Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Router Issues

Options
  • 23-06-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Having some trouble with a UPC 10mb line, and would be grateful for any help or information on the fault. Basically the connection to the internet periodically drops, while the wi-fi connection remains unchanged. Most times, after a couple of minutes, the internet comes back, although the time varies.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with the settings on the router, since all the connections seem ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I'm actually experiencing a similar issue (same connection too). It used to be the case that my Xbox would not recognise the connection every few days and I'd have to restart the router (laptops would pick up the internet fine) but last night it dropped completely, kicking me off Xbox Live and the missues off the internet. After a minute or so it came back of its own accord.

I take it you have a Net Gear router?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I, and others in my area had the same problem for weeks. Got a call yesterday to say "We fix your line. It all should work ok now". And, other than a short 2 minute outage yesterday evening, it does seem stable now.

I've no idea what they did though, so can't really be of much help there.

What I did is call their support desk many many times and a complaint was filed on my behalf by one of the rare, helpful L1 representatives. Next thing I know, they fixed the issue. They really only get the networks people involved if/when you create a formal complaint. It's the only way to go...

Advertisement