Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup in UCD

Options
  • 23-06-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its possible to stream the game off rte player on the UCD wireless network? I cant seem to get it working

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think there are problems with the RTE Player because of a non-standard port number.

What OS and browser are you using? If you're using Firefox, make sure that both its own proxy settings AND your operating system's proxy settings are set right - I'm not quite sure which settings the Flash plugin uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Thanks im using Firefox and XP. I wont be in till next week so ill check the proxy settings then. Do you know would it work fine if I went onto the wired connection instead of wireless? The laptop is registered for the network

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think if you're a student you're still on the restricted VLAN on the wired network. Your mileage may vary, I'm on the postgrad/staff side of it so can't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If you can get over to the Comp Sci building you can use eduroam which basically allows anything to be put through it. We've used it for downloading, playing Halo online etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Alls well. I found a mystery connection in the arts block near my room that allows me to stream.

• Advertisement
Advertisement