Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 1 of Quitting

Options
  • 23-06-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am not smoking anymore from today onwards. Decided to set up this thread so as to let you know the highs/lows..

So far so good, only killed my bf so far nearly 10 times!!

I'll get there, I somehow feel more relaxed when I am not smoking....

Here's hoping I will do it, so many advantages to giving up, there's only disadvantages to smoking :D

Will check in again soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Well done on making the decision. Keep us posted, and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You go girl ... Try not to kill him completely - you might need him later :D

Welcome to the only club where quitting is a positive thing. Like you said there are no positives to smoking.

Focus on positives. The brain does not understand negatives. Don't think I'm not a smoker ... think I AM a non-smoker. When I play golf it's much more important to think "be straight" than "don't go left" as the brain will only understand the direction not the instruction. Same with smoking - concentrate on the positives and the rest will follow.

Keep us informed - we're all behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It's the best decision you will ever make and please keep us updated, I found this forum to be a great resource. All a really helpful and friendly bunch.

Take it day by day. That's what I did and I'm a year off them on July 14th. It will have such a positive impact on your life, good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Pinklady828282

Well done on making the decision to quit!
    I quit nearly 6 months ago & it has been the best thing i have ever done.
    I'm not so tired or stressed (think the cigs were actually making me MORE stressed) my skin is clear, i can smell EVERYTHING!!! I can run again!

Honestly, stick with it - you'll be grand :D
    (the hardest part is now, soon you wont even think about them, trust me)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

The one thing I am worrying about is dizzy spells, I seem to be so so light headed :( Its quite scary!

• Advertisement

Well finally I am on the way....on day 6...not smoking out of braziness now, gonna stick it out. Took me a while, but think I am on the road now.

Sorry I disappeared for a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Well done to be on day 6 - you are probably over the worst of it now.
    Just think a week tomorrow! fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well done pinkstars, it only gets easier! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 animalhuger

I quit a few moths ago

Stoped 100% dont waste money on any a that shi*t in the shops just play games and sleep for 2 weeks

They just flash in my mind now and then dont feel a need tho

Yup I have to say they do come into my mind etc.

Had to give up, I'm pregnant!

Feeling bad I never gave up sooner but still not even half way through it....

I tortured myself over them till in the end I had to give myself a break, and end the torment, and said enough was enough.

Already thinking I could smoke next year, when baby is here, but I think thats only helping me to get through it.

I know for a fact I won't smoke any till next year at least anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Well done you! And congrats on the babba :)

I know people who couldn't make themselves quit during their pregnancies so you are already proving how strong you are!

As far as smoking next year goes . . . you will be so over them at that point I bet it won't even enter your head!

BE STRONG AND HAPPY!

Thanks so much Daisy :D

I feel proud, I really had to do something about it though...I was sinking into a deep depression and was smoking more cause of it.

Argh I am still beating myself up all morning about why I didn't do it sooner :(:confused::(:confused:

I read your blog before Daisy, your doing great !

pinkstars wrote: »
    Thanks so much Daisy :D

I feel proud, I really had to do something about it though...I was sinking into a deep depression and was smoking more cause of it.

Argh I am still beating myself up all morning about why I didn't do it sooner :(:confused::(:confused:

I read your blog before Daisy, your doing great !

What's done is done missus,

You didn't quit sooner because you weren't ready to, agreed smoking is a stupid past-time but it's behind us now.

I'm doing ok in that I haven't smoked any cigs since quitting, still find it hard though! However I certainly don't miss the stink of cigs and the cost and the filth :)

I'm going to book a scale and polish as soon as my exams are over, looking forward to it as my dentist was asking me to give up the smokes for the sake of my gums, can't wait for her to see the improvement :)

Great idea Daisy Steiner :D

Gleaming teeth for you!

Are you managing ok?

One day at a time, sweet Jesus :pac::pac::pac::pac:

How are you lady?

I'm still holding tough although I came perilously close to giving in yesterday, all behind me now though and am on the up and up again!

Great keep it up :D:D

I wonder does this anxious feeling ever go? Is it cravings? Or am I not feeling as relaxed as I ever did? Something is missing....

I'm still not going to smoke out of stubborness now, we'll see what happens after babs comes out !:confused:

Well done for not smoking :)

pinkstars wrote: »
    Great keep it up :D:D

I wonder does this anxious feeling ever go? Is it cravings? Or am I not feeling as relaxed as I ever did? Something is missing....

I'm still not going to smoke out of stubborness now, we'll see what happens after babs comes out !:confused:

Well done for not smoking :)

Yeah you're still wound up I'd say, try and take deep breaths once you're aware of the anxious feelings, that should help along with water and exercise.

Come on now :) do you really want babs to think that Mammy is a stinker? It would be great if you didn't see smoking as some kind of prize for giving birth! You'll need your energy even more when babba arrives but sure see how it goes. :)

How are you feeling apart from the stupid cigs?

I do think I won't smoke out of stubborness when baby does arrive, I think I am just using that as part of tricking my brain ;)

I mean to have wasted all this time being off them only to have to try to give them up again another time :eek: no thanks!!

We'll see, I really can't say what will happen in January I know, I will not smoke until then anyway.

Feeling great just tiredness setting in. How you doing?:cool:

I'm well, apart from waiting for an exam result that isn't due 'til next Monday which is also the day that second year starts :(

Also my car has broken down so I can't go too far in my final week of freedom (that's if I have the marks to get in)

Apart from that though, I'm in crackin' form, sun is shining and I'm a very happy non-smoker.

I also got a pair of brand new nine west jeans in a charity shop for €2.50 yesterday . . . yes I am a jammy bitch :P

Advertisement