Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - changing price plan in contract

Options
  • 23-06-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I'm currently about 8/9 months into a €55 a month contract (500 mins, 500 texts, 1gb data). I've read somewhere that it's possible to drop to a lower price plan after 6 months.

Does anyone know if this is true and will it affect my chance to upgrade the phone after 12 months?

I want to drop to I think the €35 (200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb data) price plan, as I'm just not using the minutes I have available now.

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dan185 wrote: »
    I'm currently about 8/9 months into a €55 a month contract (500 mins, 500 texts, 1gb data). I've read somewhere that it's possible to drop to a lower price plan after 6 months.

Does anyone know if this is true and will it affect my chance to upgrade the phone after 12 months?

I want to drop to I think the €35 (200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb data) price plan, as I'm just not using the minutes I have available now.

Thanks
    Dan

You can't actually lower the price plan for the duration of the contract (12 months). It won't affect your upgrade, apart from paying a higher price for a phone due to being on a lower plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I called customer care earlier to see and the girl said you can only upgrade, not downgrade.

Gonna give credit control a ring tomorrow and see if I can, because a good friend of mine is the same as yourself, said he was able to lower it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

chrislad is correct
    This is taken from the Meteor website. I'd have assumed myself you could change after 6 months also!! :eek:

"As a Bill Pay Customer you may apply to change from your Tariff Plan to a higher Tariff Plan (other than from Bill Pay Lite to another plan, which will require a new execution of contract) with effect from the beginning of any charging period by giving us at least 30 days advance written notice or calling customer care. You can only change to a lower Tariff Plan (including to Bill Pay Lite) after the conclusion of your existing Minimum Period, or upon settlement of termination charges for your prior Tariff Plan in accordance with clause 15, unless Meteor specifies otherwise, and where, at the time of requesting or effecting the change, you do not have unpaid amounts owing."

"Minimum Period" - The period of 12 months (or such other period as stated under the Application Form executed) commencing on the date of the Customer's connection to the Network, or from any re-execution or new execution of this Agreement or written acceptance of new terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

To the OP, have a look at your original contract T&Cs. I believe the 12 month minimum period was only introduced last December, your contract might predate that and allow changes after 6 months.

You might also be able to get out of contract altogether as they have changed the T&Cs - but maybe you should've reacted within 1 month of the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

I was on a €55 contract with Meteor and found I wasnt using the time and text, called into the shop in Waterford, asked if I could lower my bill and they said it shouldnt be a problem just to ring customer care (I was with them 7 - 8 months at this stage) Got my bill reduced to €25 a month with no hassles. Just recently got an upgraded phone last month and again there was no hassles.
    They seemed very helpful and happy to help me out.You might aswell try and ask.

Advertisement