I not do work for them after 6 consecutive months? Can someone advise, Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

don't worry about it.
    Plenty of us are on ABNs and we are all technically contracting our services out.
    I've never heard of anybody getting into hassle over spending more than 6 months with a company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Hmmm, all the same I don't think I'll be chancing it. Company said they don't sponsor at the start but I think they might if I keep up the good work! One more question, looking at my contract again I noticed the following line;

"The service fee is exclusive of a goods and services tax ("GST") and if you are liable/registered to pay GST in respect of the services supplied to the company pursuant to this agreement, you may invoice the company for that ammount of GST which the company will pay provided you must ensure that each invoice complies with the form of "tax invoice" as required by the regulations to A New Tax System (Goods & Services Tax) Act 1999."

So far when I invoice the company I just invoice for the service fee. Should I be invoicing more to cover GST and if so, how much?

Advertisement