Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female doctor in Limerick

Options
  • 23-06-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a female doctor in Limerick? My own GP is male, but I want to see a female doctor and don't really know who to go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Meadowsprings Medical Centre Meadowsprings Clareview Limerick, 061 326929

3 Female GPs. Highly Recommended :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The GP's office in John Square has a female doctor, she also works in the castletroy office.
    Her surname is Griffin, cant think of her first name. She's my doctor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Melion wrote: »
    The GP's office in John Square has a female doctor, she also works in the castletroy office.

Are you sure her name is Griffin, because the doctors surgery is of Dr Michael Griffin.

As it happens I went to a female doctor (not sure of her surname, know her first name, not sure if I should say) in Johns Square surgery this morning, and I found her quite rude. My appointment was at 10, I was seen at 10.55, and I was in there for maximum 3 minutes. She asked me questions about how I was finding my tablets, but interrupted me every time I answered a question. She's not my regular doctor, but I was very unimpressed. Although am very unimpressed by my regular doctor there too, in a different way.

Thats the one problem i have with that surgery. You can guarantee you wont be seen at your appointment time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dr Marcela or Giola McCann, mother and daughter share the same practice located across from Ivan's in Caherdavin as you head up to LIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I saw Dr Griffin before when I tore ligaments in my ankle while running. Although I found her fine she was asked me over and over if I did the injury while drunk wearing heels. She wouldn't listen when I told her no and I'm sure she didn't believe me, not that it should make any difference. Wasn't too impressed with that.

I've since moved to female doctor in the Castletroy Medical Centre behind Bank of Ireland and Gleesons Spar. I can't remember her name but she's great and talks to you like you're human! They do walk in appointments too and open quite early and late if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

One of the best female docs in the country is in Corbally - Dr. Grey i believe

ergonomics wrote: »
    I saw Dr Griffin before when I tore ligaments in my ankle while running. Although I found her fine she was asked me over and over if I did the injury while drunk wearing heels. She wouldn't listen when I told her no and I'm sure she didn't believe me, not that it should make any difference. Wasn't too impressed with that.

I've since moved to female doctor in the Castletroy Medical Centre behind Bank of Ireland and Gleesons Spar. I can't remember her name but she's great and talks to you like you're human! They do walk in appointments too and open quite early and late if I remember correctly.

The same family run both surgeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Melion wrote: »

Michael's daughter Leisha works in the practice, generally, in Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mc Love wrote: »
    One of the best female docs in the country is in Corbally - Dr. Grey i believe
    Seconded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Dr. Alison English few doors up from the G.P.O Very nice doctor young too so she's not old school frowny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Dr. Paula Gaire
    Abbeygrove House Medical Practice,
    Sir Harry's Mall,
    Limerick
    +353 61 419121

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Dr Gillian (can't remember her second name) in the Dooradoyle Medical Centre.
    A great and very thorough doctor who is very easy to approach.
    061 306922

Also no long waits for your appointement time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

phog wrote: »
    Michael's daughter Leisha works in the practice, generally, in Castletroy.

Yep, Laiose Griffin is my doctor too. Brilliant at her job and a lovely person. 061-331313.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

Millie wrote: »
    Dr Gillian (can't remember her second name) in the Dooradoyle Medical Centre.

Dr. Gillian Boland: here is their website.

According to my wife she is a very good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ink wrote: »
    Dr. Gillian Boland: here is their website.

According to my wife she is a very good one.

She could develop her People skills in my opinion - But maybe I just met her on a bad day........ repeatedly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Dr Marcela or Giola McCann, mother and daughter share the same practice located across from Ivan's in Caherdavin as you head up to LIT.

Both are fantastic doctors and I would highly recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Both are fantastic doctors and I would highly recommend them!

Have heard only great things about the two of them from people i know who use them..

Advertisement