Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

lidl generator

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

very good value indeed ...but not suitable for camping :D
    Weight: 43kg
    Noise Level: 96dB(A)
    1.6 x 0.525 x 0.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I bought the older style Lidl generator - very happy with it on the building site. Reliable, starts first pull etc.

But WAY too LOUD for a campsite!!!

When camping these are the only way to go:

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2GG&modelname=EU2000i&modelid=EU2000IAN

but pricey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

My very personal opinion, which won't be popular here is..... the best generator for camping is NONE! I don't wish to offend but you/we go camping to get away from stress and hassle and noise - why bring it along with you (and "share" it with everybody else)?.
    It's a beautiful country best enjoyed in the quiet. Laptops, TVs and Satellite can be run on 12v leisure if you really must have entertainment on tap. The odd time you need that much power (for a hairdryer or something?) - why not book into a site and use the (quiet) mains electricity provided?

It will add to the junk you carry around, and add its own smell to your van.

I'm a bit grumpy on the subject having landed in a beautiful village in Brittany last year where they have (free) parking exclusively for campervans ("Stationnement interdit sauf campingcars") in a stunning setting - and the evening was ruined by a fleet of Hymers from Germany who proceeded to set up their generators and sat in their vans watching satellite TV from home till midnight.

My 2 ccs, like. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Yeah I didn't need it for camping but searching online this is the only section with a mention of a generator so I posted it in here. Got it this morning, happy they weren't sold out. Havn't tried it out yet as it's a present for fathers day( the parents are on holidday atm) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    My very personal opinion, which won't be popular here is..... the best generator for camping is NONE!

Personally, I would be of the same opinion ...I don't even have TV or a computer in the camper and it's going to stay that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I share your opinions. While I have a lot of the gadgets (TV, Sat, Laptop, printer etc.) I've never had the use for a generator. I do keep a small inverter in the MH just in case but rarely have use for this either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

nd wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't need it for camping but searching online this is the only section with a mention of a generator so I posted it in here. Got it this morning, happy they weren't sold out. Havn't tried it out yet as it's a present for fathers day( the parents are on holidday atm) :)

Great! I shall stop "tut-tutting" then! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Totally agree with you there Dowtchaboy. Some of the efforts that I have seen folks making to replicate "home living" in a camper or caravan would make a cat laugh !

Advertisement