Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter circling for about an hour now.

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

What seems to be the garda helicopter has been circling low down for the bones of an hour now.

It seems to be taking in Ballinacurra Gardens, The Baggot Estate and parts of Greenfields and Weston.

I wonder am I hoping in vain that there is some big arrests taking place involving certain individuals in Weston.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Saw there as well as I was driving towards Childers Road and again a few minutes ago flying over UL going back to base I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

It's just been over the northside as well - Moyross, Ballynanty area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The helicopter was flying out by Cois Ghruda earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Looked to me to be the army one?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Yeah I think so too, it was this one:
    aw139p1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

The difference in a year with the amount of squad cars, special units, choppers and just guards on the beat is unbelievable. Its like we are living in a war zone at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The difference in a year with the amount of squad cars, special units, choppers and just guards on the beat is unbelievable. Its like we are living in a war zone at times!

Can't say I have noticed a big increase of gardai on the beat, other than on fine days.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Can't say I have noticed a big increase of gardai on the beat, other than on fine days.

I have to be honest, but in general there is a big difference in the presence, suppose you have a better chance of doing something in a car than by foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Itsdacraic wrote: »

They're all Air Corps helicopters/planes, even the Garda ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

testicle wrote: »

air corps isnt necisarily army

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

The knacker trackers out again so, reminds me of years ago out the back garden with a cone the length of my arm and a helicopter hovering overhead for the full hour it took to chuff it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

The chopper up today is an Air Corps AW139, it is not part of the GASU and does not take part in civil operations.

They will be down here on a training exercise, they have been down a few times to prepare for events that they have taken part in. Like delivering the game ball to the Munster All Blacks game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

The knacker trackers out again so, reminds me of years ago out the back garden with a cone the length of my arm and a helicopter hovering overhead for the full hour it took to chuff it.

They probably thought you were undercover and sending them smoke signals:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

testicle wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Who knows?? It was both a funny experience and a paranoid experience!!! "Looks back with nostalgia":cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Its like we are living in a war zone at times!
    CaptainHyperbole%21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have to be honest, but in general there is a big difference in the presence, suppose you have a better chance of doing something in a car than by foot!

Or both - As I matter of fact I once completed a 5000 piece jigsaw in an Ford Sierra with my foot......

Raiser wrote: »
    Or both - As I matter of fact I once completed a 5000 piece jigsaw in an Ford Sierra with my foot......

Oh am I meant to be laughing now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Oh am I meant to be laughing now :rolleyes:

Wow you're in some mood today - First of all you upset SlapMyYak with your interview comments and then you aim your huge sarcastic talents in my direction?

As for when you may laugh - Sexual equality says you can do lots of stuff without our permission now Little Lass - So whenever you have your concentration focussed enough work away........ :P

- Best of luck showcasing your massive sense of humour in Canada too!!!!

I apologise for my mood Raiser and for having a sarcastic sense of humour :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement