Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recent Horror Related Purchases

Comments

Just back froma trip to town and picked up a nice few pieces.

Triangle - 10.99 in HMV on Blu Ray
    Pandorum - 10.99 in HMV on Blu Ray
    Halloween 2 - 9.99 in HMV on Blu Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Harpoon: Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre, The House of Evil, High Lane and The Monster Squad all purchased off CD Wow for just under 40 quid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

that seems to be a lota mula for just 2 films nesthead. are they ultra rare or somthing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The Let Sleepings Corpses Lie is limited to 5000 pieces.The Beyond is limited to I think 25000.

I have a couple of the other releases in that particular packaging and want to collect em all.

Masters of Horror Season 2 complete.

• Advertisement

Pre-Ordered the new Toetag Pictures movie Sella Turcica,not out til October but feck it,help support underground and indy horror by ordering from the TTP store.Its starring Camille Keaton (main star of I Spit on Your Grave) and Jade Risser (the girl in Murder Set Pieces)
    Camille Keaton to star in upcoming TOETAG INC. movie, Sella Turcica.

June 26nd, 2010. The founders of Pittsburgh-based entertainment production company TOETAG INC are thrilled to announce their latest feature, Sella Turcica, which will star Camille Keaton (I Spit on Your Grave), Damien A. Maruscak (MASKHEAD) and Jade Risser (Murder, Set, Pieces.) The independent movie will be directed by controversial director, Fred Vogel and is shooting in July and due for release in Fall 2010.

Sgt. Bradley Robak (Damien A. Maruscak) returns home from active duty after a mysterious accident leaves him paralyzed and wheelchair bound. Awaiting his return, his mother, Karmen (Camille Keaton) and younger sister, Ashley (Jade Risser) remain unaware of the details of the accident and severity of Brad‘s condition. Once he arrives, though he looks sickly, his family members are so pleased to see him alive that they don’t bring attention to his ill appearance. Over the next twenty-six hours Brad’s condition terribly worsens, barreling down to a gruesome conclusion that will change the family forever.

Pre-Sale for Sella Turcica begins on July 4th, 2010. The first 1000 copies sold will be numbered and signed by the cast and crew. A limited number of copies will come with Camille Keaton‘s signature.

cdwow have great offers on Troma movies at the moment so I picked up
    Terror Firmer 2 disc collectors edition
    Blood Sucking Freaks collectors edition
    both for less than 9 eurons.

Exorcist Anthology
    Hammer Horror 21 disc boxset

Both for 30 bucks delivered,I love you adverts.

Omen trilogy and House of the Devil.

In The Company Of Wolves collectors edition.

• Advertisement

30 days of night 2 disc
    Maniac Cop
    Naked Lunch Criterion release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

Got The human centipede and Inferno Bluray's from play
    Got Saw 5, Eden Lake and the Orphanage Blurays for a tenner
    Also picked up the Evil Dead Bluray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Picked up The Faculty, Poltergeist & Rise: Blood Hunter from Dunnes Stores as part of their 3 for 2 Halloween special.

Blu Ray:
    The Lost Boys: The Thirst
    Black Death
    Daybreakers

On DVD:
    Dead Girl
    While She was Out
    The Horde
    Feast 2
    Feast 3
    I Bury the Living

Any extra features on the Daybreakers Blu Ray disc?

DeWitt wrote: »
    Any extra features on the Daybreakers Blu Ray disc?

There's a number of them, I haven't actually looked what's on it as I moved house last weekend and forgot to bring the power lead for my PS3 with me. I would grab the Blu Ray but it's on the opposite side of the room and I'm feeling lazy.

From memory it contains a making of, which I've heard is near 2 hours long, a short film from the directors, interviews with the cast aswell as a few other treats. To be completely honest, it would be worth owning even if there were no extras.

Yeah, I have the DVD and there's a making of on it. Can't remember what else. I'm hoping they make a sequel, they really left the ending open for one.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the DVD and there's a making of on it. Can't remember what else. I'm hoping they make a sequel, they really left the ending open for one.

If they do a sequel I imagine it will be a direct to DVD affair.

Got the Halloween complete anthology (1st 8 movies)in the post today.Im very pleased as this regularly goes for upwards of 50 pounds sterling as its very out of print and much sought after.I got it for 15 eurons on adverts.:D /gloating

Pre-ordered Gutterballs Pinetration Edition.Limited to 669 and signed by Ryan Nicholson.

Been waiting for ages for this release and its due to ship on Feb 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Got the Halloween complete anthology (1st 8 movies)in the post today.Im very pleased as this regularly goes for upwards of 50 pounds sterling as its very out of print and much sought after.I got it for 15 eurons on adverts.:D /gloating

That this one?:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halloween-Complete-Collection-Eight-Disc/dp/B0002MGZA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295118189&sr=8-1

My absolute pride and joy of my DVD collection. The only thing wrong, the original film is Disc One of the Two Disc anniversary edition and the commentary contained on it is just awful, Carpenter Curtis and Hill all together...except recorded indivdually!! Really disappointing. Other than that though, well done, excellent purchase

niallon wrote: »
    That this one?:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halloween-Complete-Collection-Eight-Disc/dp/B0002MGZA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295118189&sr=8-1

My absolute pride and joy of my DVD collection. The only thing wrong, the original film is Disc One of the Two Disc anniversary edition and the commentary contained on it is just awful, Carpenter Curtis and Hill all together...except recorded indivdually!! Really disappointing. Other than that though, well done, excellent purchase

Thats it alright.I was delighted to get it so cheap.A guy I know from another forum offered it to me for 60 dollars about 2 weeks before I saw it on adverts,glad I didnt purchase!

Picked up season 2 and 3 of Dexter from sendit today.

Got this from Ryan Nicholson (Plotdigger Films) this morning.
    The streetdate of Feb.15th has now passed and all of you are wondering where your dvd is...well here is the news that hopefully all of you will find to be awesome. Due to abysmal pre-sales, I pulled back the limited edition of this awesome XXX Roughie PINetration version to 069!!! This is down from 669!!! So needless to say, you have probably one of the rarest dvd's around coming your way. I know most of you ordered "Torched" and experienced a horrible 6 to 8 month delay!!! Now this isn't the case with this edition, this is simply a decision that I made to handcraft an awesome case and include "Crime Scene" samples...something that I was going to do for "Torched" but didn't...your new street date is the third week of April now and I will be emailing you all the day I ship, AIR MAIL, to each one you. This brings me to my next sentence. I have less than 20 copies left. If you want to pass on this info to anyone of your friends that may be interested in ordering what will be insanely collectible, you should do so soon because no matter what, sales of this will stop at 12 am PST Sunday Feb. 20th and if I have any left, I will be placing them on Ebay. And that will be that. I'm almost ready to stop the 'Torched" 666 numbered dvds because I have very few left and again, that will be that. I hope you all see fit to wait for your dvd or dvd's and if you ordered this PINetration dvd with anything else, I will ship or I have shipped those additional items on their own. Feel free to email me with any questions and please, if you haven't joined our forum on plotdigger.com please do so, I interact there as well as Facebook and emails...but I'm trying to go to the forum more these days. I hope I haven't ruined your weekend and know that I'm handcrafting something insanely cool for you. Thanks for your support and thanks for ordering the cool stuff you do!!

While Im a bit bummed about the delay,the fact that he is handcrafting the cases himself and including some one of a kind goodies make this absolute horror nerd heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I got House of 1000 Corpses in Game Stop a few weeks ago and I was delighted because I've always wanted to see it.

I didn't really have to watch it until yesterday. So I popped in the DVD and it's freakin' Region 1. >.<

Now the effort of downloading something so I can watch this. Got The Thing recently too. Top class stuff.

Millenium complete boxset
    Rec 2

Leprecaun 5 movie boxset 15 euro(haven't seen any of them but dying to see how ****e they are)
    Wake Wood
    Maniac Cop
    Edge of terror
    Creature/Spiders/Spiders 2
    Dead Silence
    Saw BD
    The relic
    Drive in Massacre
    Suicide

Most of these were 2 euro each so cheap and cheerful

That's a great haul man, Dead Silence I loved, great for the jump scares. And Maniac Cop, BRUUUUUUCE!!!! :D

Was in Gamestop today and got Hatchet,The Descent 2 disc and Demon Warriors in their 4 movies for €10.

Heard Hatchet is good craic,same with Demon Warriors.Im not a huge fan of The Descent but for 2.50 for it then why not.

I was in there yesterday (game stop Blanch) they had some moveis 2 for 2 yoyos with out covers. I think they had ring2 and a few others. Not great but for that money sure why not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Just bought 'The Walking Dead' season 1 on DVD.
    Surprised to see that it diverges from the comic book to a considerable degree in terms of plotting, dialogue etc.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all - most adaptations are chopped and changed according to some producer's idea of what the audience are going to respond to ... But for some reason I thought they might use the comic books as storyboards and more or less port the whole thing across, cover 2-4 trade paperbacks worth of issues per TV season. The pilot certainly seemed to be in that vein. Then the subsequent episodes so far appear to be someone's stab at re-interpreting things slightly (unless my memory is way off).

Yeah as the series goes on it diverts more and more, though nearly every episode has some reference to the timeline of the comics. With a longer series planned for next season I'd imagine there'll probably be a more even mix of new and original material

The Machine Girl Steel Book Collectors Edition
    Nightmare Concert aka A Cat In The Brain uncut.One of the few Fulci movies I havnt seen and by all accounts one of the goriest.

Got both on ebay for around 15 bucks delivered.

Just bought 'The Walking Dead' season 1 on DVD.

[]

cant wait for Season 2. seems ages in coming now...

The Mutilation Man - Sick Edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Gilda Fortune

The Thing - brill film kicks aliens ass

• Advertisement

Curfew
    Cabin Fever 2
    Fright Night (original)
    Laid To Rest

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

The Thing - brill film kicks aliens ass
    Deadly stuff, still gives me the chills!

For me:
    Rec 1&2
    Insidious
    Martyrs(Though I'm not sure if you could call it a horror, plenty of shocks though)

Curfew

Which version of Curfew? I've my eye on a set of 6 films for 5 euro which includes Curfew, Pieces, Axe and a few others. Only really want Curfew and Pieces.

This release of it,I bought it from ebay for about 1.50,just waiting on delivery.

Pieces Ive held off on buying thus far as there are many different releases of it and when I do finally buy I want it to be the proper uncut release.Arrow have released a rather lovely looking edition of it however Im not sure if its uncut (you know yourself,when a movie gets a UK release uncut there tends to be a bit of fanfare).The Grindhouse release of it from a while back is fully uncut but is still fairly pricey for what would be a blind buy.

This release of it,I bought it from ebay for about 1.50,just waiting on delivery.

Pieces Ive held off on buying thus far as there are many different releases of it and when I do finally buy I want it to be the proper uncut release.Arrow have released a rather lovely looking edition of it however Im not sure if its uncut (you know yourself,when a movie gets a UK release uncut there tends to be a bit of fanfare).The Grindhouse release of it from a while back is fully uncut but is still fairly pricey for what would be a blind buy.

Same version as in the pack. Let me know what the picture quality is like. I imagine that Arrow's Pieces is uncut but in any case I'll find out and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭jh79

Same version as in the pack. Let me know what the picture quality is like. I imagine that Arrow's Pieces is uncut but in any case I'll find out and let you know.

I have the Film2000 release, its uncut but poor quality.
    The arrow release is uncut too

BTW, www.dvdcompare.net is good for checking which versions are uncut

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=6363

These are the results for pieces

jh79 wrote: »

Just had one of the guys from Arrow confurm it's uncut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭jh79

Darko wrote: »
    jh79 wrote: »

Just had one of the guys from Arrow confurm it's uncut.

Pieces is on the horror channel this month

Cabin Fever
    John Carpenters Vampires
    Dexter Season 4
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre t-shirt
    Dawn of the Dead t-shirt

Won Friday the 13th (original) deluxe edition uncut for 4 pounds on ebay.Been after this for a while so quite pleased.:)

The Descent 2
    Death Proof
    Machete
    Hobo With A Shotgun

All for 18 bucks in HMV.
    :)

Picked up I spit on your grave uncut R1 in a liquidation shop for 2.50. Yes my heart stopped for a second
    Alien quadrilogy bluray 20 euro
    Pieces (arrow)

My Bloody Valentine (original) Deluxe Collectors Edition Uncut.

Been looking for this for a while now.
    :)

Original signed copy of Big Junior.

Hellraiser parts 6,7 and 8.

They are prolly muck but the completest in me had to buy em and considering they have never had a proper release in Ireland or the UK the lot for less than €25 including shipping isnt too bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement