Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone network service engineers in Galway?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who services or repairs small business phone systems in Galway. We have an Operaphone Hunting Exchange with 10 extensions which is giving trouble. It was sold and installed by TEIS (Telecom Eireann Information Systems) who no longer service it because parts are apparently hard to get although I have my doubts about this. It is a hybrid system, ie it is part analogue and part digital. I also posted this in the Networks & Communications forum.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what kind of trouble exactly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

The system is dropping calls in progress, it hangs up on incoming calls after one ring, there can be intermittent difficulty ringing between extensions and so on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sounds like a borked line card or central card, it would be worth fixing a line card but not the other. Make sure the engineer has a spare analogue line card or isdn....whatever you use.

Mind you opening it up and blasting all the dirt off the cards with an air can could do the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Thanks for that all that info Sponge_Bob.

Advertisement