Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NOOB!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

HI guy's.

Something over on the PS forum caught my attention. Is it true that you cannot lay the Xbox down flat, even if this is the position it will always be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

bull....excrement.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

weiland79 wrote: »
    HI guy's.

Something over on the PS forum caught my attention. Is it true that you cannot lay the Xbox down flat, even if this is the position it will always be in?
    What? God no! The console can be placed either horizontally or vertically, depending on preference.

If there is a chance it could get knocked over then go with the former. I've had mine in both positions over the years and have never had an issue with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

you cant lie it down when its turned on. As in you have it on its side and its reading the disk dont move it to put it down flat. Switch it off and then put it down flat.

Ya i learnt the hard way, the very very very hard way, the wrecked MW2 and Street Fighter V way!!! Nice little engraved ring on the disc apres that little misadventure!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So i just put a deposit on the new X box. I've been thinking about getting the system for a while now, well since Mass Effect and Splinter cell didn't come out for PS3.

I'm just wondering what else i will need to get me up and running HDMI cables etc. I've heard that you need to buy quite a few peripherals for the system, is this true?

And of course a few recomended games please, no multiplatform titles as i probably have it on my PS anyway.

I am on the same boat as you apart from the fact that I have a 360 and have never really played but I am really keen on playing it now with the wi-fi :)

I am on the same boat as you apart from the fact that I have a 360 and have never really played but I am really keen on playing it now with the wi-fi :)

cartman91?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cartman91?

Thats the one ;)

Ahhhh I'm torn between Mass effect 2 and Splinter cell as my free game on Friday. I'm thinking ME2 for longevity and replayability, but damn i do love a good SC game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ahhhh I'm torn between Mass effect 2 and Splinter cell as my free game on Friday. I'm thinking ME2 for longevity and replayability, but damn i do love a good SC game.
    Assuming you've played Mass Effect then ME2 is a no-brainer. Actually, if you haven't then pick ME1 up while you're in there, it should be dirt cheap.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh I'm torn between Mass effect 2 and Splinter cell as my free game on Friday. I'm thinking ME2 for longevity and replayability, but damn i do love a good SC game.[/QUOTE

Free game???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah id definitely go for Mass Effect 2, I couldnt put it down when I bought it on release date. As a previous poster said you should play ME 1 first though if you havent already played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mass Effect 2 is the best game I've played this year.

Splinter Cell Conviction isn't. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Go for ME2, it is an amzaing piece of 1's and 0's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Thehut has Splinter Cell for just over €20 today. Alan Wake too, both worth picking up for that price.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-conviction/10047707.html

Ahhhh I'm torn between Mass effect 2 and Splinter cell as my free game on Friday. I'm thinking ME2 for longevity and replayability, but damn i do love a good SC game.[/QUOTE

Free game???

Yeah 1 of the bundles is the Xbox plus any game i want for 250 euros. Or 270 for extra controller and 4 games i wouldn't be interested in like Lego Batman etc...

So i went with Splinter cell and mass effect 1. Spent 2 hours chatting to a friend on live and didn't really get to play anything at all :(

And i have to go out with me moth after work tonight. :(

The Gods are conspiring against me this weekend.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So i went with Splinter cell and mass effect 1. Spent 2 hours chatting to a friend on live and didn't really get to play anything at all :(

And i have to go out with me moth after work tonight. :(

The Gods are conspiring against me this weekend.:mad:

You have a moth ?? :confused:

You have a moth ?? :confused:

Yes yes this is a very handy site for us lonely games nerds.
    www.RussianEuro.com:D

Advertisement