Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair modelling for students..

• 23-06-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone had their hair done by student hairdressers?
    Specifically highlights or colouring?
    I had my hair cut by a peter mark student for free a few years ago and she did just as good a job as any fully qualified hairdresser i've been to.
    So i'm just wondering if anyone has had their hair highlighted or coloured by a student?
    I was recently in the pavillions in swords and the style club had a sign up looking for people to hair model on certain evenings a week, and all treatments etc. would be half price.
    It seems like a good bargain, especially as my highlights are costing me a small fortune to maintain! Also am I right in assuming that they would correct any mishaps etc. that a student might make?

Anyone's experience or help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Just wondering has anyone had their hair done by student hairdressers?
    Specifically highlights or colouring?
    I had my hair cut by a peter mark student for free a few years ago and she did just as good a job as any fully qualified hairdresser i've been to.
    So i'm just wondering if anyone has had their hair highlighted or coloured by a student?
    I was recently in the pavillions in swords and the style club had a sign up looking for people to hair model on certain evenings a week, and all treatments etc. would be half price.
    It seems like a good bargain, especially as my highlights are costing me a small fortune to maintain! Also am I right in assuming that they would correct any mishaps etc. that a student might make?

Anyone's experience or help would be great :)

I was booked in with a salon to be a model for colouring, and they postponed it because they decided they weren't teaching colouring that week.
    They postponed it the next week, and the next, and the next. I told them I would go to a regular salon and they had the cheek to ask if I wanted to go to theirs- hell no.

Then I went to Robert Chambers' academy once. The first time, they did the colour wrong, and didn't have time to give me a cut either.
    They brought me in a couple of days later to have the colour fixed and STILL "didn't have time" to cut it.

So in my experience, you get treated like a second-class citizen as a model- so now I just pay up and go to a normal salon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've gone to two Hairdressing Schools for haircuts and both were great, haven't gotten colour done though. The most recent one had very good hairdressers with brilliant teacher supervising them. The woman who teaches them colouring is a local hairdresser who is known for being brilliant with colour so I would be confident going there.

The students themselves are generally well able to cut and colour hair, but even if they do mess up their teachers keep a close eye and fix things no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've gotten a cut and full head of blonde highlights done by a student before and both were perfect. I may have been lucky though because the head stylist watched her like a hawk and stepped in whenever necessary

Advertisement