Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would my N900 be worth?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Am selling my Sim Free N900 soon. I've had it for 4 months and its in perfect condition complete with extra battery and zagg shield.

What kind of price do you guys think it could fetch on adverts.ie etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i will give you a fiver for it+ a bag of tayto:D on a serious note why are you getting rid of it? from what i heard it p*ss all over the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

why are you getting rid of it? from what i heard it p*ss all over the iphone.

Oh, here we go. :D

It's all down to the old "what do you want from your phone". It's a geeks phone, simple as. It is full-featured, GPS, touchscreen, 5-megapixel camera, 32Gb storage (expandable to 48Gb with micro-SD cards), tv-out cable supplied, FM transmitter, integrated Skype, GoogleTalk regular GSM, and so on. Oh, and did I mention the Linux x-terminal that comes with it? :)

As a consumer phone, however, it's not so good. Not too many apps, most of the PC Suite software doesn't work with it, the user interface isn't as polished as the iPhone (then again, what user interface is?).

For me, I love it. Then again, I am a techie and don't get annoyed with things that are missing on Nokia's most expensive phone ( turn-by-turn directions, anyone?).

As for how much it is worth, I'd say in the 250-300 Euro bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    5-megapixel camera, 32Gb storage (expandable to 48Gb with micro-SD cards),

I thought it took a 32GB micro-SD card? Is my beloved 'Uber-phone' less "Uber" than i thought? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I thought it took a 32GB micro-SD card? Is my beloved 'Uber-phone' less "Uber" than i thought? :confused:

Is there such a thing? All I have ever read about the phone said 48Gb max.

Perhaps if there is a 32Gb card, it doesn't support it? I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

well the RRP has dropped in the state so it could well do here soon enough so if you are looking at unloading it chances are you would be best to do it sooner rather then later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I'm getting rid of it like Tom said, because I'm not really geeky when it comes to phones. Yes I should have known that before I got it, and while I did my research I just find it way over my head in the techy department.

I'm going for an iphone, and while I know all the pro's/con's with the iphone, for me it will be alot easier to manage, and will allow me to create sms groups for texting...which is key to my work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's the equivalent of a two year old Mercedes S class when it congress to depreciation. It drops like a stone precisely because it has so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Well, would it be realistic for me to look for a iphone 3gs as a swap for the N900?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Well, would it be realistic for me to look for a iphone 3gs as a swap for the N900?
    well... I'd give you my 1-day-old palm pre plus...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

oops... shoulda gone to adverts. pardon :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement