Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web design software...??

Options
  • 23-06-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm looking for a good software for web design its an area i would like to get a job in so I'd like to know what the most commonly used program is so if i did get a job in this area I would have a good working knowledge of the software.

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Notepad ++
    WYSIWYG editors (Paid and free)
    Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver WYSIWYG is part of this)
    XAMMP (or others) if you use PHP
    Boks (Visual Grid Editor)
    Then there are open source versions to proprietary software (e.g. Gimp for Photoshop)
    Numerous others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Don't forget firefox with firebug, and I'm moving this to the Design forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Try Microsoft's Expression Web
    Download the trial - and play around with it, easy learning curve - worth a try.
    (includes a WYSIWYG, and you can compare sites in multiple browsers at the same time (IE6/IE7/IE8/FF)

The latest version v4 also includes an SEO checking tool to assist on the basics of SEO requirements to make your site search-engine friendly.
    Plus its cheap;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

Thanks people.

A friend of mine gave me Dreamweaver so I'll give that a try I'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Notepad_icon.jpgphotoshop_icon.jpgfirefox-icon.png

and firebug plugin for firefox
    firebug.PNG

• Advertisement
Advertisement