Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi I was made redundant last week. My employers came in and told me my position was being made redundant. I was a manager and even asked if there were staff positions in the store but they said there was none. They said there was a manager position which I could apply for like everyone else. However that was on the other side of the city and totally inconvenient so i just took the redundancy.

However this morning I got a letter saying...
    'I refer to our recent discussions in respect of your application for redundancy, I wish to confirm that your request for voluntary redundancy has been accepted'.

What is that about? I never asked to take redundancy they came with it out of the blue.

I worried this may affect future employment or JSA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

anyone any responses?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

kellyj77 wrote: »
    I worried this may affect future employment or JSA

It won't.

By now, you should have gone to your local SW office to sign on, so you will know it won't affect JSB or JSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

i went down to them and they said i would get the JSA but in my application i said i was made redundant which i was. I am meant to be collecting my cheque tomorrow so if i have to sign anything mentioning that i applied for redundancy will i refuse to sign it?/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

As far as JSA/JSB is concerned, it won't make any difference if the redundancy was voluntary or not.

Be aware, if you get a redundancy payment, you may have to wait some weeks to actually receive the first JSB payment. They'll be able to explain it all to you in the SW office.

Advertisement