Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaten

Options
  • 23-06-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes, if it's fresh. Goes stale quite quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

I love Spaten! Very crisp and a nice aftertaste. Packs a punch too! It was on offer there for the last few weeks 3 for 6eu. Lets just say a few trips to the bottle bank were required!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I love Spaten. It's a lovely easy-drinking German beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Big fan of Spaten. I have seen is in a few places now, not just Aldi.
    Molloys off-license had it for a good price, and Centra has it ( but the price is not as good as Aldi).

In October, keep an eye out for the Spaten Octoberfest beer.
    Aldi only had it for a week last year, should have bought more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like it and think most people would, like most would like budvar too, but might not like "white" erdinger, warsteiner, paulaner all of which I have seen people drink and hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I quite like it, girl working in Aldi told me it's the best selling beer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

I've had a soft spot for it ever since I spent a few summers working in Germany in the early 90s. 500ml bottles of Spaten Hell in the vending machines in the BMW factory made for a very pleasant working environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've had a soft spot for it ever since I spent a few summers working in Germany in the early 90s. 500ml bottles of Spaten Hell in the vending machines in the BMW factory made for a very pleasant working environment.

Ah yes, happy days.
    And carrying a crate of Spaten Gold between two people back to the campsite.
    The Friday pissup at BMW was something to behold!
    People talk of unding up with a "Monday car "- in the case of BMW, I think it's a "Friday car".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What % is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

just looked it up on the spaten website
    5.2 which is stronger than I had thought.

Its a funny beer, its a bit like a woman.
    Some days it can be in great form and be your best friend, and others completely foul! With no logic behind the swing in form.

Even off draught, one pint can be lovely and the next surprisingly crap.
    And in the bottle bottle theres already a thread here about bad bottles of spaten.

Still, given the limited alternatives in Ireland is probably a good thing to have Spaten reasonably widely available.

(Aside, I just got a waft of lovely malty smells from the Spaten brewery coming in the window there..... I'll have to enjoy it as they are moving to the suburbs very soon
    EDIT: I work 700m from the spaten brewery in munich in case it sounds strange!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Anyone know where you might get Spaten Optimator in Dublin?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not seen it in ages. DrinkStore have Salvator and Aventinus, though.

Advertisement