Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mossy(Mossie) Ferguson Meets Xena

Options
  • 23-06-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi Boardies,
    Does anyone remember a guy called Mossy Ferguson that used to be on an RTE tv show, either the den or one of the saturday things, he was supposedly a farmer that was fascinated by Xena warrior princess???
    I started watching Spartaus: Blood and Sand starring Lucy Lawless and remembered that the guy interviewed here years ago when she was Xena, it was bizarre but funny.. At least I hope he did and it wasn't some weird dream..

Tried googling him but theres Nothing out there.. Anyone confirm he even existed??

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mossy Ferguson sounds like the name of a tractor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

And Xena sounds like somebody who hates foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭GalwayGuy92

I think he was on a show named the Swamp on a Sunday morning but I could be wrong there, I only have vague recollections of the show and don't remember the fascination with Xena but I'm fairly sure the presenters' name was Mossy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Wiki:
    Between 1996 and 1997, The Swamp took The Den's place as a weekday strand during the summer. Mossy Fergeson, Rory and Rasher Bacon, a puppet, presented the show. The Swamp took place in a chipvan and a shop where the cast would show. The cast were involved in plots, such as saving Rasher from an eagle and getting rid of a vampire. Skelly, a talking skeleton, made several guest appearances on the show. In 1997–1998, The Swamp was aired on Saturdays and Sundays, while The Den was broadcast on weekdays. Although The Swamp proved to be successful, RTÉ cancelled the show in May 1998, much to the disappointment of its fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

And Xena sounds like somebody who hates foreigners.

I'm a Xenaphobe. She could probably kick my ass for one thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'd like to fcuk Lucy Lawless. Just putting it out there. Maybe she reads boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Insurgent wrote: »
    I'd like to fcuk Lucy Lawless. Just putting it out there. Maybe she reads boards.

Dya know, I think I heard somewhere that she does!

(Might have been from our mutual friend Robert DeNiro.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

'Skelly' is now known as Ryan Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Insurgent wrote: »

De chakram on her. It'd be like a hotdog down a hallway.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Yeah, I remember Mossy, he used to have bits of cheese stuck to his stubble I think. :D Brings back memories, think I have a recording of it on an old VHS tape at home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I remember the interview. She did the whole battle cry and everything. It was badass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

the memories have all come flooding back.

i remember mossy ferguson perfectly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Duck

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Whoohoo, So I'm not mad then!!! Now, to find the interview online... As IF!

For those of you that liked Lucy Lawless, I do recommend a perv at Spartacus..
    And for those of you that don't but like a bit of nudity just for the sake of it, again I recommend it!
    :D

Advertisement