Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunch of Irish Lads convert 'Ride' controller into real skateboard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

i normaly like this kind of stuff, but whats the point?

they just put wheels on it. Could have done it to a wii fit board

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Tallon wrote: »

Did you actually watch it?
    They were using it as a proper Skateboard, fair enough if you're not into skating and don't get what goes in to the weighting and dynamics of a skate board, but to drill trucks onto a piece of plastic and be able to pull off what they did takes alot of skill.

I would recommend trying your Wii Fit board idea and seeing how well that works.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

go on so, stick some wheels and grip tape on your wii fit board so and away with ya :pac:

mayordenis wrote: »
    Did you actually watch it?

Of course I watched it, The end with the gard was hillarious.
    They were using it as a proper Skateboard, fair enough if you're not into skating and don't get what goes in to the weighting and dynamics of a skate board, but to drill trucks onto a piece of plastic and be able to pull off what they did takes alot of skill.

I would recommend trying your Wii Fit board idea and seeing how well that works.

I am into skateboarding, what I'm saying is doesnt matter if it is plastic or wood, it was designed to do that, just without the wheels, so saying it takes a lot of skill is silly.

I was merely pointing out that had they have done it with a wii fit it would have been better as you pointed out yourself, it would be harder to do!

Skateboarding on a skateboard is hardly skill!

Skateboarding on an ironing board with wheels, would be skill :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd just buy a skateboard tbh.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd just buy a skateboard tbh.

lol, exactly :p

Skateboarding on a skateboard is hardly skill!

So you'd have no problem at all doing all that "unskilled" stuff in the video, ollying the step set, the 360 flip, yea?

So you'd have no problem at all doing all that "unskilled" stuff in the video, ollying the step set, the 360 flip, yea?

Well tbh, no, I could, can and do, do that. I'm pretty handy on a board. Thats not the point.

Don't single out one sentance, take my whole post into context.

Let me put it this way:

Cycling a bike is hardly skill
    Cycling a shovel would be skill

Walking down the road is hardly skill
    Walking on water would be skill

See what I mean? I meant Modding something to perform like a skateboard when it already is a skateboard is not amazing or skillful, had he put trucks on a guitar hero or wii fit, then done a 360, that would be skill

Well tbh, no, I could, can and do, do that. I'm pretty handy on a board. Thats not the point.

Don't single out one sentance, take my whole post into context.

Let me put it this way:

Cycling a bike is hardly skill
    Cycling a shovel would be skill

Walking down the road is hardly skill
    Walking on water would be skill

See what I mean? I meant Modding something to perform like a skateboard when it already is a skateboard is not amazing or skillful, had he put trucks on a guitar hero or wii fit, then done a 360, that would be skill

Well I guess we're not going to agree on this - It takes alot of work and practice as I'm sure you know to get to a decent standard with the tricks they're doing on a normal skateboard, but to do it on a plastic one that was only intended to be stood on and shift your weight about on to mimic it loosely is definately impressive.

But anyway lwe're not going to agree.

But anyway lwe're not going to agree.

No no, I get what your saying, and If I thought I was wrong I would put my hands up and agree, but I don't think you understand what I mean.

Are you saying they were skilfull because the can olly a Plastic skateboard, or they're skillful because they didnt break it?

Because I'd say that Plastic skateboard would take a lot more damage than a normal wodden one!

They didnt modify it it or anything, just stuck wheels on it and did with it, what it was designed for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

As someone who hasn't had a skateboard since I was 12, crashed into the neighbours pier and catapulted over it, smashing the pink skateboard in the process, I was just impressed that plastic thing didn't smash to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I think they were making the point that you should be out really skating, hence knocking over xboxs and annoying the guy pretending to be on the laptop.

Cool video.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

More then anything they just wanted to see how good it would be much punishment it could take.Turns out a lot.
    They were planning on smashing it at the end but it held up so well they decided to keep it.Not sure which of them has it now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Only in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is the tune Angle of Death??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Is the tune Angle of Death??

Souns like a weird MIDI version of it anyway!

Kersmash wrote: »
    Souns like a weird MIDI version of it anyway!

How dare you :p

it's an 8 Bit chiptunes version of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Valmont wrote: »
    Only in Waterford.
    We get bored!

Advertisement