Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to extend the time before I "time out" on boards?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Hey I thought the Help Desk might appreciate a post that isn't a complaint or a request along the lines of "where can I buy cheap shoes in Dublin?".

Anyways, I was wondering if there is some sort of setting I can change to extend the amount of time before I become automatically logged out of boards. Like if I'm reading a page or I am composing a particularly long post and I have taken a certain amount of time, when I go to post I will have timed out or something and will have to log back in.

I have gotten into the habit of copying very long posts I make before hitting the submit button because sometimes when I hit the back button or log back in they get wiped but sometimes I forget and I type pretty slow so usually just don't have the will to try and remember and retype the post.

So yeah, can I extend or deactivate that time out thing in boards settings or is it something specific to my computer, or is it just unchangeable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

When you log in, do you tick the "Remember Me" box? Without doing that you will keep getting logged out I'm afraid.

Advertisement