Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to pick a new phone

Options
  • 23-06-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I currently have the HD2 (which I will be selling soon) as Windows Mobile is driving me up the walls.. I am going to be joining 3 as a billpay customer.

I orginally was thinking about the desire but I am not too sure if that is the right route for me to take. I want a good size screen, with good browsing capabilities for the internet, decent camera (not hugely important), 3g capability etc..

Could you recommend phones in the pay monthly bracket with 3?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

want a good size screen, with good browsing capabilities for the internet, decent camera (not hugely important), 3g capability etc..

Desire has all of those and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yep, get a desire. Screen is really sharp and browsing is perfect on it, the way it formats text to fit the screen when you zoom in is very handy.

Posting this from a desire and it's a breeze compared to my last phone.

Not sure if it's out on 3 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thanks, not out on 3 yet, they quote mid July.. Is the screen easy to work on the desire, do you have to press hard to get it to press as the HD2 was a little too easy to press :o

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

angel01 wrote: »
    I currently have the HD2 (which I will be selling soon) as Windows Mobile is driving me up the walls.. I am going to be joining 3 as a billpay customer.

I orginally was thinking about the desire but I am not too sure if that is the right route for me to take. I want a good size screen, with good browsing capabilities for the internet, decent camera (not hugely important), 3g capability etc..

Could you recommend phones in the pay monthly bracket with 3?

angel01 I'm shocked! :eek: You were so delighted with the HD2 when you got it. I gave up, if remember, after it failed on me after a month.
    I went and got an iPhone (alright, stop screaming!) and despite all my initial reservations have never regretted it.

Could be what you're looking for.... ;)

Pikasso wrote: »
    angel01 I'm shocked! :eek: You were so delighted with the HD2 when you got it. I gave up, if remember, after it failed on me after a month.
    I went and got an iPhone (alright, stop screaming!) and despite all my initial reservations have never regretted it.

Could be what you're looking for.... ;)

I know, I do like the phone at times but I am fed up of the freezing and windows mobile acting up on me etc.. no couldn't do an iphone.. hate apple :D

I am still quite undecided :( I have even considered a blackberry :eek: I think I am going to go into a 3 store tomorrow and have a look at the phones in the range :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

angel01 wrote: »
    Thanks, not out on 3 yet, they quote mid July.. Is the screen easy to work on the desire, do you have to press hard to get it to press as the HD2 was a little too easy to press :o

No you don't have to press the screen at all it's very sensitive. Probably the exact same as the HD2.

Now am looking at an N86, if anyone knows anyone that is selling one, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I can't afford sim free, too expensive I am afraid for me :( and I am looking on adverts!

Thanks though :)

Advertisement