Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting QE7 timer, how much would you charge?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

My new appartment has to have a new timer put in, now my landlord knows im a sparks and said that he will deduct the cost of the GRASSLIN QE7 timer for the bath/sink aswell the cost of labour from my rent.

How much do they cost and what would you charge? I have no idea how much to charge for these kinda things as regards labour, worked in a factory so no domestic experience on pricing etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

off the top of my head a grasslin qe7 is about 65 euro plus vat and probably only take you about 10 mins to change out.
    i reckon around a 100 euro for the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

off the top of my head a grasslin qe7 is about 65 euro plus vat and probably only take you about 10 mins to change out.
    i reckon around a 100 euro for the whole lot.

Cheers for that chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

FYI - this guy came out and supplied & fitted mine for €50, he's done loads of them

http://www.adverts.ie/178413/fixtures-and-fittings/qe7plus-water-heater-timers-great-for-summer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

now that's a bargain-how's he sellin them for 20 quid?

don't want to knock it- but could be a diy install for 50euro

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

M cebee wrote: »
    now that's a bargain-how's he sellin them for 20 quid?

don't want to knock it- but could be a diy install for 50euro

No, I had him out and he supplied and fitted for €50. Lots of happy customers on that thread. He was saying the company he worked for went bang and he was left with loads of them, seemed a decent bloke and knew what he was doing

• Advertisement

a simple swop - but a good sparkie would also:
    Check element IR
    Confirm bath/sink
    Check loop-impedance
    Check for RCD present and working(notify customer if any issues)

maybe that's included in the price

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

No, I had him out and he supplied and fitted for €50. Lots of happy customers on that thread. He was saying the company he worked for went bang and he was left with loads of them, seemed a decent bloke and knew what he was doing

I'm not surprised the company he worked for went bang when he's using their stock for nixers.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we actually sell them for 52 plus vat, ive no idea how he could supply them for 20 euro. might be worth my while buying a few at that price. only downside is if one goes faulty will he stand over it a year later.

ya bargain of the century alright:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

All good points lads,

but the charter directs us towards avoiding cash price conversations, so it's prices including VAT only please.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement