Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales of Monkey Island

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I cannot find where I can buy this :confused:
    I've looked up HMV, Game and Amazon.co.uk.
    I'd like to buy the whole set!
    Can anyone help?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This being the tales (episodes ) whole series ?

STEAM has it available, aslo Im not sure if you know, but the original was remastered in recent times graphically. Its excellent,

They are also in the process of doing up the 2nd.

There are also the episodic adventures available on Steam (tales) in the new graphical format

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=monkey+island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

If you're looking to get the Tales episodes on consoles, they're available to download from WiiWare or Playstation Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

SeantheMan wrote: »
    This being the tales (episodes ) whole series ?

STEAM has it available, aslo Im not sure if you know, but the original was remastered in recent times graphically. Its excellent,

They are also in the process of doing up the 2nd.

There are also the episodic adventures available on Steam (tales) in the new graphical format

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=monkey+island

that's brilliant-£24.99 for the lot :)
    i have looked at the remastered monkey 1 on youtube-its very well done, looking forward to monkey 2!

Mr. K wrote: »
    If you're looking to get the Tales episodes on consoles, they're available to download from WiiWare or Playstation Network.

sorry , should have said it's for the PC i'm looking- i just thought HMV or /game would have it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

<3 monkey island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

milly4ever wrote: »
    that's brilliant-£24.99 for the lot :)
    i have looked at the remastered monkey 1 on youtube-its very well done, looking forward to monkey 2!

It's slightly cheaper on the offical site. (Plus all the money goes to the developers that way)
    http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I saw they have remade the original monkey island and spruced up the drawings and sound. It's on steam. Going to get it now :D Yay

B0X wrote: »
    It's slightly cheaper on the offical site. (Plus all the money goes to the developers that way)
    http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

it seems to be american :confused:
    i'd really like to just be able to buy it here! it's listed as a dvd- would they sell it in the dvd section of a shop?

i see the monkey island 2 remake is out on the 7th of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

milly4ever wrote: »
    i see the monkey island 2 remake is out on the 7th of July!

nice one, Le Chuck's Revenge! .. one thing. there was a real charm about those first two games w/ their limited graphics back in the day.. 20yr ago, whatever n i never came to accept the rejigged art style when they rejuvenated the series. think it was just the characters i failed to recognize, the environments should look spanky

n the audio will certainly be polished for the better. despite the old theme bein the stuff of 8-bit 'lore
    dlofnep wrote: »
    I saw they have remade the original monkey island and spruced up the drawings and sound. It's on steam. Going to get it now :D Yay

this never appear on the console stores? maybe they are jumpin the gun w/ 2

Advertisement