Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birdhill to Nenagh/ O' Briens Bridge to ogonolloe

• 23-06-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi guys, so i have ordered my road bike and just waiting on pay day so i can collect it.

Was just wondering these are the 2 routes which i am going to be breaking myself in on BUT is there any members here that cycle these roads.

Are the safe ? Suitible for complete newbies etc

Route 1
    Killaloe> Birdhill
    Birdhill>Nenagh(old road)

Route 2
    Bridgetown> Killaloe
    Killaloe> ogonolloe

Any other suggestions of routes around the same area would be very welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Hi Ger,

Cycle these roads regularly.

Your blessed with some of the best routes in the mid west.

To start you off try Killaloe -> OBriens Bridge -> Montpellier -> Dalys cross -> Birdhill -> Killaloe ... about 30/35km not to many hills and the road surface is good besides a section on the Killaloe OBB road.

my favorite 60km is Killaloe -> Ogonolloe -> Tuamgraney -> Bodyke -> Broadford -> Bridgetown -> Killaloe ..... challenging route (for me anyway) with lots of rolling hills.

Good luck with it

p.s. if your brave do a search on this forum for Kilbane Pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

another good route is out from Killaloe--->Ogonolloe-->Tuamgraney-->Scarfiff-->Mountshannon - then return to Killaloe, 55km roundtrip. Bit of a hill on the way back through Tuamgraney but nothing difficult.

Another nice spin is out from Ballina towards Garrykenedy via Portroe, you can then go on to Nenagh from there....around 45k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

anoble66 wrote: »
    Bit of a hill on the way back through Tuamgraney but nothing difficult.

Ah! buts its all worth it hitting 65 down the hill at O'Gonelloe on the return. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Hi Ger,

Cycle these roads regularly.

Your blessed with some of the best routes in the mid west.

To start you off try Killaloe -> OBriens Bridge -> Montpellier -> Dalys cross -> Birdhill -> Killaloe ... about 30/35km not to many hills and the road surface is good besides a section on the Killaloe OBB road.

my favorite 60km is Killaloe -> Ogonolloe -> Tuamgraney -> Bodyke -> Broadford -> Bridgetown -> Killaloe ..... challenging route (for me anyway) with lots of rolling hills.

Good luck with it

p.s. if your brave do a search on this forum for Kilbane Pass

If you are on these roads regularly i have probably passed you numerous times im the lad in the blue honda civic coupe with the red wheels thats usually staring out the window trying to see what bikes ye are on (giving epic amounts of room may i add lol)

Thanks for that route suggetstions but i must definatly wont be doing the kilbane pass any time soon it goes right past my home house so i know ALL about it haha

Yes was also think about doing the killaloe,dalys cross, killaloe ring it seems very very newbie friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

If you venture as far as Castlelough/Garrykennedy you will pick up the North Tipp Cycle Routes - full details here

• Advertisement
Advertisement