Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse abuse

Options
  • 23-06-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

tried posting this last night in welfare but hasnt been put up yet.

who do i report abuse of horses to, i want to do it anonymously, a neighbour has horses in a near by field that are always on the road, have no water, and one or more are possibly dead, my dog brought home a part of a leg yesterday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

jap gt wrote: »

who do i report abuse of horses to, i want to do it anonymously, a neighbour has horses in a near by field that are always on the road, have no water, and one or more are possibly dead, my dog brought home a part of a leg yesterday

I'm sure if you report it it can be kept anonymous who did it. Ring your local Garda station and the SPCA in your area straight away. This is awful stuff. Can't believe people do this to animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

jap gt wrote: »

Sweet Jesus. Who is the "animal" here? Call the Gardai; they will protect yoru identity. We have done this in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

SPCA are great. I have called them numerous times on horses I see at the road side and some injured wildlife. They ask if you want to leave your name and number but they are fine with it if you refuse. They still take your complaint seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

someone beat me too it, shortly after posting i saw the gaurds pulling upto the field, all the horses yer loaded up shortly after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Jesus that sounds awful, how people can do this to animals I will never understand, hopefully your neighbour gets what he deserves and karma returns 100 times worse on him. Glad to hear they are safe now, I presume the gardai would know who owns them and will soon be knocking on his door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I'm very glad this has been sorted, I understand that some people see animals just as a tool or a means to an end (not that I approve of that attitude ) but I can't understand how they can mistreat them, if they are strugging there is plenty of people out there willing to help :mad:

Advertisement