Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

España -v- Chile, Fri 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Didn't think it was that bad a dive from Torres. Shameful.

1277496422531i1sy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He actually knocks his own right leg into his left leg. That's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

He has dived several times before. Sad, but not particularly shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

ill admit he goes down easy, but does he hit his left foot off the guys knee, and then trip himself? it looks like the other fellas stride does falter a little before torres goes over

jebidiah wrote: »
    ill admit he goes down easy, but does he hit his left foot off the guys knee, and then trip himself? it looks like the other fellas stride does falter a little before torres goes over

C'mon now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

1277496422531i1sy.gif

Hopefully Spain lose their next game tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    1277496422531i1sy.gif

Hopefully Spain lose their next game tbh.

Most of the Portugese players are no strangers to diving either though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Hope you guys don't mind me plugging my thoughts on the game. Have a look, even if it's only to watch the video of Villa's goal!

http://backpagefootball.com/world-cup/spain-beat-chile-as-both-progress/

Your own thoughts and comments welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Was there no contact? I think that gif is a bad angle. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JPA wrote: »
    Was there no contact? I think that gif is a bad angle. Could be wrong.

I'd like to see more footage too. That said, even if there was contact, it sure was not a bookable offense. Poor, very poor judgment from the ref, who did fine otherwise during the match imho. That said (again), he could have got a second yellow for his previous bad tackle. But we need way more consistency on those cards, refs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Oh dear, Fernando what are you playing at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

unkel wrote: »
    I'd like to see more footage too. That said, even if there was contact, it sure was not a bookable offense. Poor, very poor judgment from the ref, who did fine otherwise during the match imho. That said (again), he could have got a second yellow for his previous bad tackle. But we need way more consistency on those cards, refs :(

There was a tackle on Xabi Alonso in the first half that easily could have been a direct red. Anyway I thought San Andrés was superb tonight - delighted for him. He was good against the Swiss also. Not a bad tournament from the little guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I would like to see that at another angle before I would crucify Torres tbh. He surely didnt throw himself to the ground like that on the verge of getting himself into a good position to knock in a cross. I know he wasn't fit and getting really frustrated in a Rooney sort of way etc...if it is a dive its shocking but I dunno :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I would like to see that at another angle before I would crucify Torres tbh. He surely didnt throw himself to the ground like that on the verge of getting himself into a good position to knock in a cross. I know he wasn't fit and getting really frustrated in a Rooney sort of way etc...if it is a dive its shocking but I dunno :confused:

"There must be another explanation"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Torres brushed against the guys knee, realises there was contact and then decided to fling himself to the ground. Even if it wasn't a dive, all one has to do is look at the face of Estrada, he is not looking at Torres before the "fall" and only briefly glances as Torres as he take the tumble. There was no intent. Compare this to Torres's sneaky glance just before he falls over.

I should hope that FIFA would do the right thing and reprimand Torres in some fashion that is a little more meaningful than Rivaldo's £5180 fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Clear contact for the Torres thing, yes he goes down easily but it was still most certainly a foul. A yellow though? I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

noodler wrote: »
    "There must be another explanation"

Is that a quote from Torres? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hope you guys don't mind me plugging my thoughts on the game. Have a look, even if it's only to watch the video of Villa's goal!

http://backpagefootball.com/world-cup/spain-beat-chile-as-both-progress/

Your own thoughts and comments welcome.

I gave you my thoughts on your article on the England v Slovenia game which was pretty sloppy and inaccurate but you chose to ignore what I had to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

I gave you my thoughts on your article on the England v Slovenia game which was pretty sloppy and inaccurate but you chose to ignore what I had to say.

Have left a couple of comments on there in the past too and never had any published.

On the red card blatent dive with minimul contact, seen it plenty of time at his club too, getting used to his antics at this stage which is such a disappointment as he is a world class player,

Advertisement