Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

post office took my card...

• 23-06-2010 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey lads
    i am on jsa and today i sent my friend to collect for me my payment but the post office asked for id and they took card from him and then i went to post office after that along with id they says its cancel and send it back....
    does any body knows what should i do....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

johnburn wrote: »
    hey lads
    i am on jsa and today i sent my friend to collect for me my payment but the post office asked for id and they took card from him and then i went to post office after that along with id they says its cancel and send it back....

Well dude your in a spot of bother then, your going to have to explain the sw why you sent a freind there to collect your payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

learn from your mistake and reapply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭28064212

hey lads
    Is this too obvious? Go to your local welfare office and tell them what happened, they are the only ones who can reissue your card. And don't send someone else to collect your payments in the future, the rules are there for a reason

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnburn

gustafo wrote: »
    Well dude your in a spot of bother then, your going to have to explain the sw why you sent a freind there to collect your payment

i was having **** headache thats y ahhhh but if i go tomorrow and tell them it was me will they know that it was my friend.....
    i wont ****in do it next time,,,,what a headache....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why'd you send your friend in? :confused:
    you'll have a bit of explaining to do in the SW office,hope you get someone decent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

This is very serious, I really don't think you have grasped the seriousness of the situation.

More that likely the Gardai will be involved as your friend has been involved in impersonation, of which you had knowledge off. When I worked in local SW offices, these cases were always sent forward for prosecution assessment.

So, you claim to be unemployed, but can't be bothered to go to the post office to collect your payment??? The mind boggles. There can be no excuse - if you were ill or had a job interview or were on holiday you could have informed the SW office who would have made alternative arrangements for you.

You were involved in fraud, and you will have to face the consequences. There really isn't enough money in the welfare budget to pay welfare payments to someone who for reasons known only to themselves can't even be bothered to collect their own money!!!Obviously the first thing you should do is contact your local SW office - but there will be an investigation, and you may not necessarily be put into payment straight away. I would advise you do this straight away, as it could take some time to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jjmearse

I wouldn't pay to much attention to the horror stories above , its not as bad as they make out , put my back out moving my TV and couldn't go and claim so I sent my friend who had much the same problem , I rang the dole office and explained my situation and got a bit of a lecture for doing it and was told I should have used a authorization form to allow someone else to pick the cash up... just ring them up tell them you were ill and couldn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

jjmearse wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay to much attention to the horror stories above , its not as bad as they make out , put my back out moving my TV and couldn't go and claim so I sent my friend who had much the same problem , I rang the dole office and explained my situation and got a bit of a lecture for doing it and was told I should have used a authorization form to allow someone else to pick the cash up... just ring them up tell them you were ill and couldn't go.

its really really so unfair that you have to go to post office at all , i mean how can we taxpayers expect you all to find the time with your bad backs and headaches etc to collect it , we should have it hand delivered along with a bunch of flowers and some choclates .

fjkung unbeliveble the going on in this country !

danbohan wrote: »
    its really really so unfair that you have to go to post office at all , i mean how can we taxpayers expect you all to find the time with your bad backs and headaches etc to collect it , we should have it hand delivered along with a bunch of flowers and some choclates .

Cry me a river , I paid my prsi for 14 years, made unemployed in march , starting college in September... obviously you think everyone signing on is there by choice... so by default you're a fag enabler

'b]Offensive image removed -[/b]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

I wouldn't pay to much attention to the horror stories above , its not as bad as they make out , put my back out moving .........., I rang the dole office QUOTE]

Well the OP should pay attention to the seriousness of the situation, your story is different in that you took prior action and consulted Social Welfare.

Whether you believe it or not, the Dept take impersonation situations very serious, they have to after all - think about it - anybody could claim a "friend" borrowed their swipe card and collected their payment on their behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

jjmearse, as a new poster on Boards, you would do well to read the forum Charter and learn how to post unoffensively.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

danbohan wrote: »

:rolleyes:

As a working and tax paying man, I find this post offensive.

Try to ring in future but you won't get through. Answering phones is not in their job description, I left in a message and spoke to an inspector, he said he would leave a message to ring me back. That was two weeks ago.

dudara wrote: »
    jjmearse, as a new poster on Boards, you would do well to read the forum Charter and learn how to post unoffensively.

dudara

I'm a veteran of boards, I should be aware of the rules... but I get tired of trolls like danbohan who pop into nearly every thread in this part of the forum and rattling off the same condescending remarks directed at people signing on even though its against the forum charter , these people never seems to get pulled up about it , Sorry for going off of topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

What is a fag enabler?

If its some p1ss poor gay slur then I have a BIG issue with the poster getting off with a warning as I feel it is highly offensive and a personal attack on the danbohan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

axel rose wrote: »
    What is a fag enabler?

If its some p1ss poor gay slur then I have a BIG issue with the poster getting off with a warning as I feel it is highly offensive and a personal attack on the danbohan.

It could be a person that enables cigarettes with their addiction to fire and human mouths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Sorry my interest was lost 1 minute in........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I'm a veteran of boards, I should be aware of the rules... but I get tired of trolls like danbohan who pop into nearly every thread in this part of the forum and rattling off the same condescending remarks directed at people signing on even though its against the forum charter , these people never seems to get pulled up about it , Sorry for going off of topic.

Take it to PM with dudara or the Help Desk forum. The report post feature is for posts that you have a problem with.

I have removed the homophobic image you posted, and the only reason you haven't received a permenent ban is dudara got here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

i was having **** headache thats y ahhhh but if i go tomorrow and tell them it was me will they know that it was my friend.....
    i wont ****in do it next time,,,,what a headache....

There's a cold going around. I had it. I felt like **** all week. I still managed to make it into work Monday - Friday because I had to prepare for quarter end next week. I'm feeling better now though.

But I hope your headache is gone now. I'm sure the welfare people will be understanding.

Advertisement